Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Direct no longer carries FOX?

Contributor

Direct no longer carries FOX?

...and when the playoff's were on, FOX was not available on Direct.

Now the Superbowl is coming up, and again on FOX, ..but you can bet it's no longer available on Direct tv. 

Question, ..why not?

Message 1 of 13
ACE - Expert

Re: Direct no longer carries FOX?

It maybe a contract dispute with your local Fox affiliate.  Check here.  http://directvpromise.com/

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 13
Contributor

Directv going to lose lot of  customers because not renewing FOX sports

Message 3 of 13
ACE - Expert

@Stoneybrookbran wrote:

Directv going to lose lot of  customers because not renewing FOX sports

Ummmm, this thread is a year old. What "Fox Sports" are you referring to?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 13
Scholar

The super bowl is on NBC this year.

Message 5 of 13
ACE - Expert

@Stoneybrookbran

This is a thread from a year ago (Jan 28 2017) when someone lost their local FOX affiliate, not a Fox Sports network, most likely due to the agreement came up and the local wanted more money.

If you are having trouble with your local FOX affiliate, a sports channel like Fox Sports 1 (FS1), or a regional Fox sports network, start your own thread with the specifics to your situation.

Message 6 of 13
Tutor

This is the reason I will be leaving direct tv. I pay an enormous amount of money so that I can watch the show s I like

Message 7 of 13
Tutor

I enjoy nasc ar and will no longer be able to watch it thanks to your greed

Message 8 of 13
ACE - Expert

@Tnmom1953 wrote:

I enjoy nasc ar and will no longer be able to watch it thanks to your greed

DirecTV is not the "greedy" party here. It's the corporation that owns your Fox channel. They're holding their viewers hostage to get more money.  Switching providers may help in the short term, but the same thing will happen when their contract comes up for negotiation.

Message 9 of 13
ACE - Expert

@Tnmom1953 wrote:

This is the reason I will be leaving direct tv. I pay an enormous amount of money so that I can watch the show s I like

Not everybody has the same FOX local so should start a new thread instead of posting to one a year or 2 old.

Some local owners, like Northwest Broadcasting, are demanding more money from DirecTV for their carriage. If DirecTV caves, then our bill gets raised even further. Leaving DirecTV will not solve the problem as all TV providers go through this as some point as they don't own the channels. If you want to avoid the situation of your local affiliate denying you the feed through pay TV, then use an over-the-air (OTA) antenna. Not having any pay TV provider at all is the only way to avoid this situation.

www.directvpromise.com now redirects to https://tvpromise.att.com/ so they just moved over the information.

Message 10 of 13
Contributor

I will be leaving direct tv is not worth a dime they keep raising your bill and for less channels They promise you the moon to Lear you in.then take your channels away we need a refund not a free movie channel for a month we should be refunded cash 

Message 11 of 13
Contributor

Hou are so right they don't hesitate to raise your bill. But when this happens you never get a cash refund they are greedy and they take advantage of their customers

Message 12 of 13
ACE - Expert

@teresa57 wrote:

I will be leaving direct tv is not worth a dime they keep raising your bill and for less channels They promise you the moon to Lear you in.then take your channels away we need a refund not a free movie channel for a month we should be refunded cash 

All TV provider raise their costs. This is because the networks raise their rates over the years. So their costs go up our bill has to follow suit. This is also why in the terms of service with all of them that channels/programming are subject to change at any time. They cannot force the networks to keep their channels on all the time or not to be shutdown (Cloo, Chiller, SoapNet as examples). Agreement comes up and if a new one is not reached by the deadline then the channel owner pulls the feed (as they own the broadcast rights) to leverage customers against the TV provider. Keep in mind the quicker a TV provider caves in to the increase, means that much more of an increase to our bill. Over the last few years local affiliates are becoming more problematic on this. But we don't go to a pay TV provider for our free over-the-air (OTA) locals. They are just delivered through the satellite feed as a convivence. Fortunately DirecTV is coming out with their Local Channel Connector (LCC) to allow us to connect our regular antenna to our HDDVR as backup during these negotiations and to record from any other locals within range they don't have.

DirecTV just provides whatever locals they have the rights to and are in-market (per the FCC). There is no guarantee of specific locals or number of locals always available. Whether you have 1, 3, 15, or 20 locals the package price doesn't change, just like other providers.

To check local negotiations (or Viacom that is pulling the same stunt they have done over the last decade with each of the TV providers: https://tvpromise.att.com/

Many companies, not just TV providers, have intro specials to bring in new business. Yes there are poor sales agents out there who will say anything to make a sale, but that is why we as the customer must read the paperwork to make sure of what we are getting.

Message 13 of 13
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support