Explore & discover

Helpful Links

How long does it take for the sports info to download to my new DVR?

How long does it take for the sports info to download to my new DVR?

And is there a way to force it so I get it more quickly?

Thanks for any help...

Larry

Message 1 of 8
Highlighted
ACE - Expert

Re: How long does it take for the sports info to download to my new DVR?

What sports info?

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 8

Discover - Sports

Message 3 of 8
ACE - Expert

Usually it takes 24-48 hours for everything to initialize and download.

What DVR model number do you have?

Is it connected to your home network for internet access?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 8
ACE - Expert

What's discover - sports?

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
Message 5 of 8

It's an HR54/200.  We've had it since 4/8/19.  I broke down and called D*TV, which was just as much fun as it always is.  Took about an hour to get to what I thought was their tech support, which turned out to be somebody who was relaying our conversation to the actual tech support people.  Took me forever to make her understand what was happening - do they REALLY not know how their own menus work?  They did a remote reset which did nothing.  They then pushed a software update which I got to install by doing a receiver reset.  Still doesn't work.  And I discovered none of the selections under Discovery work - same 'not available' message for each.  And I discovered the Sportsguide doesn't totally work - when I tried the 'Edit teams' option, I got the same 'sports not available' message.  They're sending out an installer tomorrow, so we'll see...

Message 6 of 8

Sorry - realized I hadn't answered your network question - it's hooked into our cable router which provides a 110 mbps signal.  And I can connect the receiver to it via Ethernet cable or wireless connection.  Tried both, but made no difference.

Message 7 of 8

Looks like the fresh software install did it.  This morning everything seems to be working.

Message 8 of 8
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support