Explore & discover

Helpful Links

I cannot watch DirecTV on my computer

Teacher

I cannot watch DirecTV on my computer

I just got DTV yesterday, I cannot watch DirecTV on my computer, but I can on my iPhone. I am in my home network. using chrome I get to the watch live box & nothing happens when I click on the button. In MS edge it had me download flash, and says to install directv player. Downloaded & installed it. I again click on watch live and it says to download & install the player. I have cleared the cach & removed cookies. ??????? I did get it to work with IE, but can't access my DVR.. Experienced the SAME B...S... 3 years ago when I had DTV before. <FIX IT PERIOD> STOP ASKING WHAT BROWSER PEOPLE HAVE!!!!!!!!!!! IT IS ADVERTISED TO WORK WITH ANY BROWSER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Why not ask how Time Warner/Spectrum does it. I was even getting LOCAL Channels & On The Roku For FREE!!!!!!!!!!!

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 58
Teacher

Re: Re: I cannot watch DirecTV on my computer

That solution does NOT work for Chrome or any browser! DirecTV & AT&T all need to stop being lazy and fix the D*** online interface! I've tried on multiple computers (2 desktops, 2 laptops, 4 browsers) and none of them work even after following the instructions and downloading the LATEST Adobe Flash Player (and making sure it's enabled), installing DirecTV Player (Cisco Video Guard 6.8), and making sure ALL my browsers are up-to-date! This is pathetic that no one has looked into this issue!

Message 16 of 58
Teacher

I can understand the frustration believe me! I was able to make this
work. I was able to make this work but my post was listed as the
'solution'. Please try:

I have Windows 10 and Use Google Chrome as my default browser. I could
only make this work with Internet Explorer 11. I have tried with Chrome,
Edge, and Opera and none of those would ever work for me.

1. Uninstall Ad Block. Ad Block is a Windows Store app. If Chrome is
your default browser like me, I highly recommend U Block Origin, which is
available as as a Chrome extension. I will strictly use Internet Explorer
to stream DTV so I am less concerned to have an ad blocker on it.

2. Add https://www.directv.com to the Internet Explorer trusted sites.
This is done via the gear icon in the upper right hand corner if Internet
Explorer, Then go to Internet Options. Select the security tab. Click on
Trusted Sites. Click the Sites button. Enter https://www.directv.com
and hit the add button.Close the securitywindow.

3. Click the Privacy tab. This is next to the security tab mentioned in
step 2. Click the Settings button. Add www.directv.com to the list of
sites that are allowed to use pop-ups.

4. Do not put the Directv address in the compatibility mode section. It
is not helpful.

5. Reload or re-open Internet Explorer and not you should be able to
stream DTV on your machine.
Message 17 of 58
Contributor

according to DTV streaming is a free service, so tough sh_t if it doesn't work.... I opened a ticket with them on November 2nd, yea they have not got back with me since, I've called so many times to get the same run around and same end solution, "Its a known problem and engineering is working on it" PPFFTT... If its a free service why do I need to have service agreement to stream?

Message 18 of 58

Cat Sad I've heard other people say the same thing; I would just berate myself for being lazy if I didn't at least add my voice. Do you know if streaming is any different if you get DirecTV Now?

Message 19 of 58

This is a forum to help many people and you go private to respond?  This apparently is an issue with many people.  Thanks for the "Fabulous" service.

Message 20 of 58

Directv Now is not any better.  I have directv on my home in Missouri, and due to the direction of  my apartment in Texas I can't get a signal here.  So I have U-Verse, and Directv NOW and you would think that all this would work together seamlessly, but it doesn't.  After watching Directv Now for a few hours, it will stop and you will have to restart the whole thing over to get the signal to continue.  This seems to happen right a crucial part in any show you are streaming and you miss it.  The guide is super clunky and jumps around, very hard to change channels.   

Message 21 of 58
Contributor

same problem and I have tried everything crap!!!!

Message 22 of 58
Contributor

This solution does not work AT&T is useless when it comes to this.  Customer service is just as clueless,  They make you feel as if it is your systems and when you prove other wise then they are very sorry and "be sure they are working it as fast as they can"  however they do not know the issue since they say it is on your end.  It is the Directv player not working with flash player.  It has never worked on Edge and they do not seem to care, though Microsoft is pushing users to Edge.  We will be left in the dark again.  Come on AT&T think about your customers for once.

Message 23 of 58

DirectTV Now worked flawlessly across a computer or mobile phone via the app. 

I have not been able to stream DirectTV on my computer.  

Using Internet Explorer to watch DTV is crazy. IE is no longer supported and a risk for compromising your system. I have removed it from all my computers.

Adding Flash is equally a bad idea.  Seems DTV is stuck in the past with their satellite service. I wish I would have stayed with DirectTV Now.

Message 24 of 58
Contributor

Agreed!!!!!! no one seems to want to help is is capable of helping. Pay for a service that includes service on various types of medium TV/computer/cell/tablets) but can't get the service. I am furious!!!!!!

Message 25 of 58

This does not solve the issue!!

Message 26 of 58

To give everyone closure in this thread because it seems to be a pretty common problem now and I know you might be itching for a solution.

Lucky for you all, I have one that might resolve the problem, assuming the problem is as follows,

• You have Adobe Flash enabled and have accepted prompts to enable it for the site.
  • You have installed the DirecTV Player/Cisco Video Guard.
  • Attempting to play a show spins before asking you to install the player (even though it's installed)
  • You have noticed in the Developer Console (F12 > Console) that errors related to WebSockets occur after attempting to play something
  • CiscoVideoGuardMonitor.exe is running in Task Manager > Details

Then that means drmlocal.cisco.com wasn't properly defined to loopback into your computer. For the uninitiated, it just means drmlocal.cisco.com wasn't defined to 127.0.0.1, or the computer's special IP that simply points to itself. There's plenty of sites documenting how to do this using the OS's hosts file, and I've even made a post for Windows here, but in the end you should have drmlocal.cisco.com, the domain, pointing to 127.0.0.1

Hopefully after doing all of that, it should suddenly start working.

Message 27 of 58
Contributor

Hello All,

I have had the same problem. Installed the latest flash and installed the video player. Kept getting the message to install again! Did ALL the suggestions from everyone. Tried different browsers, disabled Ad Blocks, went onto Host page & added drmlocal. Nothing worked!!! Still frustrated because I used to be able to watch DTV on my computer. SO today I decided to go into Programs and UNinstall the CiscoVideoGuard. Noticed the date of program was from last year when I was able to watch. Anyway, I Uninstalled, then went back to the DTV page & reinstalled. Logged out of DTV account and closed browser. Openned browser, logged back into DTV account, made sure Flash was set to allow and WOW...it is now allowing me watch! Maybe this will help some of you. I hope so. Good Luck!!!!

Message 28 of 58
Tutor

Sorry - replied to the wrong post... and can't delete.
Message 29 of 58
Tutor

Thanks! This worked for me!

Message 30 of 58
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

If your DIRECTV account has recently moved into myAT&T, let us help you manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T.

Additional Support