Explore & discover

Helpful Links

How long will it take for us to have our local CBS TV channels back?

Mentor

How long will it take for us to have our local CBS TV channels back?

How long will it take for us to have our local CBS TV channels back? It has been much too long without them.

Tags (2)
Message 14 of 1,193
ACE - Expert

Re: Disappointed!

No one here knows. I suggest you use the Feedback tab located on all the Help Center pages and voice your concern. It's a two way street with CBS/Nexstar/CBS. I for one hate to lose channels but not willing to continue paying increases. They are always options and should pursue them.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 151 of 1,193
Contributor

CBS Still Blacked Out - OVER DirectTV - Going another Route!

We have been without CBS for over 2 weeks. We have tried to be patient, but have had it and will be disconnecting. We are in process of purchasing an antenna for local stations and going with a streaming option for the rest. Once this is done we will cancel. We have been with DirectTV for years but we are not going to be held hostage because of a dispute. Once football season is here we want to be able to watch our teams play. Sorry DirectTV - we've been loyal for years but you lost us with this stunt.

Message 152 of 1,193
Contributor

Why CBS

I don’t have NBC stations and now no CBS?  What am I paying for?

Please rectify this situation!!

Message 153 of 1,193
ACE - Expert

Re: CBS Dispute & Local Channel Connector

The LCC comes with a flat antenna that may/may not work, if they have them in stock.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 154 of 1,193
ACE - Expert

Re: CBS Still Blacked Out - OVER DirectTV - Going another Route!

It is CBS that is holding you hostage as they removed the feed to DTV.

Message 155 of 1,193
ACE - Expert

Re: CBS outage

Zero as there is a clause that states that channels and programs are subject to change at anytime.  All providers have this problem so have fun moving when your new provider is hit with this.

Message 156 of 1,193
Tutor

Re: CBS

Good to know that the Local Channel Connector is free. I just ordered that. Of course it won't come for 3-5 business days but eventually it will help restore the local CBS channel (but not quickly enough!) I called about a discount and was told that no discounts were available. Then on the web site I got an 'offer' for a $10 discount. So that's a start at least! That said I'm not happy that I'm having to waste my time on this, time is money! Now onto researching alternative providers! Lot's of options out there, time to look at them. As for the FCC and Congress fixing this - Congress are too busy bickering at each other - even within the same parties! They probably won't even get to a budget deal let alone deal with this. Even if they could they deliver a out-of-area CBS station as an alternative it wouldn't give me local news / weather. Not a solution.

Message 157 of 1,193
ACE - Expert

Re: CBS

All providers have this problem so moving is a short term fix.

Message 158 of 1,193
ACE - Expert

Re: Why CBS

There is no fee included for locals. Not everyone gets locals anyway. Negotiation between Nexstar/CBS/AT&T is pending. Like all of us waiting for a resolution.

Message 159 of 1,193
Tutor

Re: CBS Dispute & Local Channel Connector

I wouldn't even bother trying to call. The reps are totally clueless as to what an LCC is. I have been in their situation for weeks now. I have the right reciever and the guide even shows all the subchannels.... Including the removed Nexstar station. Ive made multiple calls and each one only results in a clueless rep trying to sign me up for distants and my high blood pressure even higher. They should either switch to cable or Dishnetwork if their contract is up as I don't see this ending anytime soon and ATT`s CEO is already on record as to saying they planned on letting less profitable customers "Drop Service" earlier this year. 

Message 160 of 1,193
Tutor

Re: Reduced services

AT&T’s CEO Wants You To Cancel DIRECTV NOW & DIRECTV

DIRECTV NOW and DIRECTV have seen a huge drop in subscribers recently. Just in the 1st quarter of 2019, AT&T lost over 500,000 subscribers and AT&T is happy about that. That is not what I am saying but what AT&T’s CEO & President, Randall Stephenson said during a talk at the J.P. Morgan Conference earlier this week.

“But the other element to give you sustainable profitability is cleaning up the customer base. Because we have a number of customers on our rolls that are very low-ARPU customers (average revenue per user) and we don’t see any line of sight to getting them to a profitable level. And so as these customers’ contracts or whatnot are coming up, there are many who are opting to just leave, and it’s caused churn to spike considerably. These are really low-ARPU customers. And so you’re seeing some spiked churn. And I don’t think you’re going to see that spike mitigate as we go through the course of this year. Second quarter is always seasonally high in terms of churn. But you’re not going to see that mitigate this year. It’s going to take pretty much this year to work through this customer cleanup.” AT&T’s CEO & President, Randall Stephenson said during a talk at the J.P. Morgan Conference earlier this week. 

From the sounds of it, AT&T wants to focus on highly profitable customers. The low-end customers that buy the cheapest plans possible are not the type of customers AT&T seems to be going after. This is a massive change for AT&T who just one year ago was offering DIRECTV NOW plans for as cheap at $10 a month. Now that is all gone and AT&T wants you gone.

“What’s interesting is the lion’s share of this customer base are high-quality customers. This is a high-quality customer base in general.” AT&T’s CEO Randal Stephenson said. “That customer base is remarkably stable. The churn is over 100% driven by just this cleanup of the customer base. So it’s going to take most of this year to work through that process. We get to 2020, we think these customer numbers can begin to improve significantly. And in fact, we will achieve the EBITDA (Earnings before interest, tax, depreciation and amortization) stability of Entertainment Group this year and feeling really comfortable that we can have stable into 2020 as well”

From the sounds of it, AT&T will continue to push low-profit customers out of its TV services. AT&T seems to be warning investors that the second quarter of 2019 will see a strong drop in subscribers but that it is part of a bigger plan to only go after high profitability customers.

Message 161 of 1,193
Contributor

Loss of WISH TV in Indianapolis

When will this station be back on ATT Uverse?

Message 162 of 1,193
Highlighted
Contributor

CBS

How can I watch CBS

Message 163 of 1,193
Teacher

Why should we continue using AT&T?

For some time we have had problems with DirecTV not working when there is no rain within a 75 mile radius. Now, with no warning, we wake up on July 4 to find that we no longer get CBS or any affiliated stations. It's been over 2 weeks with no end in sight. Why should we continue using AT&T with slow internet speeds, even slower internet when we've used a certain amount of data, increasing costs and now we can no longer receive a major broadcaster, one that we watch frequently? We have DirecTV, internet, landline, and cell phones through AT&T but changing providers seems like the only fix.

Tags (2)
Message 164 of 1,193
Tutor

Get my cbs back on or I will cancel

I want the cbs and wbfs stations turned back on my U-verse tv.  I pay for the U450 now I’m paying for something that I’m getting.  I expect reimbursement for a prorata share of my service fees and taxes back for everyday you don’t provide the service.  

Gdt with cbs and make a deal .  

Im extremely upset about this as now I have to pay to watch live tv on cbs.  You should be paying my $5.99 monthly charge for cbs all access 

Message 165 of 1,193
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

If your DIRECTV account has recently moved into myAT&T, let us help you manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T.

Additional Support