Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Don’t Block My Altitude

Teacher

Don’t Block My Altitude

Don’t block my Altitude tv channel

Message 1 of 335

Re: Why would directv be dropping Altitude Sports channel?

Altitude is back on the air!  Thanks DirecTV for doing the right thing!

Message 256 of 335
Contributor

Altitude TV

Is it true your not going to show Altitude TV anymore cause to be honest they are the only reason I subscribe to any provider. I live in Idaho and this channel shows all of the Avalanche hockey games in my area. If it goes then I go as a customer along with my phone service. Hopefully you guys decide to keep this channel on the air. 

Sam Craig 

Message 257 of 335

Altitude tv

We want our altitude TV back on now. Tired of paying for you guys to just take channels off for what ever reaso . This is like the 5 time this year our channels have been removed.  We want altitude TV back now.  

Message 258 of 335

Give us altitude TV  back no . 

Message 259 of 335
ACE - Expert

Re: Altitude TV

Nope, the contact is up for renewal if they can't come to an agreement then Altitude TV may remove their feed.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 260 of 335
ACE - Expert

Re: Altitude tv

So you want  large increase in your bill?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 261 of 335
Teacher

Still no Altitude on DirectTV, despite prior messages. They did update the
banner on the page. 21 days until the season start. Tick, tock, DirectTV.
Message 262 of 335
ACE - Master

https://www.techhive.com/article/3438316/dont-blame-att-and-directv-if-espn-gets-blacked-out.html

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anything below the is a signature :
Note: This is a customer to customer forum, I am just a customer. Employees are identified as such.
Message 263 of 335
Contributor

With the monthly price we may for DirectTV, we should not have to worry about any channels being dropped!!!  We are avid sports fans and watch the Avalanche and the Rockies.  Without Altitude, there is no other way to watch these games.  If Altitude Sports is blocked in the Denver market, we will be switching to another provider.  I don't care that the upper echelon's year-end bonus is not increased.  This is a money maker for DirectTV, end of story!!!   We will drop your service in a heart beat!!  We had to go without CBS for some time which was absolutely ridiculous as well!!!  Enough is enough!!!! 

Message 264 of 335
ACE - Master

@Kathleen11660 wrote:

With the monthly price we may for DirectTV, we should not have to worry about any channels being dropped!!!  We are avid sports fans and watch the Avalanche and the Rockies.  Without Altitude, there is no other way to watch these games.  If Altitude Sports is blocked in the Denver market, we will be switching to another provider.  I don't care that the upper echelon's year-end bonus is not increased.  This is a money maker for DirectTV, end of story!!!   We will drop your service in a heart beat!!  We had to go without CBS for some time which was absolutely ridiculous as well!!!  Enough is enough!!!! 

what provider will you use, as comcast and dish are also looking at this blackout

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anything below the is a signature :
Note: This is a customer to customer forum, I am just a customer. Employees are identified as such.
Message 265 of 335
Contributor

Please give us Altitude TV back.  It's one of the few reasons we haven't cut the cord yet.  This is a couple of times this year that you've removed channels from subscribers.  Please get your act together and don't have your business negotiations effect your subscribers.  You are as bad as Congress.  I don't care who is at fault, it takes two to screw up this badly.

Message 266 of 335
Contributor

The solution is we watch the Avs soon.   Is that going to be happenig or what?

Message 267 of 335
Tutor

Centurylink and Charter Cable are not affected by this contract dispute.  So if you have the ability to switch to Charter Cable ( Located in Greenwood Village ) or Centurylink ( PrismTV ) both of those services still have Altitude.

Message 268 of 335
Tutor

So another question I have...since DirecTV seems like they love to monitor this area....Answer me this:

Since you have decidied not to offer Altitude TV as of Sept 1st 2019....would it be fair to say that people who entered into 2-year agreements PRIOR to Sept 1st, 2019, those contracts would be null & void because DirecTV is in breech of contract?

If we signed up because at the time you offered Altitude TV, and then dropped them, doesnt matter the reason....my 2-year committment as of right now is void because you cannot provide the programming I was promised in your contract.

Seems only logical....but Im sure there is some Genius Corp Mumbo Jumbo that you can explain why the contract is still valid

Im Listening!

Message 269 of 335
Teacher

I agree. I already told the csr I spoke to that any termination fees should be waived.

I believe this is regulated by the FCC and probably some state levels regulators as well so if I do have to pay a fee to leave there will lots of complaints filed and requests for reimbursement.
Message 270 of 335
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

If your DIRECTV account has recently moved into myAT&T, let us help you manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T.

Additional Support