Don’t Block My Altitude

Teacher

Don’t Block My Altitude

Don’t block my Altitude tv channel

Message 1 of 336
ACE - Expert

Re: Altitude Sports

@jcellison133 wrote:

I am very troubled that you will be no longer have Altitude Sports. I am going to be moving withing the next month and want to stay with your service but i dont believe that i will be able to do so. You are not only risking the jobs of hundreds of people but also crushing the fan base of the Denver Nuggets, Colorado Avalanche, Colorado Rapids, and the Colorado Mammoth. I truly want you to change your minds about this choice! Be a company that wants the best for its customers! Thank you!

Just don't switch to Dish Network or Comcast. They're in the same boat.  Altitude's corporate owner is demanding more money than TV service providers are willing to pay. Contact them and ask them to quit being so greedy with your subscription dollars. 

For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 76 of 336
ACE - Expert

Re: #dontblockmyaltitude

@Avsfan33 wrote:
DirecTV has dropped 3 other channels within the last few months..so yes we all know where the problem stem froms.....
#directvsucks

You seem to believe that DirecTV is the only provider that gets hit with these ever-increasing demands for more $$$ for greedy station/network owners. Here's some research that might help you see where the problem truly lies ....

https://www.americantelevisionalliance.org/retrans-fee-hikes-continue-to-defy-gravity-soar-to-record...
https://www.spglobal.com/marketintelligence/en/news-insights/research/retrans-projections-update-sub...

Since 2010, millions of Americans have seen dark screens instead of watching their favorite channels due to more than 1,000 broadcaster-initiated blackouts. With 230 blackouts, 2019 is the worst year for TV blackouts on record.

230 blackouts in 2019 – Retrans Fees: $11.7B (estimated)
165 blackouts in 2018 – Retrans Fees: $10.5B
213 blackouts in 2017 – Retrans Fees: $9.3B
104 blackouts in 2016 – Retrans Fees: $7.9 B
193 blackouts in 2015 – Retrans Fees: $6.4B
94 blackouts in 2014 – Retrans Fees: $4.8B
119 blackouts in 2013 – Retrans Fees: $3.6B
90 blackouts in 2012 – Retrans Fees: $2.4B
42 blackouts in 2011 – Retrans Fees: $1.7B
8 blackouts in 2010 – Retrans Fees: $1.2B
** Retrans fees in $billions based on data from SNL Kagan

Ever-increasing retransmission fees and greedy network owners are killing the cable/satellite TV industry. 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 77 of 336
Contributor

Re: Why would directv be dropping Altitude Sports channel?

FORGO THE GLUTTONOUS ABSURDITY AND STRIKE A DEAL WITH ALTITUDE. THE CBS DEBACLE WAS RIDICULOUS ENOUGH.  AVS ARE TAKING THE CUP THIS YEAR AND IF THIS ISN'T ADDRESSED, IT WILL BE THE END OF OUR RELATIONSHIP.

Message 78 of 336
Contributor

If you drop Altitude Sports, I will drop Direct TV- it's that simple!

Message 79 of 336
Contributor

80% of all my viewing is either Nuggets/Avs.  I have been a loyal subscriber for 12 years and would not bat an eye disconnecting if Altitude is gone.

Message 80 of 336
Associated Member

@joolsrools wrote:

80% of all my viewing is either Nuggets/Avs.  I have been a loyal subscriber for 12 years and would not bat an eye disconnecting if Altitude is gone.

Dropping DirecTV at the drop of a hat doesn't sound very loyal. It's not like DirecTV is the villain here, considering multiple other carriers are suspiciously losing access to the channel around the same time. I wonder who could be at fault for that.

*I am a trusted partner that is associated with AT&T, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 81 of 336
ACE - Expert

@Steven_Scott wrote:

If you drop Altitude Sports, I will drop Direct TV- it's that simple!

DirecTV isn't "dropping" anything. Altitude's corporate owners want more money, so Dish Network, Comcast and DirecTV have said they're not willing to pay that much. Contact Altitude and tell them to not be so greedy. Or make Altitude a premium channel so that only those folks will to pay for it can get it. 

Message 82 of 336
Anonymous
Not applicable

Don't block my Nuggets!

Message 83 of 336
Voyager

I understand that you are in negotiations with Altitude Sports Network. As a very long time DirecTv subscriber, I will not hesitate to cancel my service if Altitude is no longer included in the channel line-up.

Message 84 of 336
ACE - Expert

@Avaholic wrote:

I understand that you are in negotiations with Altitude Sports Network. As a very long time DirecTv subscriber, I will not hesitate to cancel my service if Altitude is no longer included in the channel line-up.

Just don't switch to Dish Network or Comcast. They're going through the same negotiation. Tell Altitude to quit being so greedy. We're already paying too much!

Message 85 of 336
Contributor

Dont block my avs! I watch every game every year and really dont want to have switch cable companies to be able to watch the avalanche. 

Message 86 of 336
ACE - Expert

@Zrick22 wrote:

Dont block my avs! I watch every game every year and really dont want to have switch cable companies to be able to watch the avalanche. 

Did you bother to read this thread?  Or is Altitude sponsoring some sort of forum-spamming campaign?

As previously mentioned, it's Altitude that's demanding more money. And don't switch to Dish Network or Comcast because they're going through the same thing.

Message 87 of 336
Tutor

Are they really going to discontinue Altitude Sports? I am a huge Avalanche and Nuggets fan and it would be really terrible if I couldn't watch my favorite teams play. I hope they reconsider or we will reconsider who we have as at television service provider.

Message 88 of 336
Scholar

AT&T is our "provider" and I use the term very loosely. You Aces can continue to say it's someone else's fault, but we're paying AT&T to provide our service. Just do it! And no, I doubt spamming, just irate customers being ignored by AT&T.

Message 89 of 336
Tutor

Dropping Altitude?

Are you really going to discontinue Altitude Sports? I am a huge Avalanche and Nuggets fan and it would be really terrible if I couldn't watch my favorite teams play. Please reconsider or we will reconsider who we have as at television service provider.

Message 90 of 336
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

If your DIRECTV account has recently moved into myAT&T, let us help you manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T.

Additional Support