Explore & discover

Helpful Links

How long will it take for us to have our local CBS TV channels back?

Mentor

How long will it take for us to have our local CBS TV channels back?

How long will it take for us to have our local CBS TV channels back? It has been much too long without them.

Tags (2)
Message 14 of 1,213
ACE - Expert

Re: Reduced services

@Annoid wrote:
CBS says it’s AT&T who won’t negotiate in good faith. Same issue as with Comcast stations.

Of course CBS says that. The station owners who resort to pulling their channels always say that. Both sides always try to make the other side the bad guy. I guess you just need to ask yourself who you believe. 

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 106 of 1,213

Re: CBS REMOVED

CBC and KNTV Removed!

Yes both CBS and KNTV have been removed from my programming too.  However, as with many things there's two sides to a story and the answer and what ATT is putting out isn't entirely true.  It seems ATT is the only hold-out in the contract to broadcast the dropped channels, so the network isn't sending them the programming signal.  Now ATT says they're doing it to "help our customers keep the pricing down" but I believe that ATT has raised their pricing so much lately the market won't stand another increase due to a fair market increase from these two affiliates.  I've been a loyal Directv customer for 25 years and have never had such terrible customer service and constant price increases since ATT took over.  If this continues its time to look elsewhere...

Message 107 of 1,213
Contributor

No CBS

You have until Monday the 24th to resume CBS in the Dallas area. Otherwise I will have to switch to Spectrum. It gets more choices for a lot less money. And U-verse keeps raising the price by adding multiple fees

Message 108 of 1,213
Contributor

Cbs

Direct tv raises my payment every year,  yet you can't keep most popular channels on your system!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 109 of 1,213
Contributor

CBS

Reinstall CBS

Message 110 of 1,213
Contributor

Cbs

Why raise my price every year and not keep most popular network channel????!!!!!!!?????

Message 111 of 1,213
ACE - Professor

Re: Why have I lost CBS

U-Verse is not limiting options. The channel owner (Nexstar) has pulled the channel due to not being paid a king's ransom for a free TV channel.

What will you do when a different provider charges more for that same channel or a different channel owner yanks their channels?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 112 of 1,213

Why didn’t Direct TV take the 30 day extension from CBS.

Now I’m without CBS because an agreement wasn’t reached.  Interesting since I’m a customer and my money covers a service I’m not receiving.  Do I get prorated credit for not getting everything I’m paying for?  

Message 113 of 1,213
Contributor

Seriously? No CBS on the 50th Anniversary of the moon landing? My wife has been trying to get me to change providers for awhile, but my point has been that u-verse has the channels that I like. But no CBS? Today? Blame CBS all you want, but I pay you & you failed to work this out. On a day where the plan was to run CBS all weekend & see what old moon landing coverage popped up. Time to move on.

Message 114 of 1,213
Guru

Re: CBS

If these trash bags continue “fighting for you” their won’t be any channels left to watch.

Message 115 of 1,213
Teacher

You're right, who to believe?

Since April, ATT has

refused to come to an agreement with the NFL Network;

Nexstar (losing 2 of our local stations);

and now CBS in major markets.

Not including a bunch of smaller content providers.

But it is always the other company's fault.

Well, when a person has been divorced 3-4 times and always blames the spouse, I begin to question the person who is always getting divorced.

Message 116 of 1,213
Guru

“This is just the latest example in AT&T’s long and clear track record of letting its consumers pay the price for its aggressive tactics to get programmers to accept below market terms,” CBS continued. “Over the last few months alone, many of AT&T’s negotiations have resulted in carriage disputes, blackouts and popular channels being removed from their services – including its current dispute with Nexstar involving 120 stations nationwide.”

Message 117 of 1,213
Tutor

I'm a subscriber and I don't care who is to blame for the loss of CBS TV programming. AT&T/Direct TV has no problem taking my money therefore I would expect them to resolve this problem in the interest of their subscribers.

If this situation continues I would not hesitate in cancelling my Direct TV service and changing my cell phone service to Verizon.

Message 118 of 1,213
Guru

“Blame CBS all you want, but I pay you & you failed to work this out.”

Exactly. The day I blame the stations is the day I write the checks to them. U-verse has dropped 6 channels in the past several months. It doesn’t take a genius to figure out this is all on them.

Message 119 of 1,213
ACE - Professor

Should AT&T give in to Nexstar's demands of 130% more than what they've been paying, thus raising their fees even higher, or should AT&T say "Enough is enough" especially when U-Verse customers can get those same channels for free?

Now consider that broadcast ratings have been falling for years, but Nexstar (and other companies) want to increase carriage fees to make up for loss of advertising revenue.

Message 120 of 1,213
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

If your DIRECTV account has recently moved into myAT&T, let us help you manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T.

Additional Support