Don’t Block My Altitude

Teacher

Don’t Block My Altitude

Don’t block my Altitude tv channel

Message 1 of 336
ACE - Expert

Re: Don't block Altitude

@jeffhowerton38 wrote:

Don't block Altitude TV. If I can't watch the Colorado Avalanche, the reason I signed up for DirectTv,I will end my service...regardless of fees. Thank you

DirecTV is not going to "block" anything. It's Altitude that's threatening to pull their channel from Dish Network, Comcast and DirecTV unless they pay more $$$. Contact Altitude and tell them to quit being so greedy.  Bills are already too high!

For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 136 of 336
Associated Member

Re: DON'T BLOCK MY ALTITUDE!

Then go yell at Altitude. They're the ones being greedy and asking for more money from AT&T, Comcast, and DISH, and they're the ones threatening to pull the programming.

*I am a trusted partner that is associated with AT&T, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 137 of 336
Contributor

Re: Why would directv be dropping Altitude Sports channel?

Please work something out.  So many people depend on Denver pro sports.

Message 138 of 336
Contributor

Re: DON'T BLOCK MY ALTITUDE!

Please work something out.  So many people that haven't had their voice heard depend on Denver pro sports, and other Colorado sports like college football.   I would pay 40$ a month for the two altitude channels if direct tv dropped them and altitude sports.com had the option to pay for the two channels monthly.

Message 139 of 336
ACE - Expert

Altitude controls their feed so if they don't lower their asking price to something close to what DTV/AT&T is offering and signs the contract or they will remove it.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 140 of 336
Contributor

DON'T BLOCK MY ALTITUDE!

Message 141 of 336
ACE - Expert

DTV doesn't block/drop any channels but the channels owners will remove their feed.  3 hours to go.

Message 142 of 336

No Altitude sports - FIRED DTV today!!!

After 10 years of being a DIRECTV customer I fired you today for dropping Altitude sports channel.   It was the only reason I had direct tv!   SHAME ON YOU!!  I will never be a customer again!   

Tags (1)
Message 143 of 336
ACE - Expert

Re: No Altitude sports - FIRED DTV today!!!

@Brenden777 wrote:

After 10 years of being a DIRECTV customer I fired you today for dropping Altitude sports channel.   It was the only reason I had direct tv!   SHAME ON YOU!!  I will never be a customer again!   

You didn't fire DirecTV, you left them.

DirecTV is not the only provider that lost Altitude right now. Altitude is going through the same thing with multiple TV providers. (Dish, Comcast, DirecTV).

So did you ever consider that Altitude is requesting unreasonable rates and the TV providers have had enough? So that should be "shame" on Attitude. But plan to never be a customer of any pay TV provider again as this is not exclusive to DirecTV. Just go back to regular antenna and forget about Altitude.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
Message 144 of 336
Contributor

Altitude has been taking advantage of the consumer by offering junk programming outside of hoops and hockey season. They get their subscription fees all year long and do nothing to entice someone to watch when Avs and Nuggets aren't on. All carriers should put it on a sports tier and if you want to watch then pay extra for it.

Kroenke and company are laughing all the way to the bank and now someone is finally saying no to the money hungry organization.

Message 145 of 336
Contributor

As a 15 year subscriber of Direct TV, I was quite distressed upon learning that Direct TV will drop Altitude TV. I will immediately cancel my subscription to Direct TV if this happens. As a matter of record, I have had multiple rate increases in my time with Direct TV that has not warranted such increases. Hmm, maybe I should back charge Direct TV for the arrogance of increasing my monthly charges without increasing customer service? Remember Direct TV/AT&T. Your customers provide your paychecks...

Message 146 of 336
ACE - Expert

Your Altitude TV will be the one that removes their feed not DTV and I believe the contract ended on AUG 31 so if you still have it they have either settled or decided not to remove it while they continue to talk.

Message 147 of 336
ACE - Expert

@Tery_J wrote:

As a 15 year subscriber of Direct TV, I was quite distressed upon learning that Direct TV will drop Altitude TV. I will immediately cancel my subscription to Direct TV if this happens. As a matter of record, I have had multiple rate increases in my time with Direct TV that has not warranted such increases. Hmm, maybe I should back charge Direct TV for the arrogance of increasing my monthly charges without increasing customer service? Remember Direct TV/AT&T. Your customers provide your paychecks...

Channels charge TV providers more over the years so of course they have to raise rates. To consider "back charging" DirecTV is the arrogance. Would you back charge all the gas stations because fuel is no longer under $1? Cost of everything goes up over the years, hence why these negotiations get harder.

And this is not happening just with DirecTV. Comcast and Dish are going through a similar situation with Altitude. You want to pay up to $400 or so in early cancellation fees, that is up to you. If you only go to pay TV for a single channel then I suggest reevaluating your need for TV at all. So find something else to watch if the channel is unavailable.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
Message 148 of 336
Contributor

Only reason I haven't switch to a streaming service was I couldn't get altitude. This is a kick to the face

Message 149 of 336
ACE - Expert

It is their channel owner that kick you by removing the feed.

Message 150 of 336
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

If your DIRECTV account has recently moved into myAT&T, let us help you manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T.

Additional Support