Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Re: Re: I cannot watch DirecTV on my computer

Teacher

I cannot watch DirecTV on my computer

I just got DTV yesterday, I cannot watch DirecTV on my computer, but I can on my iPhone. I am in my home network. using chrome I get to the watch live box & nothing happens when I click on the button. In MS edge it had me download flash, and says to install directv player. Downloaded & installed it. I again click on watch live and it says to download & install the player. I have cleared the cach & removed cookies. ??????? I did get it to work with IE, but can't access my DVR.. Experienced the SAME B...S... 3 years ago when I had DTV before. <FIX IT PERIOD> STOP ASKING WHAT BROWSER PEOPLE HAVE!!!!!!!!!!! IT IS ADVERTISED TO WORK WITH ANY BROWSER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Why not ask how Time Warner/Spectrum does it. I was even getting LOCAL Channels & On The Roku For FREE!!!!!!!!!!!

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 67
Contributor

Completely agree with this! Comcast XFinity is a WONDERFUL and modern bug free system. DTV has bugs everywhere, it feels like a 1990s system. To make matters worse they don't even have NBC available in southern Utah!!!! Smiley Sad Now I'm stuck without the ability to watch 20 of my favorite shows. ... they blame local broadcasting and wont do a dam (nice spelling) thing about it nor will they comp us or let us out of the contracts in any way. DTV was the mistake I never saw coming. BEWARE

Message 31 of 67
ACE - Master

@LetDownByDTV wrote:

Completely agree with this! Comcast XFinity is a WONDERFUL and modern bug free system. DTV has bugs everywhere, it feels like a 1990s system. To make matters worse they don't even have NBC available in southern Utah!!!! Smiley Sad Now I'm stuck without the ability to watch 20 of my favorite shows. ... they blame local broadcasting and wont do a dam (nice spelling) thing about it nor will they comp us or let us out of the contracts in any way. DTV was the mistake I never saw coming. BEWARE

no provider is immune from disputes

you can get the local station for free with an antenna, yet they keep charging directv more, who in turn has to charge you more.

call the local and ask them if they are reimbursing advertisers for lack of viewers

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anything below the is a signature :
Note: This is a customer to customer forum, I am just a customer. Employees are identified as such.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 32 of 67
Highlighted
Tutor

SOLVED, FINALLY: Sorry, we ran into a problem. Please restart the video player.

The player is not available for public download so to pull this off I had to use two browsers, IE and Chrome.

I used IE to download the program. When running the Direct TV in Internet Explorer it just keeps telling me over and over to install the player. If you click "RUN" the browser installs the player automatically. Reload the page, and same crap please install the player.

SO, don't click "RUN." Select download to computer. Open the file location and find the file CiscoVideoGuard.6.8.exe. RIGHT click OPEN as Administrator. and Install.

Go back to Chrome and refresh. Video Player works! IE keeps telling me to install the software even after installing as Administrator, lol! But, at least one browser WORKS!! WOOOO HOOO! 2yrs I have been battling this player and today I kicked BUTT!

Message 33 of 67
Teacher

I was so hoping that Warbud's solution would work for me but it doesn't.

ATT/DIRECT TV: I have wasted hours and hours over this issue and your support people have not helped. YOU KNOW this is an issue yet none of the support people I've had the misfortune to work with seem to know about it. WHY IS THAT?!   This is not the first time that ATT/DVT support has hung me out to dry and I am tired or it. I want this fixed NOW or I'm cancelling every single one of my ATT/DVT services.!

Message 34 of 67
Tutor

For Google Chrome Browsers, by default when you install flashplayer it sets your setting to ask you to allow the player for each web page that uses it, also after you install it you must close your browser and reopen it to make it load into the browser.

Once you do that assuming you are trying to play direct tv or any other website that uses flasplayer. In the browser there is a lock next to the address in the address bar, click on it and go to site settings. find flashplayer and it will be set to ask by default, set it to allow and close the window, then every time from then on when you go to the directv website or any other website that uses it to watch video, it will work

Message 35 of 67
Contributor

Ditto. Long time customer and support is no help. I received similar answers. Have seen several responses saying try these links but does not display any. Very annoyed! The app worked fine for me until ATT took things over.

Message 36 of 67
Teacher

Somewhere it said solved. What a crock, Every time I bring it up on computer I have to go thru a litany of operations. First it was FLASH. I learned to "allow" flash right off the bat. Then its "you must be on the same network as Directv". I only have one network. Then its "load the Directv player". This has been done at least 20 times.

Today I have a brand spanking new, just out of the box, HP Gaming laptop. Opened Chrome same problems. Open Edge same problems. 

My Nexus 10 and Samsung s6+ have no problems. SO why do the computers not work??????????

Message 37 of 67
Scholar

I've had this problem for a month now, customer service is a misnomer with att. Their motto is "Just be quiet and pay the bill."

Message 38 of 67
Teacher

Philo works great for $16. That and new generation Tablo 4 tuner dvr (coming out in March) will get you off ATT billing and off the non-working non-support of the former and now the new owner of DTV. Audios muchacho! (spelling)

Message 39 of 67
Former Employee

@davlin168  

because they will probable ask you other stuff with your computer, even personal information, that I believe you dont want to share here

Message 40 of 67
ACE - Expert

@Sinthinyl wrote:

@davlin168  

because they will probable ask you other stuff with your computer, even personal information, that I believe you dont want to share here

Hopefully he finally understood that back in 2017 when he asked that question. But some people might have a similar question.

But yes private message to get more information is because it might result in discuss information personal to your account, even possibly seeing if there is an issue server-side that only affects customers on an account by account basis. So that would not be sharing a solution, but getting more info to find a solution that might not work for everybody.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 41 of 67
Tutor

Didn't help. Nothing I have tried helps

Message 42 of 67
Teacher

I have a suggestion. Try Philo. Works great on everything. $17/mth. No more bull from ATT(DirecTv).

Message 43 of 67
Scholar

Why do customers have these problems for months after contacting customer service? where is the urgency to placate the customer? Even this board is just a venting operation for customers. Corporate shows little interest on working on their issues.

Message 44 of 67
Teacher

I found a solution. Tablo's new Quatro 4 tuner DVR ($199/12) and Philo internet ($17/mth). The two combined is $32 a month and works everywhere.... even on my PC!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DirecTV is past is prime and even NOW has just had a major price increase. 

Message 45 of 67
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

If your DIRECTV account has recently moved into myAT&T, let us help you manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T.

Additional Support