Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Re: Re: I cannot watch DirecTV on my computer

Teacher

I cannot watch DirecTV on my computer

I just got DTV yesterday, I cannot watch DirecTV on my computer, but I can on my iPhone. I am in my home network. using chrome I get to the watch live box & nothing happens when I click on the button. In MS edge it had me download flash, and says to install directv player. Downloaded & installed it. I again click on watch live and it says to download & install the player. I have cleared the cach & removed cookies. ??????? I did get it to work with IE, but can't access my DVR.. Experienced the SAME B...S... 3 years ago when I had DTV before. <FIX IT PERIOD> STOP ASKING WHAT BROWSER PEOPLE HAVE!!!!!!!!!!! IT IS ADVERTISED TO WORK WITH ANY BROWSER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Why not ask how Time Warner/Spectrum does it. I was even getting LOCAL Channels & On The Roku For FREE!!!!!!!!!!!

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 67
ACE - Master

@bass_gas wrote:

I found a solution. Tablo's new Quatro 4 tuner DVR ($199/12) and Philo internet ($17/mth). The two combined is $32 a month and works everywhere.... even on my PC!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DirecTV is past is prime and even NOW has just had a major price increase. 

your going to see major price increases to all the streaming services soon

content creators are seeing the money they can get, even as cable/sat subs drop

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anything below the is a signature :
Note: This is a customer to customer forum, I am just a customer. Employees are identified as such.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 46 of 67
Scholar

This problem is not solved. As much as these moderators want you to believe it.

Message 47 of 67
ACE - Master

@vinnywill wrote:

This problem is not solved. As much as these moderators want you to believe it.

if you go to the solution, you will see it was accepted by the original poster

therefore it was solved for that person

if you are having the issue, try that solution, or start a new thread

this one is from 2017

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: This is a customer to customer forum, I am just a customer. Employees are identified as such.
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 48 of 67
Scholar

I have a thread that I started. Three months ago. It's why I'm still here venting. Where's my solution?

Message 49 of 67
ACE - Expert

@vinnywill wrote:

I have a thread that I started. Three months ago. It's why I'm still here venting. Where's my solution?

You've been posting about your unsolved issue in many threads for many months now. 

I think it's safe to conclude that something is wrong with your computer configuration and nobody will likely solve your problem anytime soon. Time to seriously consider changing providers if computer streaming is important for you. No need to let the frustration continue unsolved. 

For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Message 50 of 67
Scholar

I can if I want to.

Message 51 of 67
ACE - Master

maybe if you went to your thread and actually provided some info that would help

no mention of what computer

what browser

32bit?

64bit?

steps you have tried

ect

ect

Message 52 of 67
Contributor

I have called Cust service and they directed me here and after reading the threads I dont find a solution to why I can't watch anything online?!  There is no final box that pops up to show the program.  I have updated Flash etc.  Can SOMEONE PLEASE HELP?! 

Message 53 of 67
Highlighted

I have also spent hours on the phone trouble shooting and was told that they are phasing out adobe flash as of a certain date, but it seems to have already happened.  When I use explorer instead of chrome it says I have to use the same wifi as my receiver.  I am at work and want to watch the news!

Tags (1)
Message 54 of 67
Teacher

Never did help me. Use Tablo for commercial TV… $/mth/ Use Philo for cable $17/mth. Canceled Directv cause they refuse and don’t know how to help the consumer. Keep in mind this is not the ATT of old. This is Southwestern Bell who took the ATT name.

Message 55 of 67
Scholar

You will get no help from customer service. I have placed another emergency ticket today for the seventh month. I don't expect any solution, if enough people drop the service they might start caring.

Message 56 of 67

I filed an FCC complaint and it got fixed

Message 57 of 67
Tutor

Thank you. Somewhere to start.
Message 58 of 67
Contributor

I have a Roku on my travels and every time I try to watch any of DTV channels it does not recognize my user I’d and password.  When I select fox news for instance and I try to login to my provider DTV doesn’t recognize me.  I have been on phones for hours.  Talked to multiple techs and service agents and was even told I need a separate password for each app.  And told to even get a new email for this problem.  Never had an issue until I linked my accounts now I cannot watch anything on the road.  I can log in to my phone DTV app but can’t on a network in hotel to watch on a tv.  After a month of this it’s getting very frustrating and becoming a disappointment after many years of AT&T now nothing but frustration since linking accounts.  

Message 59 of 67
Contributor

Local stations are not available when you're away from home and not logged into your home internet.

Message 60 of 67
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

If your DIRECTV account has recently moved into myAT&T, let us help you manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T.

Additional Support