Explore & discover

Helpful Links

How long will it take for us to have our local CBS TV channels back?

Mentor

How long will it take for us to have our local CBS TV channels back?

How long will it take for us to have our local CBS TV channels back? It has been much too long without them.

Tags (2)
Message 14 of 1,213
Contributor

Re: Reduced services

CBS says it’s AT&T who won’t negotiate in good faith. Same issue as with Comcast stations.
Message 91 of 1,213
Tutor

Re: CBS

We are switching to comcast today as soon as the lines are open. Direct tv has crossed the line this time. 

Message 92 of 1,213
Tutor

At&t has decided to abandon several million faithful direct tv customers over pure greed. Since they took over, the service has gone completely down hill. They keep raising the prices and now removing a major network that people rely on for local news and important programming. They are trying to force us into paying for a cbs app and subscribe none the less for another monthly fee. The greed has got to stop now. So they drop the network and think they will not be losing thousands of customers today when the phone lines are open. Well AT&t i think you just screwed yourselves. We will be canceling your services in all this morning. That goes for all tv and telephone services and we have 4 phones on our plan. Thats $350 extra that you will not be collecting any further from this faithful household. Screw me once and i do not give you a second chance. You can give me everything free now and i will not accept. Its a matter of principle at this point, not the money. 

Message 93 of 1,213
ACE - Expert

Re: Reduced services

What would DTV gain by withholding the channel and angering their customers?  Why doesn't CBS return the feed while they talk?

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 94 of 1,213
Tutor

CBS REMOVED

Why in the world after 20+ years of being a good customer to Direct TV do I get up Saturday morning find that CBS has been removed from my lineup, with the alternative to watch some programming on CBS.com or buy another subscription for CBS all access app, time to cancel direct TV?

Message 95 of 1,213
Contributor

Direct TV Now Channels

Will be ending my account if I have no local channels!!! You've taken away ABC and now CBS. I've been happy so far with service, but if you can't resolve this - I'm done!

Message 96 of 1,213
Contributor

Cbs

Does Comcast carry cbs ? And what is their phone number?

Message 97 of 1,213
Teacher

Re: Frustrated Viewer - Nexstar Broadcasting

Exactly we shouldn’t have to buy more things because they couldn’t reach a deal when we already pay a lot. 

Message 98 of 1,213
Teacher

No CBS

I am so mad that CBS was lost. So now I either pay to watch it on their app or buy a antenna. I pay plenty for U-verse and want to be able to watch my favorite shows. Way to go AT&T I have been a long and loyal customer for a long time and lately we have been having more outages. Guess I will be looking at other companies for cable. 

Message 99 of 1,213
ACE - Expert

Re: Direct TV Now Channels

Good luck in your new adventure. All the services go thru these types of issues. Even PS Vue is in the process of losing some channels. If possible you should use an antenna but not all are able. Just remember we all have options and can move freely. Personally I want locals but not willing to pay for the increase that will result from the negotiations. Be prepared.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 100 of 1,213
ACE - Expert

CBS Sports Network & The Smithsonian Channel Have Been Removed From DIRECTV, DIRECTV NOW, & U-verse

Message 101 of 1,213
Contributor

I read about the problems ATT/Direct TV is having with CBS.  IF it is true, I think we need federal legislation to stop these programmers from utilizing hostage tactics for higher fees from ATT/Direct TV which they, in turn, pass on to us, the consumers.  I was disgusted when I tried to tune into the Smithsonian Channel at 3am this morning and got the message that CBS has halted the channel.  I was willing to pay the extra $12.95 per month for this channel as well as some others when Direct TV offered this bundle free for 3 months.  I really enjoy the Smithsonian programming and I rely more heavily on TV since I became disabled and am a retired widow.  I was worried that Direct TV service would be diminished once ATT took over and it appears my fears were warranted,  It's ultimately the poor consumer who pays the price when these giant companies play games.  Maybe Congressional intervention is necessary for the protection of the consuming public.

Message 102 of 1,213

Why have I lost CBS

I am very frustrated.  I have been a U-verse customer for years and one reason is that I can watch all of favorite stations which included CBS.  If that is changing, I guess it is time for me to drop U-verse  and go to another provider.  The cost is becoming extremely too expensive and now you are limiting the channels.   I am done and looking for other options.

Good bye.

Message 103 of 1,213
ACE - Expert

Re: CBS REMOVED

Directv did not remove that channel, CBS did. You can see why here: https://tvpromise.att.com

Message 104 of 1,213
Tutor

Re: CBS REMOVED

I agree! Time to cancel my service with Direct TV! No CBS, no customer. 

Message 105 of 1,213
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

If your DIRECTV account has recently moved into myAT&T, let us help you manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T.

Additional Support