Helpful Links

HDMI support

Contributor

HDMI support

I lost use of HDMI on the Genie DVR earlier this week and have tried to get it to work but not succeeding.  I have a Vizio tv with two HDMI ports and have checked them and they both work. Can someone help me out?

Message 1 of 4
Employee

Re: HDMI support

Call DirecTV for replacement

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 4
Scholar

While you're waiting for a replacement you could trying using component cables (red-blue-green) for the video and RCA cables (red-white only) for the audio.  There should be no degradation of your picture/sound quality.

Message 3 of 4
Contributor

My HR34/700 has a similar issue. It will not show itself for about 45-minutes and then the picture will go black for a few seconds and then come back on for a few minutes and as time goes by it goes to black more frequently until it eventually goes to black for good.

I ruled out the HDMI ports on the Sony TV and ruled out the cable by using a different HDMI cable so the problem is with the Genie.

I have been using the component cables which work fine.

A reply to the original post indicates contact DirecTV so I guess that is the only answer.

Message 4 of 4
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the Watching DIRECTV Forum! Need to troubleshoot your service? Need to see some of the products we offer? Wondering how to take your DVR with you? Click below!

Additional Support