Explore & discover

Helpful Links

How can I get OTA antenna for 'blocked' channels?

Highlighted
Contributor

How can I get OTA antenna for 'blocked' channels?

How can I get OTA antenna for 'blocked' channels? Evidently, ATT had a program wherein they provided an OTA antenna. I never knew about this!! Was this special made known to affected ATT subscribers?!? My local TV station says 'switch to DISH"... maybe I should!

Message 1 of 7
ACE - Expert

Re: How can I get OTA antenna for 'blocked' channels?

You have to have an HR44/54 Genie if so then call DTV if they still have any in stock.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 7
Contributor

Thanks... I'll check it out!!

Message 3 of 7
ACE - Expert

Local Channel Connector (LCC)

Accessory that connects a antenna to DirecTV box (comes with simple indoor one included)

Only compatible with 2nd and 3rd generation Genie (HR44 and HR54)

Still in testing (not nationally launched) but made available as an offer to those affected by negotiations so stock may be limited

Not proactively give as the only want to provide the limited accessory to those who actually care about the locals

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 7
Contributor

ATT did offer an antenna but the Genie model was NOT a criteria. (I *think* being a DirecTV HD customer qualifies.)  So I have a antenna scheduled for overnight delivery. DirecTV number to call is 800-288-2020, but you need to say "loyalty" at the first voice prompt. It is the 'loyalty program' that can help with the antenna!! 

Hope they get this straightened out soon!! I have a feeling that Channel 27's new owner (Nexstar) instigated this stand-off. 

Good luck... and thanks, @shannon02 !!

Message 5 of 7
ACE - Expert

@sfrvn1966 

The LCC is only compatible with HR44 and HR54. It is not compatible with older models and for some reason the new Genie-2 (HS17). Older boxes can use the AM21, but that was discontinued years ago so you have to find one used somewhere.

So if you don't have one of those two models, then sending you an LCC is a waste as you cannot use it. It doesn't work with the old software. Only HR44 and up get the new software and interface.

The 1-800-288-2020 is for the AT&T side. DirecTV's original customer service number is still used. Best to use the direct number as occasionally they still have transfer issues between the two side, though supposedly it has gotten a little better.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Message 6 of 7
ACE - Expert

They maybe sending you an antenna to connect to the TV not the DTV receiver.

Message 7 of 7
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

If your DIRECTV account has recently moved into myAT&T, let us help you manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T.

Additional Support