Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Don’t Block My Altitude

Teacher

Don’t Block My Altitude

Don’t block my Altitude tv channel

Message 1 of 336
ACE - Expert

Re: Why would directv be dropping Altitude Sports channel?

No, DTV doesn't remove channels the owners of the channel removes the feed.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 91 of 336
Tutor

Doesn't DirecTV negotiate with the channel owner to broadcast the channel?

Message 92 of 336
Associated Member

@Beasldav wrote:

but we're paying AT&T to provide our service. Just do it!

Yes, you are paying AT&T for the service. However, AT&T can only provide the content that is given to them, and if a network is withholding content, then AT&T can't broadcast it. And seeing how this is not just an issue with AT&T, but with other providers, you have to wonder who is really the villain here.

*I am a trusted partner that is associated with AT&T, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 93 of 336
Community Support
Solution
Accepted by Community Support (Community Support)
Accepted by ATTCustomerCare
‎08-29-2019 1:06 PM

All.

As Altitude Sports and Entertainment has publicly communicated, our agreement with them expires this Saturday, 8/31. DIRECTV has made a very fair offer to Altitude. We remain on the side of consumer choice and value, and our negotiations reflect that.

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button.
For additional support, please visit us at our AT&T services hub.
Follow us on: Twitter @ATTCares and @DIRECTVService

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Tags (1)
Message 94 of 336
Scholar

Not a solution...customers want their channels, that's our choice.

Message 95 of 336
Contributor

DO NOT DROP MY AVS AND NUGGETS. The only reason I continue to have Direct TV is the altitude sports network. I am a die hard Avs fan in south Texas. The second you drop Altitude is the second I cancel my subscription. Please work it out. 🙏🏻

Go AVS! 

Message 96 of 336
Tutor

I join the rest of the folks on this thread that will drop DirecTV is you drop Altitude Sports.  It is really the only reason I have not "cut the chord".  I am also very dissatisfied in the way that negotiations have proceeded with Nexstar regarding my local Fox station.  "Another brick in the wall".

Message 97 of 336
Tutor

I've had DirecTV for 20+ years.  Always loved it and been an advocate.  But I've been seriously considering a streaming service and the only thing that made me stay with DirecTV was Altitude Sports.  If it's gone, I'm gone.

Message 98 of 336
Tutor

I have been a DirecTV subscriber for over 20 years.  I am a regular viewer of Altitude TV.  I will be dropping my subscription if you drop Altitude.  The channel is that important to me.  Your product quality and service has been in decline for many years now and this would be enough for me to finally call it quits.  Show me that you put your customers first.  DO NOT LOSE ALTITUDE TV!!

Message 99 of 336
Tutor

To Whom it May Concern:
I am a longtime AT&T and DIRECTV customer and am writing to express my concern for the possible loss of AltitudeTV from your programming. As viewing services have evolved to include more streaming options I have considered cancelling service with DIRECTV. However, live sports and particularly those carried by Altitude network are the main reason I have continued service. If the network is dropped from the DIRECTV lineup I may have to drop service all together. And without television service bundled to my family mobile plan I would be very tempted to move to Vrezon for mobile coverage. Please take this into consideration as negotiations continue.

Sincerely,

Alex Romero

Message 100 of 336
Tutor

To Whom it May Concern:
I am a longtime AT&T and DIRECTV customer and am writing to express my concern for the possible loss of AltitudeTV from your programming. As viewing services have evolved to include more streaming options I have considered cancelling service with DIRECTV. However, live sports and particularly those carried by Altitude network are the main reason I have continued service. If the network is dropped from the DIRECTV lineup I may have to drop service all together. And without television service bundled to my family mobile plan I would be very tempted to move to Vrezon for mobile coverage. Please take this into consideration as negotiations continue.

Sincerely,

Alex Romero

Message 101 of 336
Contributor

Dont block my ALTITUDE!!

I live in colorado if you block it i won't be able to watch the best sports channel in the state

Message 102 of 336
ACE - Expert

DTV/AT&T have no control over a channels programming.

So DTV/AT&T caves and then passes the bigger increase on to their customers and lose them because the rates are to high or they stand their ground pass a smaller increase on to their customers and lose them because they don't have their favorite channel.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 103 of 336
Tutor

So in your opinion the channel is being greedy and DirecTV and AT&T are just doing what they can?

Message 104 of 336
Associated Member

I won't say that I'm ready to point fingers at anyone, but I do find it suspicious that at least 3 different companies that provide TV service have lost access to the Altitude channel within a week, and Altitude was quick to place blame and start a mob against all of them

*I am a trusted partner that is associated with AT&T, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 105 of 336
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

If your DIRECTV account has recently moved into myAT&T, let us help you manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T.

Additional Support