Helpful Links

Don’t Block My Altitude

Teacher

Don’t Block My Altitude

Don’t block my Altitude tv channel

Message 1 of 335
Contributor

Altitude

Is there really a chanchance that Altitude will be removed from your line up? 

Message 106 of 335
ACE - Expert

Re: Why would directv be dropping Altitude Sports channel?

@Beasldav wrote:

AT&T is our "provider" and I use the term very loosely. You Aces can continue to say it's someone else's fault, but we're paying AT&T to provide our service. Just do it! And no, I doubt spamming, just irate customers being ignored by AT&T.

And just pay whatever those greedy network owners demand?  Surely you jest!

For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 107 of 335
ACE - Expert

@rschuman6 wrote:

Doesn't DirecTV negotiate with the channel owner to broadcast the channel?

Of course they do. As do other TV providers. But Altitude is asking too much. So Dish Network, Comcast, and AT&T are saying "no thank you" to their current demands. It remains to be seen if anyone will blink before the deadline and Altitude actually pulls their channel.  In the old days network owners would allow their channels to be carried during negotiations, but that's becoming less common. 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 108 of 335
ACE - Expert

@Beasldav wrote:

Not a solution...customers want their channels, that's our choice.

And you're willing to pay any price?  Don't be silly.

Message 109 of 335
ACE - Expert

@avsfan76 wrote:

I join the rest of the folks on this thread that will drop DirecTV is you drop Altitude Sports.  It is really the only reason I have not "cut the chord".  I am also very dissatisfied in the way that negotiations have proceeded with Nexstar regarding my local Fox station.  "Another brick in the wall".

NexStar and AT&T finally settled ....

https://deadline.com/2019/08/att-nexstar-settle-carriage-dispute-that-blacked-out-stations-in-97-mar...

Message 110 of 335
ACE - Expert

@IM201507 wrote:

I have been a DirecTV subscriber for over 20 years.  I am a regular viewer of Altitude TV.  I will be dropping my subscription if you drop Altitude.  The channel is that important to me.  Your product quality and service has been in decline for many years now and this would be enough for me to finally call it quits.  Show me that you put your customers first.  DO NOT LOSE ALTITUDE TV!!

Just don't go to Dish Network or Comcast. They're in the same boat. It's Altitude that's asking for more money!

Message 111 of 335
ACE - Expert

@shannon02 wrote:

DTV/AT&T have no control over a channels programming.

So DTV/AT&T caves and then passes the bigger increase on to their customers and lose them because the rates are to high or they stand their ground pass a smaller increase on to their customers and lose them because they don't have their favorite channel.

It's clear to me from the numerous similar-sounding posts here that Altitude has launched some sort of massive campaign to flood DirecTV, Comcast and Dish Network forums. 

I wonder how many of these posts are actually from different real people. 

Message 112 of 335
ACE - Expert

@rschuman6 wrote:

So in your opinion the channel is being greedy and DirecTV and AT&T are just doing what they can?

Yes, along with Dish Network and Comcast. Cable/satellite TV is in trouble. Just look at recent subscriber numbers. And the ever-increasing costs that greedy network owners demand is killing the business. Folks complain when local station owners pull their channels from providers like DirecTV demanding more money.
And folks complain that their subscription rates are too high.
So what are service providers like Dish, Comcast and DirecTV to do?

Message 113 of 335
ACE - Expert

Re: Altitude

@Lbek58 wrote:

Is there really a chanchance that Altitude will be removed from your line up? 

Looks that way. Unless Dish Network, Comcast and DirecTV cave into Altitude's demands for more $$$.  I'm glad that these providers are more willing to stand up to greedy corporations.  

Folks complain when station owners pull their channels from providers like DirecTV demanding more money.
And folks complain that their subscription rates are too high.
So what are service providers like Dish, Comcast and DirecTV to do?

Message 114 of 335
ACE - Expert

Re: Altitude

Yes, the channel owners will most likely remove the feed if DTV/AT&T doesn't pay them what they are asking.

Message 115 of 335
ACE - Expert

Re: Dont block my ALTITUDE!!

It is the channel owner that removes the feed not DTV.

Message 116 of 335
Tutor

Why would a company like AT&T have customer "experts" patrolling their forums to defend them when something like this happens? I wonder how many "ACE"s are different, real people. What a world we live in...

Message 117 of 335
Contributor

Altitude station is one of the reasons we get extra channels on our DirectTV. Please don’t block it! Love watching the Avs play all season. 

Message 118 of 335
ACE - Expert

@rschuman6 wrote:

Why would a company like AT&T have customer "experts" patrolling their forums to defend them when something like this happens? I wonder how many "ACE"s are different, real people. What a world we live in...

Yes, I'm a "real people". And no, I don't work for AT&T. But I've seen enough of these disputes to know that there's no incentive for DirecTV to yank a channel. It's the network owner that threatens to do that, and lately actually does it, in order to extort more money. It's happening to all TV providers and it's killing the industry. Just how much more do you want to pay?  I think my bill is already too high, thank you.

Message 119 of 335
Contributor

Do not block altitudetv

It’s all over the news that directv is considering dropping altitudetv in Colorado. Please do not do this. It is my primary programming choice. I will cancel once my term is up if you do. 

Message 120 of 335
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

If your DIRECTV account has recently moved into myAT&T, let us help you manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T.

Additional Support