Explore & discover

Helpful Links

How long will it take for us to have our local CBS TV channels back?

Mentor

How long will it take for us to have our local CBS TV channels back?

How long will it take for us to have our local CBS TV channels back? It has been much too long without them.

Tags (2)
Message 14 of 1,213
Tutor

Re: CBS

If it's not restored within 24 hrs I'm calling to cancel. This is not acceptable. Are they going to reduce our fees because we no longer get one of the most popular stations. I'm betting not. Unacceptable! Everyone should call and complain.

Message 121 of 1,213
Contributor

CBS removed from U-verse line-up

What discount will be applied to my U-verse billing while CBS programming is unavailable?  All local channels were promised as part of the program package I signed up for.

Message 122 of 1,213

Why didn’t Dirtect accept the CBS offer of a 30 day extension?

I’m tiered of losing something I pay for.  I want credit for the inconvenience before you jack up our rates again for your failure to negotiate.

How many times do we have to suffer through Directs inability to negotiate?

P.S.  I received NO notice of shutting out CBS.  Nor was there a scroll on the subject.

Get your hands out of our pockets and fix this!

Message 123 of 1,213

If I were as incompetent as Direct, I’d be fired!

Message 124 of 1,213
ACE - Expert

@derekmg wrote:

If it's not restored within 24 hrs I'm calling to cancel. This is not acceptable. Are they going to reduce our fees because we no longer get one of the most popular stations. I'm betting not. Unacceptable! Everyone should call and complain.

Call and ask for a credit .... 1 800 531 5000

Realize that the corporation that owns the stations pulled your channel, not DirecTV. This is an all too common negotiating tactic used by these corporations to extort more money from TV service providers.  None are immune, so even switching providers won't help.

You will need to use an off-air antenna until they allow DirecTV to provide them again. If you can receive the station with an off-air antenna, this is a good time to request DirecTV’s Local Channel Connector (if you have HR44/HR54). It’s free. And some folks are getting a credit on their account, too. Call DirecTV …. 1 800 531 5000 

You'll also want to contact the corporation that owns these stations. Request that they allow DirecTV to continue carrying them while negotiations continue. And ask them why providers like Dish, DirecTV and Comcast must pay them anything when they get to use our public airwaves for FREE?!?  After all, these service providers increase their overall viewership and advertising revenue.  They're shooting themselves in the foot!

The FCC and Congress could easily fix this. Just allow service providers to deliver an out-of-area station when local stations get greedy. But I fear that the broadcast TV lobby is too powerful to ever let that happen.

Keep up on the latest updates at https://tvpromise.att.com/

For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 125 of 1,213
ACE - Expert

Re: Reduced services

Folks complain when local station owners pull their channels from providers like DirecTV demanding more money.
And folks complain that their subscription rates are too high.
So what are service providers like Dish, Comcast and DirecTV to do?

Here's a suggestion. File a complaint with the FCC. Ask that the FCC allow service providers to deliver another network station instead. That would stop this BS in a heartbeat. After all, these corporations get to use our public airwaves for FREE!

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 126 of 1,213
Contributor

CBS

Will CBS return to the U verse lineup?

Message 127 of 1,213
ACE - Expert

Re: Cbs

@333cowgirl wrote:

Why raise my price every year and not keep most popular network channel????!!!!!!!?????

Folks complain when local station owners pull their channels from providers like DirecTV demanding more money.

Here's a suggestion. File a complaint with the FCC. Ask that the FCC allow service providers to deliver another network station instead. That would stop this BS in a heartbeat. After all, these corporations get to use our public airwaves for FREE!

Message 128 of 1,213
ACE - Expert

Re: Why didn’t Direct TV take the 30 day extension from CBS.

Because that "extension" came with too many strings attached. Folks complain when local station owners pull their channels from providers like DirecTV demanding more money.

Message 129 of 1,213
ACE - Expert

Re: CBS REMOVED

Message 130 of 1,213
ACE - Master

Re: CBS Sports Network & The Smithsonian Channel Have Been Removed From DIRECTV, DIRECTV NOW, &a

Yep. There's a lively discussion on the CCN site.

You can subscribe to the Smithsonian Channel directly, maybe that's what DTVN wants us to do?

But the live channel has commercials. :-(

You can get most of the Smithsonian material VOD from Hulu, without commercials if you wish.

Message 131 of 1,213
Tutor

I'm buying a service from DirecTV/AT&T. If the service I'm buying is impacted, the service provider - the one I'm paying - is responsible IMO. Not CBS. Yes, I get that CBS is demanding more money, maybe too much, as well as promoting their own All Access channel. So what. That's just competition. If AT&T wants me to give them my hard earned money then AT&T needs to provide a service that I'm willing to pay for! When channels are removed, for whatever reason, we need to hold the service we're paying accountable, and in turn they need to hold the providers they are paying accountable. I was already on the verge of cancelling DirecTV. This maybe the push I needed!! You can say it's because of CBS, or the FCC, but I get to choose who I pay my money too at the end of the day! 

Message 132 of 1,213
ACE - Expert

@derekmg wrote:

I'm buying a service from DirecTV/AT&T. If the service I'm buying is impacted, the service provider - the one I'm paying - is responsible IMO. Not CBS. Yes, I get that CBS is demanding more money, maybe too much, as well as promoting their own All Access channel. So what. That's just competition. If AT&T wants me to give them my hard earned money then AT&T needs to provide a service that I'm willing to pay for! When channels are removed, for whatever reason, we need to hold the service we're paying accountable, and in turn they need to hold the providers they are paying accountable. I was already on the verge of cancelling DirecTV. This maybe the push I needed!! You can say it's because of CBS, or the FCC, but I get to choose who I pay my money too at the end of the day! 

So you're OK with providers like Dish, DirecTV and Comcast just caving into greedy network owner demands?  No thank you!  We're already paying too much for channels that fewer and fewer people are watching.  So feel free to cancel.  And then cancel again when you're new provider goes through the same BS.  This madness needs to end.  Congress and the FCC could easily fix this .... Just let TV providers deliver another channel instead. 

Message 133 of 1,213
Contributor

Local channel access

I am getting more frustrated with Direct TV Now service since my local news and weather options are disappearing. PLEASE bring back NBC and CBS immediately! 

Your loyal customers depend on these resources for local alerts and news not to mention f@vorite television shows.

I hate the thought of going back to Spectrum but I see no alternative unless you give us back access to local channels that we prefer.

Message 134 of 1,213
ACE - Expert

Re: Local channel access

You are only communicating with other subscribers here in a public forum. there are no support personnel located here. I would suggest you use the Feedback tab located on all the pages in the Help Center to voice your concern and opinion. 

Message 135 of 1,213
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

If your DIRECTV account has recently moved into myAT&T, let us help you manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T.

Additional Support