Explore & discover

Helpful Links

How long will it take for us to have our local CBS TV channels back?

Mentor

How long will it take for us to have our local CBS TV channels back?

How long will it take for us to have our local CBS TV channels back? It has been much too long without them.

Tags (2)
Message 14 of 1,213
Tutor

Programing

With so many viewing customers how in the world can you even think of getting rid of CBS, one of you most popular program stations?  I know that if you cut CBS from your program line-up, I will be just one of many, I'm sure who will no longer continue having Direct TV. Do you really believe that you can deny people from viewing some of the most important programing on any Satellite Television?  Let me tell you what l along with many others that I've talked to say, about not only this programing problem, but about AT&T in general. People really don't care for you AT&T, but now that you've got your hooks into our Direct TV programing, what can be done except to find another TV Provider. I had Direct Television long before AT&T got into the picture, and when they did everything changed. What is all this stuff about a contract not being settled? For goodness sakes AT&T, don't you get enough money, with all of the things you're into, and have taken over from other companies?  Have a heart and let us keep our station, you won't go bankrupt I'm sure! And as for you Direct TV, you should think about how to really solve this squabble between you and your partner AT&T. Do you really want to lose viewing customers?  You had CBS before you got involved with AT&T. so it must be because of them that you feel you must discontinue it.  Please get it right and settle this issue because I'm sure you will lose lots of viewers if you cut CBS. Why don't you cut another station? Oh, because AT&T are getting all the money they want from them, right!  Well, they will lose a little more money from you, but you will lose viewers, so neither of you will win much in the end.  Sincerely, an angry viewer! 

Message 61 of 1,213
ACE - Expert

Re: Programing

@whatisit wrote:

With so many viewing customers how in the world can you even think of getting rid of CBS, one of you most popular program stations?  I know that if you cut CBS from your program line-up, I will be just one of many, I'm sure who will no longer continue having Direct TV. Do you really believe that you can deny people from viewing some of the most important programing on any Satellite Television?  Let me tell you what l along with many others that I've talked to say, about not only this programing problem, but about AT&T in general. People really don't care for you AT&T, but now that you've got your hooks into our Direct TV programing, what can be done except to find another TV Provider. I had Direct Television long before AT&T got into the picture, and when they did everything changed. What is all this stuff about a contract not being settled? For goodness sakes AT&T, don't you get enough money, with all of the things you're into, and have taken over from other companies?  Have a heart and let us keep our station, you won't go bankrupt I'm sure! And as for you Direct TV, you should think about how to really solve this squabble between you and your partner AT&T. Do you really want to lose viewing customers?  You had CBS before you got involved with AT&T. so it must be because of them that you feel you must discontinue it.  Please get it right and settle this issue because I'm sure you will lose lots of viewers if you cut CBS. Why don't you cut another station? Oh, because AT&T are getting all the money they want from them, right!  Well, they will lose a little more money from you, but you will lose viewers, so neither of you will win much in the end.  Sincerely, an angry viewer! 

Here we go again Smiley Sad

Realize that the corporation that owns the stations pulled your channel, not DirecTV. This is an all too common negotiating tactic used by these corporations to extort more money from TV service providers.  None are immune, so even switching providers won't help.

You will need to use an off-air antenna until they allow DirecTV to provide them again. If you can receive the station with an off-air antenna, this is a good time to request DirecTV’s Local Channel Connector (if you have HR44/HR54). It’s free. And some folks are getting a credit on their account, too. Call DirecTV …. 1 800 531 5000 

You'll also want to contact the corporation that owns these stations. Request that they allow DirecTV to continue carrying them while negotiations continue. And ask them why providers like Dish, DirecTV and Comcast must pay them anything when they get to use our public airwaves for FREE?!?  After all, these service providers increase their overall viewership and advertising revenue.  They're shooting themselves in the foot!

The FCC and Congress could easily fix this. Just allow service providers to deliver an out-of-area station when local stations get greedy. But I fear that the broadcast TV lobby is too powerful to ever let that happen.

Keep up on the latest updates at https://tvpromise.att.com/

For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 62 of 1,213
ACE - Expert

Re: CBS removal

@mlynn998 wrote:

What are you doing to make sure CBS doesn’t go dark tonight? I don’t want to have to subscribe to CBS all access or go and purchase an antenna when I already pay a lot for Uverse. I am very upset that I may not be able to watch my shows that I enjoy on CBS like Young and the Restless and Big Brother

Folks complain when local station owners pull their channels from providers like DirecTV demanding more money.
And folks complain that their subscription rates are too high.
So what are service providers like Dish, Comcast and DirecTV to do?

