Explore & discover

Helpful Links

How long will it take for us to have our local CBS TV channels back?

Mentor

How long will it take for us to have our local CBS TV channels back?

How long will it take for us to have our local CBS TV channels back? It has been much too long without them.

Tags (2)
Message 14 of 1,213

Re: How long

I said they are crediting my account for $15 a month which is more than
enough to subscribe to the CBS app. You have to contact them through the
chat feature of your online account.
Message 1171 of 1,213
ACE - Expert

@Lablady2 wrote:
Well I’m glad you aren’t in any hurry for CBS to return. That is you. That is not me. I want a lower cost but why aren’t we compensated something until it returns? That would sting a little less.
They knew their contracts were about to expire. The talks should have started 6 months before the expiration date for a seamless transition . I don’t pretend to know how they do business,
I just know how my company does business and this isn’t it.

Naturally negotiations would have started before the current once completed. That is just standard business. The issue is that a new agreement was not reached by the time the current one ended. At that point Nexstar could pull the channel without any violation until an agreement is reached. So pulling the channel does not mean negotiations weren't going on for months, only that a new one wasn't agreed upon by the time the current one expired. That's all there is to it.

Lets say including locals you have about 190 channels with package (the part of the bill for the channels, not receiver services or TV fees) is $88. Averaged out, that would come less than $1 for each channel. Sure some channels are less, some are more, but an individual's cost for a single channel is low. However if you call DirecTV you may get a courtesy credit between $5 and $15 as others have experienced, or find that regardless of the negotiations your account my qualify for a discount that is much better than a courtesy credit. So call and ask and see what 'might' be available.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 1172 of 1,213
Tutor

Re: Very disappointing about ATT cutting us off from CBS on New Years day!

I agree...this has been going on too long.  Both sides need to negotiate and get a deal done NOW!!!!

Message 1173 of 1,213
Tutor

Re: Discouraged

Does this mean that the Nexstar owned CBS stations will be returning to DirecTV?   I live in Las Vegas, and the local CBS station is still off the air.

Message 1174 of 1,213
ACE - Expert

@DTJP83 wrote:

Does this mean that the Nexstar owned CBS stations will be returning to DirecTV?   I live in Las Vegas, and the local CBS station is still off the air.

No. The recent agreement with CBS only applies to stations that CBS directly owns. NexStar is a different owner and negotiations are still underway. 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 1175 of 1,213
Teacher

Well here it is August11th and still no CBS local chanel. Koin 6 out of Portland Oregon. So you call DirecTV and they tell you, you will have your CBS Chanel back by the 9th of August, hum. Well it came and went so you call again and your told to please wait a few more days, like till Monday the 12th, hum again. Now I go on this form and find out from others that if your local is owned by Nextstar, they haven't made a deal with DirecTV yet. I do not know about anyone else but I have just about had it. Everyone that has DirecTV that their local CBS Chanel and are not owned by Next star has their local back on since August 8th.  HOW ABOUT THAT!

Message 1176 of 1,213
ACE - Expert

Nexstar Media Group is a local affiliate of some networks, such as CBS. This negotiation is still going, so Nexstar owned stations are not back.

CBS owns some local stations directly, as well as the Smithsonian Channel. DirecTV reached an agreement with CBS so the stations they directly own are back. Remember this does not apply to stations owned by a local affiliate, such as Nexstar.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
Message 1177 of 1,213
Tutor

I agree ...this has gone on way too long.  We live in Las Vegas and Nexstar and the local CBS station has been off the air since the beginning of July...over a month now.  We like DirecTV, but it is very disappointing that they can't reach a deal to bring our local CBS station back.

Message 1178 of 1,213
Tutor

Me2

Message 1179 of 1,213
Contributor

no WNCN...local station

All over the news on August 8, 2019 that AT&T had reached agreement.  Website tvpromise.com states that this tv station has been restored.  It has not.  Customer service agent knew nothing about when channel will be restored.  It is still blacked out as of today, August 13.  Bill has not been adjusted to reflect no access to WNCN.  This is just sorry customer service!

Message 1180 of 1,213
Tutor

CBS

I've heard that Att made a deal with CBS. When will I be getting CBS back in Watseka, Illinois?

Message 1181 of 1,213
ACE - Expert

Re: CBS

The deal only applies to CBS-owned stations. Directv is still in dispute with Nexstar who I assume owns your local CBS station, which would be why you don't have CBS back

Message 1182 of 1,213
Contributor

Lost channel cbs

When will we get our channel CBS BACK.

Im moving satillite companies 

Message 1183 of 1,213
ACE - Expert

Re: Lost channel cbs

@Jerri1960 wrote:

When will we get our channel CBS BACK.

Im moving satillite companies 

Sure, you could switch to Dish Network. But that won't help. All providers go through these annoying contract disputes. In fact Dish has worse track record than DirecTV. 

The only sure way to get that channel back is with an old-fashioned off-air antenna so you can receive it for FREE.

Message 1184 of 1,213
Tutor

I, too, plan on cancelling my account and going to streaming services such as Roku. CBS has been blacked out for about 6 weeks now. CBS was my most watched channel and this not acceptable. We are ATT customers, not customers of Nexstar!! WE ARE FED UP, AT&T! THIS IS UNFAIR TO YOUR CUSTOMERS!

Message 1185 of 1,213
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

If your DIRECTV account has recently moved into myAT&T, let us help you manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T.

Additional Support