Getting HD Without HD Cable Box

Getting HD Without HD Cable Box

I previously had a old, big box type tv so obviously I also had the regular hd cable box with directv. For Christmas I received a new 40" HDTV, but am still stuck with the old cable box. Is there a way to get HD picture on my new tv without getting a new hd cable box, or am I stuck with the old type picture?

Message 1 of 10
Professor

Re: Getting HD Without HD Cable Box

You can probably connect the TV with component (red, green, blue video and red/white for audio) cable.

What model is the HRDVR behind the access card door. 

Message 2 of 10

On the back of the DIRECTV box there are the receiver ID and serial numbers, is that what you're asking about?

Message 3 of 10
Employee

What is the model of this receiver ?

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 10

The receiver is D11/100

Message 5 of 10
Employee

That receiver is not HD. Call DirecTV to see if you qualify for a free upgrade. You most likely need a new dish as well

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 6 of 10

That's what I figured. Thanks.

Message 7 of 10
Professor

Just saw your answer.

Message 8 of 10
Employee

You are welcome

Employee Contributor*
Message 9 of 10
Employee

**Click the "Helpful Answer" star on the left to say 'Thanks'**

***Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Correct' if it solves your problem.

Employee Contributor*
Message 10 of 10
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the Watching DIRECTV Forum! Need to troubleshoot your service? Need to see some of the products we offer? Wondering how to take your DVR with you? Click below!

Additional Support