Here's a suggestion. File a complaint with the FCC. Ask that the FCC allow service providers to deliver another network station instead. That would stop this BS in a heartbeat. After all, these corporations get to use our public airwaves for FREE!

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 63 of 1,213
Contributor

I live too far away to pick up on an antenna. that why I have directv. But as a senior citizen, I pay lots for this service. Over $100 per month.

Message 64 of 1,213
Contributor

I live too far away  to pick up local stations on an antenna so that is why I have Directv.  But we are paying more than enough to get these channels. Seniors don't have money to pay over a $100 a month and lose one of the channels they use the most. I MAINLY WATCH CHANNELS 3, 5, 13, 24, Hallmark ch 312 & 565. Right now this cost me about $80 a month while getting a loyalty discount.  this is very high for someone who is on a fixed income.

AT&T _ Directv Please work this out and get our programs back.

Message 65 of 1,213
Contributor

CBS

When will CBS be back? We may have to switch carriers.

Message 66 of 1,213
Contributor

Loss of channels purchased

Since moving from Spectrum to AT&T I have lost the NFL Network, an outdoor channel I really liked, and now I hear CBS is threatened. I'm moving back to Spectrum, this is too much to deal with.

Message 67 of 1,213
Contributor

How much of a discount will ATT provide since I am not receiving programming I am paying for?

I have been without my local ABC and CBS channels for over 2 weeks now.  How much of a discount will I receive on my bill?  I am paying for service not being provided.  Since ATT is not paying Nexstar for this time period the least they can do is pass their savings on to their customers.  Sounds fair to me.

Message 68 of 1,213
Contributor

Why remove our channels ?

We have not had WCMH channel 4 NBC since the night of July 3rd!  

And now you are hinting  that CBS is next.  

UVerse is billing me full charge even though I don’t have my channel 4. 

This is is ridiculous.  We all are paying you a lot of money so come to an agreement! 

If you don’t you will lose an excellent customer and probably many more! 

Message 69 of 1,213
ACE - Expert

Re: How much of a discount will ATT provide since I am not receiving programming I am paying for?

None as there is a clause in the TOS that states channels and programming are subject to change at anytime.  DTV may give you a credit if you call.

Message 70 of 1,213
ACE - Expert

So how much more to you want to pay to get it back?

Message 71 of 1,213
Contributor

Re: CBS

I don’t get a good tv signal with antenna in my area. But I’m sure we will figure out. Just had Dish salesman knock on my door offering to pay for any remaining Directv on contract. Told him I was going to see how this plays out but may call them if CBS and Direct can’t get something worked out. So I’ll be watching to see what happens.
Thanks
Message 72 of 1,213
ACE - Expert

Re: CBS

@BroncoBly wrote:
I don’t get a good tv signal with antenna in my area. But I’m sure we will figure out. Just had Dish salesman knock on my door offering to pay for any remaining Directv on contract. Told him I was going to see how this plays out but may call them if CBS and Direct can’t get something worked out. So I’ll be watching to see what happens.
Thanks

Be careful. Those door-to-door folks don't work directly for Dish. They'll often say anything to close a deal. Be sure to read your order confirmation contract before finalizing the deal. 

And, by the way, Dish has a much worse track record than DirecTV is negotiating these stupid contracts. 

Message 73 of 1,213
Tutor

The loss of Channel 4/NBC

When will channel 4/NBC be added back to the ATT listings?  New fall shows will be starting soon, not to mention sporting events, and this station is a must for us.  If this is not going to happen, then we will need to consider changing our cable carrier.  Our monthly rate goes up on a consistent basis, and now we are loosing select primary channels.  Please provide an update on this matter as it has been several weeks now.  Thank You.

Message 74 of 1,213
ACE - Professor

Re: The loss of Channel 4/NBC

Here's what we know:

Nexstar owns the affiliate.

Nexstar asked for a 130% increase in fees.

This fee increase was the highest ever asked for (I'm not sure about the recent CBS one which does not include Central Ohio.)

This fee increase would raise the $5 local channel fee significantly for something that customers can watch for free with an antenna or via NBC.com

AT&T offered to pay an increase, but not the 130% asked for.

There was a meeting scheduled a week ago today which was rescheduled for 24 hours later.

Beyond that, it's anyone's guess when it comes back.

Shows typically start in late September, right? There's plenty of time.

Message 75 of 1,213
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

If your DIRECTV account has recently moved into myAT&T, let us help you manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T.

Additional Support