Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Genie mini to projector plus external speakers

Contributor

Genie mini to projector plus external speakers

I have hooked up my genie mini to a projector using an HDMI Cable.  The video and sound are working properly.  I would like to add an external speaker so I can have better sound.  My projector is the Paick LED video projector with HDMI, VGA, AV, and USB.  I have tried just about everything to hook up a speaker in conjunction with the hdmi being used.  Is there a way to utilize the digital audio out on the genie mini?  Do I need a digital to analog converter?  HELP!

Message 1 of 6
ACE - Expert

Re: Genie mini to projector plus external speakers

What sort of "external speaker"?  

If your external speakers are self-powered and have a digital audio input, you should be good to go.  Otherwise try using the analog red/white audio connection, if your Mini has that.  What model Mini do you have?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 6
Contributor

(C41W/WGM)

A sound system that has AUX mode and two speakers hooked up to it.  There is a spot to plug in a 3.5mm headphone jack and the red/white cable.

Message 3 of 6
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by ACE - Expert (ACE - Expert)
Accepted by litzdog911
‎09-24-2018 1:21 PM

Get one of these "dongle" cables for your C41W to provide the analog audio (red/white RCA connection) to feed your sound system.

https://www.solidsignal.com/pview.asp?p=10pincompos

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 4 of 6
Contributor

Will that work in conjunction with the hdmi cable going to the projector?  Like I said I have sound coming from the projector, its just not very loud.

Message 5 of 6
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by ssmith37
‎09-24-2018 1:54 PM

@ssmith37 wrote:

Will that work in conjunction with the hdmi cable going to the projector?  Like I said I have sound coming from the projector, its just not very loud.

Yes.  All of the Mini's outputs are active simultaneously, so you can use the dongle and HDMI connections at the same time. 

Tags (1)
Message 6 of 6
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support