Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Don’t Block My Altitude

Teacher

Don’t Block My Altitude

Don’t block my Altitude tv channel

Message 1 of 335
Associated Member

Re: Why would directv be dropping Altitude Sports channel?

@cycloxr wrote:
Personally, given my viewing, I'd gladly parcel out $20/month to Altitude.

I will say, I am not a sports guy, so maybe I'm missing something here, but I would cancel my subscription before budgeting $20/month for Netflix, Hulu, or any other streaming service that has a multitude of movies and full seasons of TV shows, let alone for a single sports channel that I may not even want to watch who is playing at any given point.

I guess maybe I should retake Economics 101, but that seems like a bad investment in my opinion.

*I am a trusted partner that is associated with AT&T, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 241 of 335
Tutor

I just read that Altitude Sports is exploring the option of partnering with Amazon Streaming Service.  Amazon has already bought into the YES network, which delivers NY Yankee Games.....

If Alititude TV doesn't resign with DirecTV and goes via Amazon Prime....Im outta here!  There is NO REASON to keep DirecTV at that point.  The fluff they offer is not worth the $125.00 a month we pay.  Its much easier to get a streaming device and just do that for our TV....we don't watch stuff live really except sports....and everything from HGTV to USA to HBO to STARZ I can get streaming for about 1/2 of what we pay for DirecTV.  

I will GLADLY pay whatever Altitude wants for its service to see the Avalanche & Nuggets and be able to keep my hometown sports casters!  

I certainly hope DirecTV and the other carriers come to their senses and put Altitude back on the air soon....or else we are done!

Message 242 of 335
Teacher

My point is that I'd rather parcel out what I pay to watch what I want than pay the DirectTV rates for a package.

For example, I watch Masterpiece/PBS, available off air locally, for free.  Plus Altitude for  Avs and BTN for Northwestern.  I can find BTN online, and if BTN and Altitude worked out to $20/month each, I'd pay $40/month for streaming that.

For DirectTV I'm over $111/month to watch the same.  It's convenient to have the dish and the option to watch locals and my premium channels they still have, but not worth it if the one thing I can't get separately (Altitude) is no longer available.  I'd save $71/month to get rid of ATT/DirectTV.

On top of that, there's no reason I can't likewise tune my subscriptions, so my $20/month to Altitude is turned off during the non hockey season and back on when it's the next.  Ditto BTN.

Really, DirectTV and ATT need to focus on what the competition is if they want to stay in business.  It's like when AT&T had my cell phone service.  They focused so much on data that I couldn't actually use my phone for phone calls, so I got rid of them.  Looks like they're trying to do the same with DirectTV.  Focus on offering packages, without consideration for what its customers want.  DirectTV/ATT need to remember that as a consumer business, they must focus on their customers' needs to succeed, not tell them what they want.

Message 243 of 335
Contributor

I am with you on this, they drop it I am out! Greg

Message 244 of 335
ACE - Professor

@ggdesigninc wrote:

I am with you on this, they drop it I am out! Greg

Altitude is no longer on AT&T so what's stopping you?

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 245 of 335
ACE - Expert

The content providers package their channels then ask the providers which one do you want just like DTV does.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 246 of 335
Highlighted
Tutor

Has anyone heard that Altitude & DirecTV have settled?

CSR from DirecTV told me that yesterday...can anyone confirm?

Message 247 of 335
Contributor

AT&T is too BIG! time to Break them up!!

Message 248 of 335
Contributor

Time to Breakup AT&T They are too big. They are blocking Altitude sports . It's a local company.

Thank you

Message 249 of 335
ACE - Professor

Even if I agreed with you, AT&T was already broken up once when it was known as Ma Bell and it turned into what we now know as AT&T. But I don't think AT&T refusing to pay for a barely-watched local channel is a reason to break them up again.

Message 250 of 335
Teacher

Perhaps the notices I'm seeing on ESPN about the ABC/Disney channels facing
the same issue with DirectTV/ATT would be more proof of DirectTV's greed?
Message 251 of 335
Contributor

I have had DirecTV for a couple of decades and have been mostly happy with the service.  When DirecTV could not reach a deal with PAC 12 network,  I was not happy but I could live with it.  However, if DirecTV cannot reach a deal with Altitude so that I can watch Avalanche and Nuggets games, I will become a former DirecTV customer.  There is no way I will pay $150 per month for a service that does not include the programming I want to watch the most, which is my local sports teams, especially the Avalanche.  DirecTV/AT&T argue they need lower fees and they want to put the local sports as an add-on at additional subscriber cost.  Well that's fine, but then don't make me pay for all the stuff I never watch, like Disney, MTV and the hundreds of channels I never watch.  RESOLVE THE ISSUE WITH ALTITUDE OR I AM DONE WITH DIRECTV AFTER OVER 20 YEARS AS A LOYAL HIGH REVENUE CUSTOMER!  

Message 252 of 335
Contributor

Re: UNBLOCK ALTITUDE!

Don't Block my Altitude

Message 253 of 335
Contributor

We have tolerated DirecTV and their weak signal (we lose our signal EVERY snowstorm and most rain storms) and the recent CBS debacle.  However, now that they are pulling the best way for us to watch our Avalanche, the decision has been made.  To anyone reading this (which I'm sure isn't anyone at DirecTV), if Altitude Sports is blocked we are done being customers!  

Message 254 of 335
ACE - Expert

Most likely your dish need to be aligned, there are videos on youtube if you want to DIY or call/chat for a tech $99 covered if you have the protection plan.

Message 255 of 335
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

If your DIRECTV account has recently moved into myAT&T, let us help you manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T.

Additional Support