Explore & discover

Helpful Links

How long will it take for us to have our local CBS TV channels back?

Mentor

How long will it take for us to have our local CBS TV channels back?

How long will it take for us to have our local CBS TV channels back? It has been much too long without them.

Tags (2)
Message 14 of 1,213
Tutor

Nexstar and CBS Fix

Dear AT&T,

Don’t really care who is at fault and not interested in a lame antenna to get local channels.  You need to fix your dispute soon or I will switch back to the terrible but local channels available Comcast.  Please don’t make me switch. 

Sincerely, 

Want to be loyal. 

Message 46 of 1,213
Tutor

Nexstar and CBS Fix

Dear AT&T,

Don’t really care who is at fault and not interested in a lame antenna to get local channels.  You need to fix your dispute soon or I will switch back to the terrible but local channels available Comcast.  Please don’t make me switch. 

Sincerely, 

Want to be loyal. 

Message 47 of 1,213
Contributor

What is going on

Why is CBS been pulled from direct tv? Local channels are part of my package. 

Message 48 of 1,213
ACE - Expert

Re: What is going on

Your CBS removed their feed to DTV because DTV will not pay them what they are asking to renew the contract and they are the only ones who can return it. There is a clause in the TOS that states that channels and programing are subject to change at anytime, DTV may give you a credit if you call. The FCC will not allow any provider to replace your local CBS.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 49 of 1,213
Contributor

What would be the alternate channel to watch Big Brother and Young and the Restless on?

Since channel 11(CBS) has been off the air --what would be the alternate channel to watch our favorite 2 programs--Young and the Restless and Big Brother?

Message 50 of 1,213
ACE - Expert

Re: What would be the alternate channel to watch Big Brother and Young and the Restless on?

Over the air antenna or CBS All Access.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 51 of 1,213
Teacher

Re: What would be the alternate channel to watch Big Brother and Young and the Restless on?

That is what I want to know. I shouldn’t have to also have to pay CBS all access to watch my shows in addition to paying AT&T. They need to come to an agreement 

Message 52 of 1,213
ACE - Expert

So as stated see if you can receive it on an antenna, and if you can, buy an appropriate one and set it up.  Look at tvfool.com to see what you can get from your location, where to point your antenna, and recommendation for an appropriate antenna size to get it.

This is a public forum and I am a customer just like you. Click kudo if you feel this post is helpful and "Accept as Solution" if it solves your problem.
Message 53 of 1,213
ACE - Expert

Re: What is going on

Folks complain when local station owners pull their channels from providers like DirecTV demanding more money.
And folks complain that their subscription rates are too high.
So what are service providers like Dish, Comcast and DirecTV to do?

Here's a suggestion. File a complaint with the FCC. Ask that the FCC allow service providers to deliver another network station instead. That would stop this BS in a heartbeat. After all, these corporations get to use our public airwaves for FREE!

For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Message 54 of 1,213
ACE - Expert

Re: CBS

Folks complain when local station owners pull their channels from providers like DirecTV demanding more money.
And folks complain that their subscription rates are too high.
So what are service providers like Dish, Comcast and DirecTV to do?

Here's a suggestion. File a complaint with the FCC. Ask that the FCC allow service providers to deliver another network station instead. That would stop this BS in a heartbeat. After all, these corporations get to use our public airwaves for FREE!

For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Message 55 of 1,213
Contributor

CBS

Is Directv dropping CBS. Please

advise so can look for new carrier if this is true. Don’t want to mis my shows and sports that currently air on CBS

Message 56 of 1,213
ACE - Master

Re: CBS

directv will not drop anything

the station however may shut down the signal to force directv to pay more

this will in turn raise your price

i support anything that keeps my price from going up

fyi cbs is free with an antenna

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anything below the is a signature :
Note: This is a customer to customer forum, I am just a customer. Employees are identified as such.
Message 57 of 1,213
Tutor

Re: Aaack! I hate Direct TV!

I'm about to drop ATT and go back to Charter!  Fix your Nexstar dispute or lose my business!

Message 58 of 1,213
Tutor

Re: Aaack! I hate Direct TV!

[Per Guidelines:  Keep it Relevant and Appropriate]. I know that when I signed up, I picked a package based on the channels that were to be provided.  Now those promised channels are not available.

I'm sure there's fine print (there always is) that cover's ATT in this scenario, but I think ATT customers need to band together!  Individual voices are never heard, a group voice has a better chance.  

Maybe we should refuse to pay our bills until this is resolved?  Or make a mass exit to Charter/Comcast/Hulu?

Just thinking out loud...

Message 59 of 1,213
Teacher

CBS removal

What are you doing to make sure CBS doesn’t go dark tonight? I don’t want to have to subscribe to CBS all access or go and purchase an antenna when I already pay a lot for Uverse. I am very upset that I may not be able to watch my shows that I enjoy on CBS like Young and the Restless and Big Brother

Message 60 of 1,213
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

If your DIRECTV account has recently moved into myAT&T, let us help you manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T.

Additional Support