Explore & discover

Helpful Links

How long will it take for us to have our local CBS TV channels back?

Mentor

How long will it take for us to have our local CBS TV channels back?

How long will it take for us to have our local CBS TV channels back? It has been much too long without them.

Tags (2)
Message 14 of 1,213
Teacher

Possible removal of CBS

I am very disappointed to see that there is a chance that CBS will go dark on Uverse if a deal hasn't been reached by the 20th.  A lot of my favorite shows are on this channel and I don't want to see it go dark. Because that would mean that I would have to pay for their online service just to watch my shows.  I pay a lot each month for Uverse and don't want to have to pay to subscribe to another service all because you couldn't come to a deal.  So please don't remove CBS.

Message 31 of 1,213
Contributor

CBS & ACC Network Channels

I understand u-verse is possibly dropping CBS channels from their line-up and is not planning on getting the ACC Network as a new channel.  CBS & ACC Network (with College Football starting soon) are channels that millions watch on a regular basis. I will definitely be switching carriers if both arent offered.  Any update on this? 

Tags (2)
Message 32 of 1,213
Contributor

Local Channel Connector

Dear Sirs,
Please send me a "Local Channel Connector". I have tried to contact your "Customer Service Department" and they are unable to send me this item.
Since I have DirecTV and DirecTV/AT&T is in a dispute with CBS in the Philadelphia area and you will be removing the local channels here (Channels 3 and 57), I am entitled to this addon at no cost for my HR44-500 DVR receiver that I pay for monthly. Your "Customer Service Team" seems woefully unable to service this request for me.
Thank you.
Please send me information on how to contact you with my personal information.

Below is a description from YOUR WEBSITE describing this product, yet I can't get ANY assistance in getting this from you. CBS will be blacked out in my area this coming weekend.

1) What is the Local Channel Connector?
It’s a device that links an over-the-air antenna to your DIRECTV equipment, so you can get local channels. You can view local channels as you do other DIRECTV channels.
2) What do I get with the Local Channel Connector kit?
The kit comes with 4 items:
An indoor antenna to get over-the-air local broadcast stations
A Local Channel Connector device to connect the antenna to Genie models HR44 and HR54
A power supply unit to connect the Local Channel Connector to an electric outlet
A user guide with setup instructions
3) How do I set up the Local Channel Connector?
Plug the Local Channel Connector into the back of your Genie box with a USB cable and then to the indoor antenna with a coax cable. Get detailed setup instructions
4) What can I do and not do with my Local Channel Connector?
With our over-the-air antenna service, you can:
Watch up to 2 channels at a time or watch 1 and record 1.
Pause, fast-forward, rewind, and record.
Use parental controls to monitor local channels.
Stream local channel signals to your Genie Mini.
You won’t be able to:
Watch On Demand content.
Record local channels using Mobile DVR on the DIRECTV App.
Watch local channels on directv.com, online, or on local channel apps.
5) Which local channels can I get with the Local Channel Connector?
Local channel coverage varies. Find out which local channels are in your area.

Message 33 of 1,213
ACE - Expert

Re: Local Channel Connector

You have to call DirecTV .... 1 800 531 5000

For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 34 of 1,213
ACE - Expert

@Voltrax wrote:
Dear Sirs,
Please send me a "Local Channel Connector". I have tried to contact your "Customer Service Department" and they are unable to send me this item.
Since I have DirecTV and DirecTV/AT&T is in a dispute with CBS in the Philadelphia area and you will be removing the local channels here (Channels 3 and 57), I am entitled to this addon at no cost for my HR44-500 DVR receiver that I pay for monthly. Your "Customer Service Team" seems woefully unable to service this request for me.
Thank you.
Please send me information on how to contact you with my personal information.

DirecTV is not removing channels. The local affiliate of CBS (not CBS itself) pulls the feed during negotiations. It would be nice if they provided DirecTV the feed while they talk, but there is no requirement to do so.

The Local Channel Connector (LCC) is an accessory that is still in testing. In some cases DirecTV might provide it to a customer affected by negotiations, depending on stock (it has been heard there stock has been heavily depleted because of the Nexstar situation). So if you can get it that would be nice, but you are not entitled to it. If customer service says they cannot provide you with one, regardless if too low stock or your account doesn't qualify, then that is the correct answer. Also the LCC would not expect to even be a possible option until after the channel pulls the feed, just in case an agreement is reached before that happens.

Your only option to request the LCC is calling DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 after the channel has been pulled. This is a customer to customer forum so you cannot request anything here. Just be prepared that they may not be able to provide you one, nobody is "entitled" to get one.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 35 of 1,213
Contributor

I called them. They were no help.

Message 36 of 1,213
Tutor

Loss of CBS

What are you doing have CBS restored?  Do you realize that you are going to lose customers? Do you really care?  This is extremely frustrating!!! There are other options.  Comcast is just a click away!!!!!

Message 37 of 1,213
Teacher

Re: Loss of CBS

I am so annoyed by this. We pay so much for tv service and we are losing channels or there are a lot more outages. 

Message 38 of 1,213
ACE - Expert

@Voltrax wrote:
I called them. They were no help.

I get that. Just calling is the only way, but does not guarantee you getting one for the reasons explained above.

So unfortunately you cannot get a LCC at this time. I really hope they are close to finishing the testing so that it will be opened for national launch (to everybody). That LCC will be a huge help during these annoying negotiations.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
Message 39 of 1,213
Mentor

CBS

ATT/Direct TV are making plenty of money.

Settle the dispute and return access to the network that is on the listing of those we are paying for. 

Message 40 of 1,213
ACE - Expert

Re: CBS

So how much more do you want to pay to get it back? Your CBS removed their feed to DTV because DTV will not pay what CBS wants to renew the contract.

Message 41 of 1,213
Mentor

* AT&T gross profit for the twelve months ending March 31, 2019 was
$95.333B, a 16.87% increase year-over-year.

Message 42 of 1,213
ACE - Expert

So how much did your CBS make?   So why does CBS want more?

Message 43 of 1,213
Mentor

Not my CBS.

I am paying plenty for this subscription as it is. CBS was listed as an
included network. If Directv can't provide an advertised network, there are
plenty of alternatives-including OTA.

ATT had plenty of money left over to buy out Directv. Crocodile tears for
them.
Message 44 of 1,213
ACE - Expert

Sure it is your CBS as DTV gives your money to your local CBS that is broadcasting your local news.

Message 45 of 1,213
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

If your DIRECTV account has recently moved into myAT&T, let us help you manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T.

Additional Support