Explore & discover

Helpful Links

How to delete purchases and history

Contributor

How to delete purchases and history

How do you delete history and purchases from showing up on on the history and purchases section of manage recordings. Like to watch adult movies but don't want kids  finding these purchases

Message 1 of 22
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by wookie1
‎02-07-2017 8:29 AM

Re: How to delete purchases and history

You can't delete them.  They scroll away as new entries get added.  It's for your protection so that you can verify if someone ordered something without your permission.  

For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 22
Contributor

Thanks for the reply. So much for a parents privacy. Directv needs to really rethink this policy or create an out for parental privacy. Well until something is changed there will be no more ordering. Thanks

Message 3 of 22
Contributor

With everything we can do to our accounts online, from your phone or tablet.  It doesn't make sense that we cannot delete purchases from our history.  You can pay your bill, change programming, delete recorded history, watch on the go, get news.  but, if you want purchase history deleted you cannot do it.  Go figure.

Message 4 of 22
ACE - Expert

@Runamuk, I think they designed it this way on purpose to prevent someone from hiding purchases by deleting the Purchase History.  Also, some of the recent purchases are actually stored on the access card so that DirecTV can bill for those if the customer had disconnected their equipment from the internet or phone line.  

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 5 of 22
Contributor

This is ridiculous, there must be a way or a back door method. My kids don't need to see what I purchase. I can see purchases on my bill, don't need it stored forever on my tv..
Message 6 of 22
ACE - Expert

@Tiredoftvtricks, put the shoe on the other foot.  Would you want your kids to order something, then delete it from the History, so that you never knew about it?

Message 7 of 22
Contributor

I would see it on the bill that they don't see or pay!
Message 8 of 22
Contributor

Wouldn't matter it would still show up on the bill.

Message 9 of 22
Contributor

I will see it on the bill.  Could there be an option when choosing an on demand show to not show it in history and a parental password used to use that option?  That way children couldn't do it without the parental control password.

Message 10 of 22
Contributor

DirecT TV- Build an option when going to on-demand programs that would allow a checkbox or something like that, that has an option to "not show/appear on recordings history.  The parental control password could be used so children could not click that option.

Message 11 of 22
Tutor

It was on Showtime and it was a documentary on adult films. I did not purchase nor record. It is showing up in my record history and I can not delete it.

Message 12 of 22
ACE - Expert

@RT3131 wrote:

It was on Showtime and it was a documentary on adult films. I did not purchase nor record. It is showing up in my record history and I can not delete it.

There's no way to delete it. 

Message 13 of 22
Tutor

No worries just wondering why it went to my recording history without recording it. I turned after the first five min not good at all.

Message 14 of 22
ACE - Master

if its on the record history someone recorded it

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anything below the is a signature :
Note: This is a customer to customer forum, I am just a customer. Employees are identified as such.
Message 15 of 22
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

If your DIRECTV account has recently moved into myAT&T, let us help you manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T.

Additional Support