Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Direct TV resetting box

Highlighted
Contributor

Direct TV resetting box

We recently lost power and now when I turn on my television is display snow like on the screen.  How do I reset the box to get my channels back?

Message 1 of 3
ACE - Expert

Re: Direct TV resetting box

Some TVs return to the ANT input when they lose power so try using the TV's input/source button to cycle them until DTV comes back.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 3
ACE - Expert

Re: Direct TV resetting box

Yes, this is not a DirecTV issue. As shannon says, most TVs have a default setting for the input the tv uses after power is restored. this is typically set to ANT from the factory. There's usually a way of changing the default so the TV goes to DirecTV but you will have to look in your TV user manual to find out how to do it.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 3
Share this topic
Share this topic
Workarounds for resolving common errors. View DIRECTV Error Code Help!
Additional Support