Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Having trouble connecting a secondary box at our camper…..we have done this at least 87 times before

Highlighted
Contributor

Having trouble connecting a secondary box at our camper…..we have done this at least 87 times before

Having trouble connecting my camper Directv box.  The Directv Tech Support team gave me a  phone 401.608.8925 for support for my issue at had.  I have never, ever had to do this secondary phone number thing which I found weird, but I stupidly followed the instructions.  The "SUPPORT" number given is apparently a support line for Trak Phones and Trak phone devices customers and has nothing to do with Directv that I could garner.

When I finally reached a human being, Bob, who BTW was very kind, but was  annoyed that Directv had been throwing any and all of their "difficult or not easily managed by the touch of a button or that they just didn't want to deal with" the Trak Phone customer service line was EXTREMELY unhappy that I was shuffled to them!!!

I have been using two remote boxes for the past 6+ years….1 we use on our camper and 1 on our tailgate at Clemson.  

We moved the camper this weekend and SIMPLY needed to call to have a signal shot to the box (as always) so that my Hubby & Brother could enjoy their well deserved time off doing whatever men do in the woods watching their Beloved Tigers at the same time as enjoying the outdoors life.

Can Someone….Anyone…..PLEASE, PLEASE, HELP me solve this problem ASAP…I have been on the phone since 2:07pm today and I Have not resolved a thing!!!! it is 5;27 pm right now!!!  Imagineer my frustration!

Thank you in advance!!!

Message 1 of 2
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by ACE - Expert (ACE - Expert)
Accepted by litzdog911
‎01-06-2019 4:16 PM

Re: Having trouble connecting a secondary box at our camper…..we have done this at least 87 times be

It appears that AT&T is doing away with allowing multiple service address changes as they now require you to put in a move order.

There is a travelers account that gets the DNS channels but not the local channels.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 2
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

If your DIRECTV account has recently moved into myAT&T, let us help you manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T.

Additional Support