Explore & discover

Helpful Links

How long will it take for us to have our local CBS TV channels back?

Highlighted
Mentor

How long will it take for us to have our local CBS TV channels back?

How long will it take for us to have our local CBS TV channels back? It has been much too long without them.

Tags (2)
Message 14 of 1,213
Teacher

CBS, FOX, MeTV

I pay AT&T more than $200 every month for the past 4 years or more and now you remove three stations that my husband and I watch regularly.  This is TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE!!!!!!  If this contarct dispute is not resolved within the next 24 hours, I will switch back to Comcast.

Message 1 of 1,213
Tutor

Very disappointing about ATT cutting us off from CBS on New Years day!

ATT cut us off from watching our football games on New Years day = This is deporable! They could have waited one more day to do the dirty work!  CBS is one of our favorite channels and you got greedy and distroyed it!  Consequently we will be changing to a another provider!  Totally disgusted!

penpen22@bellsouth.net

Message 2 of 1,213
Teacher

When will be getting CBS back?

We live in Northern FL and our CBS station is no longer available (WJAX). We regularly watch this station and want to continue watching! Please finish the negotiations and get it back on ASAP, the season is starting and we are missing new episodes of our shows. Please don't use the excuse it is to help us. We all know for both AT&T as well as CBS it is all about the $ and not the consumer. I'm still paying my bill and not receiving the products I'm paying for.
Message 3 of 1,213
Teacher

Re: Very disappointing about ATT cutting us off from CBS on New Years day!

I totally agree with you, I think ATT will work this out but will lose many accounts if it takes much longer.

Message 4 of 1,213
Contributor

Losing Channels CW & CBS

Why doesnt Directv OR AT&T get rid of some of the channels where they are selling us something ? God knows we have an abundance of them !  This is absolutely ridiculous . The same as their insurance for ALL your electronics. I paid those premiums for a while, years actually. Then my living room tv started to have issues but it was not happening constantly. I waited to call them about 4 months Well when I did call I was told if the problems were not happening when a tv repairman came out that I would have to wait 90 days before they would send another repairman to look at it. I cancelled the insurance ! NOW I am considering cancelling Directv. I mean really who needs the aggravation when you can have a firestick & Hulu or Amazon? And after this crap with 2 of my most watched channels & the Video On Demand NOT working properly for months WHY ? keep Directv?? Does anyone agree?

Message 5 of 1,213
ACE - Expert

Re: Losing Channels CW & CBS

Here we go again ☹

Realize that the corporation that owns the stations pulled your channel, not DirecTV. This is an all too common negotiating tactic used by these corporations to extort more money from TV service providers.  None are immune, so even switching providers won't help.

You will need to use an off-air antenna until they allow DirecTV to provide them again. If you can receive the station with an off-air antenna, this is a good time to request DirecTV’s Local Channel Connector (if you have HR44/HR54). It’s free. And some folks are getting a credit on their account, too. Call DirecTV …. 1 800 531 5000 

You'll also want to contact the corporation that owns these stations. Request that they allow DirecTV to continue carrying them while negotiations continue. And ask them why providers like Dish, DirecTV and Comcast must pay them anything when they get to use our public airwaves for FREE?!?  After all, these service providers increase their overall viewership and advertising revenue.  They're shooting themselves in the foot!

The FCC and Congress could easily fix this. Just allow service providers to deliver an out-of-area station when local stations get greedy. But I fear that the broadcast TV lobby is too powerful to ever let that happen.

For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 6 of 1,213
Teacher

CBS local channel-FIX IT NOW!!!!

What the heck is going on with the CBS local channels. You better figure something out soon or you will loose a lot of business. Stop placing blame and FIX IT!!!!!! I will not be staying with your service without this channel which is part of what I am paying for. Our local is WTAJ in pennsylvania.

Message 7 of 1,213
ACE - Expert

Re: CBS local channel-FIX IT NOW!!!!

@CBSCBSCBS wrote:

What the heck is going on with the CBS local channels. You better figure something out soon or you will loose a lot of business. Stop placing blame and FIX IT!!!!!! I will not be staying with your service without this channel which is part of what I am paying for. Our local is WTAJ in pennsylvania.

The only way to guarantee that you'll receive your local channels is to use an off-air antenna. All TV providers, including DirecTV, must pay the corporations that own these stations in order to provide their signal. And yet they get to use our public airwaves for FREE!  How crazy is that. I'm glad that TV providers are trying to hold the line on costs. 

For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 8 of 1,213
Contributor

Why is KOIN/CBS no longer available on our Direct TV?

DirecTV send us a small antenna to hook up to our TV. We've done this and still cannot get the CBS / KOIN affiliate station. We do get other over-the-air stations through ABC, NBC, and other local affiliates. We do happen to live at the bottom of a hill, so I'm wondering if that is why we don't receive the CBS station. I'm not sure if our television is a digital television so I'm wondering if that could be our problem? The only other issue I can foresee is that the station which is Channel 6 for us broadcast on a low frequency and we're just not able to receive it. Any ideas or suggestions to solve this problem would be greatly appreciated thanks so much

Message 9 of 1,213
Teacher

CBS chanel

I would like to say enough is enough. Get this settled NOW. It has been 16 days since it has been off.  I don't know about anyone else, but I have had it. 

Message 10 of 1,213

Robert Lewis

The loss of CBS (channel 5) from our Uverse lineup is really bad!! It has been almost a month without it. Our bill has remained the same even though ATT IS NOT meeting it's contract obligations!!! Cannot contact anyone at ATT who can give any comprehensive information.

Message 11 of 1,213
Teacher

Nexstar vs. DirecTV Dispute

I have lost access to my local CBS affiliate here in the Triangle market of NC. This dispute has been going on for two weeks. No end in sight. I trust my bill will be prorated for loss of service, right? I’m starting to hold my breath now. Please figure something out ASAP!

Message 12 of 1,213
Mentor

Cbs

We would like to have our cbs channel back ,how long will you keep it out?

Message 13 of 1,213
Tutor

Re: How long

I am also interested in how long before we get NBC, CBS and Me Tv, There are others as well but don't necessarily affect me at this time. 

Message 15 of 1,213
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

If your DIRECTV account has recently moved into myAT&T, let us help you manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T.

Additional Support