Explore & discover

Helpful Links

I cannot watch DirecTV on my computer

Teacher

I cannot watch DirecTV on my computer

I just got DTV yesterday, I cannot watch DirecTV on my computer, but I can on my iPhone. I am in my home network. using chrome I get to the watch live box & nothing happens when I click on the button. In MS edge it had me download flash, and says to install directv player. Downloaded & installed it. I again click on watch live and it says to download & install the player. I have cleared the cach & removed cookies. ??????? I did get it to work with IE, but can't access my DVR.. Experienced the SAME B...S... 3 years ago when I had DTV before. <FIX IT PERIOD> STOP ASKING WHAT BROWSER PEOPLE HAVE!!!!!!!!!!! IT IS ADVERTISED TO WORK WITH ANY BROWSER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Why not ask how Time Warner/Spectrum does it. I was even getting LOCAL Channels & On The Roku For FREE!!!!!!!!!!!

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 66
Tutor

Re: Re: I cannot watch DirecTV on my computer

What a JOKE Direct TV is. NOT only are Local stations are not available when you're away from home and not logged into your home internet YOU cant EVEN watch NFL.com WHILE on your local network at HOME.

Imagine that. I cant watch NFL.com at home ON my wireless network at the pool!

Direct TV is Bull. I cant wait to switch..

Message 61 of 66
Scholar

Doesn't matter, doesn't work.

Message 62 of 66
Scholar

That's it?  You filed a complaint with the FCC that you could not watch directv on your computer and it got fixed?  By whom?  How?

Message 63 of 66
Teacher

I did get several calls from ATT after the FCC complaint but they came at inconvenient times and I never called back. 

I also found a work-around. If I use a USB wifi device, I can watch from the DTV website. Even after removing the USB wifi device, I can still connect & watch using my laptop's built in wifi device. I think the issue is the way the s/w handles, or more accurately doesn't handle, multiple network adapters. My laptop has wired ethernet, wifi, and s/w VPN & VMWare workstation adapters. I don't think the Cisco s/w handles it well. For some reason, the USB wifi adapter seems to become the default adapter to Cisco. I think it might work if all other network adapters except the one you want to use are set as disabled. 

Message 64 of 66
Contributor

Trying to watch DTV on my computer and it still doesn't work, two years later... They kept telling me it was going to be fixed. Never has and never will I'm guessing. Google Chrome and Safari are both moving away from Flash Player since Adobe is discontinuing it in 2020 anyways. Even though I have my settings on "ask permission before enabling", since that's the only option now, it doesn't request permission like other websites, so the request never comes up. This is clearly an issue on Directv's end.

Directv, when will you redo your platform? I am leaving you as a customer and filing documentation with the FCC for not providing the service I've been paying extra for. Everyone else should be doing the same.

If anyone from Directv/ATT would actually care to reach out, fix this and pay me back for the services not provided, that would be great.

Message 65 of 66
ACE - Expert

@xav2390 

You don't pay extra to watch on your computer. That is just a feature they include with the services, not some additional charge.

Did you try Internet Explorer? Always worked for me.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 66 of 66
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

If your DIRECTV account has recently moved into myAT&T, let us help you manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T.

Additional Support