HIDEF CHANNELS

Mentor

HIDEF CHANNELS

Could anyone tell me if all HDTV channels come on 99 and 103 and if so,  would it be 99c or 99s and if 103ca,  103cb or 103s.

Don't know if it matters,  but am in southern California.  Thanks for any info.  If any one knows what transponder covers TNT,  would like to know that also.

Message 1 of 4 (533 Views)
Employee

Re: HIDEF CHANNELS

HD channel comes from both 99 and 103 sats. the "S" satellites are spot beams.  dont worry about them.

you can find the satellite map here

http://www.dbstalk.com/topic/200951-transponder-maps-domestic-latinam-new-data-8282013/

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 4 (70 Views)
Professor

To expand just a bit on peds48 comment - both 99s and 103s are spot beams for local channels. That means that you should have one or more transponders on those specific satellites with a high reading, but you don't need to worry about all the transponders with low or zero readings as long as you are receiving your local channels properly.

The other HD feeds on 99c and 103ca/cb should have high readings on all active transponders (high 80's or 90's), as well as 101 (for SD channels).

Message 3 of 4 (70 Views)
Tutor

good answer!

Message 4 of 4 (70 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Need immediate assistance with your bill or technical issue? Don’t wait, Click here to chat with us. You can also check out some helpful articles below!