Helpful Links

How to Troubleshoot DIRECTV Everywhere

Highlighted
Community Support

How to Troubleshoot DIRECTV Everywhere

dtveverywheretroubleshoot.jpg

Not able to login to DIRECTV Everywhere app? Can’t stream from NFL SUNDAY TICKET, HBO or ESPN? Were you able to stream but now you can’t? Not to worry! We have some recommendations that may get you back to streaming your favorite show!

1. Reset your password. Please do not use any special characters.
  2. Reset the device.
  3. Delete cache and cookies. Varies on phone, browser or device operating system.
  4. Test on another device
  5. Uninstall and reinstall the app. (You will lose recordings)
  6. Verify you have the latest software on your phone, tablet, and browser.
  7. Restore your phone. You may lose data such as pictures when performing this. Make sure you back it up. 
  8. Make sure you have the right package! 

If you have never signed into DIRECTV.com, you will need to create a Member ID to view content. Check out this helpful article for details on how to create one.

• Here is a list of channels available to Livestream.
  • Are you getting a specific error? Check out what they mean here
  • Need some help streaming Live TV? Click here

If you have AT&T Internet service, you will still need to create a Member ID to view DIRECTV content. The AT&T Email you created will not work unless you set it up as mentioned in the link above.

If the steps above do not help resolve the trouble you are having, we recommended chatting with us to look into this further. 

More info on the DIRECTV Everywhere features.

-ATTDIRECTVCare

Need more help?

Visit our Help Center, for answers to your questions and to troubleshoot issues with our step-by-step guides. For more assistance, send a brief message to ATTDIRECTVCare . Be sure to include your account number, name, and contact number.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 1 of 12
Community Support

Re: How to Troubleshoot DIRECTV Everywhere

If you are noticing issues with buffering or streaming quality, check out this thread for more information about Troubleshooting your Streaming Applications.

If you have issues logging in, or are getting error messages, please send a message to us by clicking here. Be sure to include your name, account number, phone number, and the best time to reach you. We will get back to you as soon as possible. 

-ATTDIRECTVCare

Need more help?

Visit our Help Center, for answers to your questions and to troubleshoot issues with our step-by-step guides. For more assistance, send a brief message to ATTDIRECTVCare . Be sure to include your account number, name, and contact number.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 12
Employee

should I be able to see all of the channels on the "Live Streaming" section of the Directv app? currently i can only see one local channel availble to watch via live stream.

Employee Contributor*
Message 3 of 12
Contributor

I have Direct tv through Centrury link but was informed that I can use it on my cell phone. I havecontacted Direct tv and they told me to go on www.direct tv.com/start watching. this site did not help.  I really would like to watch it on my cell phone.I have been trying since I starting using direct tv. I really need help. My phone is [edited for privacy – please do not post personal information]

Message 4 of 12
Contributor

App is working now.

Thanks for the help.

Message 5 of 12
Teacher

Trouble watch MLB package with iPad.

Up until a few days ago I was able to watch all the MLB games on my iPad. I have a paid subscription. Now whenever I try to turn a game on I get this dialog. "We ran into a bit of a problem. Looks like your receiver is in use or you're already streaming on another device." Nothing else is being streamed on any other device. Is there a solution?

I have an HR54-500, HR24-500 and a mini Genie.

Thank you,

Bob

Message 6 of 12
Teacher

Trouble watching MLB package with iPad.

Up until a few days ago I was able to watch all the MLB games on my iPad. I have a paid subscription. Now whenever I try to turn a game on I get this dialog. "We ran into a bit of a problem. Looks like your receiver is in use or you're already streaming on another device." Nothing else is being streamed on any other device. Is there a solution?

I have an HR54-500, HR24-500 and a mini Genie.

Thank you,

Bob

Message 7 of 12
Contributor

HBO

I pay for HBO with direct TV. Why can't I authenticate with HBO go?
Message 8 of 12
Community Support

Re: Trouble watching MLB package with iPad.

Hi @shizam76,

Check out this article. It has some troubleshooting steps that may help.

-ATTDIRECTVCare

Need more help?

Employee Contributor*
Message 9 of 12
Teacher

Thanks for the link. I read through all the trouble shooting questions before I wrote my question here.

True I can get most of the games on MLB.com and it looks like now that will be my only option. Whereas before I could use either, now only the MLB.com app works since the Directv App won't work.

Before if a team was blocked out on one of the Extra Inning subscription games and was on ESPN I could stream it on the Directv app, not with the MLB.com app. And now, not with the Directv app anymore either.

Message 10 of 12
Community Support

Hi @Jmybufet,

This article has troubleshooting information that may help resolve your DIRECTV app concerns. 

-ATTDIRECTVCare

Need more help?

Employee Contributor*
Message 11 of 12
Contributor

I have directv and a kindle fire hd 3rd gen.  In the past I had no trouble with the app.  Then, I stopped being able to access my dvr, but could still stream live tv on my kindle.  Reading your article on trouble shooting, I decided to reset my kindle to factory settings to see if it would work again.  After resetting my kindle and downloading the app again, I can't even get the app to open now!! Smiley Sad  ideas???

Message 12 of 12
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the Watching DIRECTV Forum! Need to troubleshoot your service? Need to see some of the products we offer? Wondering how to take your DVR with you? Click below!

Additional Support