Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Direct TV Outage - no satellite access

Tutor

Direct TV Outage - no satellite access

I haven't had Direct TV since early this am. Feb 20th, 2019. I can't seem to find any notices on the web site of service outages. Is a storm causing this outage? If it is, then you need to notify customers. Silence is not consent that you're taking care of business. What's up?

Message 1 of 12
ACE - Expert

Re: Direct TV Outage - no satellite access

What exact error message are you seeing?

How's your local weather?  Heavy snow or rain can affect your satellite reception, especially if snow builds up on your dish. 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 12
Tutor

No error message. Just no indication of service at all. I've reset the main receiver. My dish has some snow on it, so I'll take care of that. Hasn't ever been a problem in the past. The mid-Atlantic storm isn't that bad compared to last ones. But, thanks for the response.

Message 3 of 12
ACE - Expert

@svocyber wrote:

No error message. Just no indication of service at all. ....

What does that mean?  Details please.  I assume you're seeing something on your TV?  Menu?

Usually if the satellite signal is lost you'll see an error "771: Searching for Satellite" message on the TV.  

It's not a nationwide issue ..... my DirecTV is working fine. 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 12
ACE - Expert

@svocyber 

Weather doesn't knock out their entire service, so their is no customer notification as this is a case by case situation. If weather is an issue then you would receive an message on your screen such as searching for satellite, or possibly about weather if it is noticing intermittent service (this is from your equipment, not the company).

What happens when you try to watch TV? Any error message or code number on the screen? Is the screen completely black, pixelated, or something else?

Details please.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
Message 5 of 12
Tutor
Solution
Accepted by ACE - Expert (ACE - Expert)
Accepted by litzdog911
‎02-20-2019 6:59 PM

The problem was snow on the dish. Resolved.

Tags (1)
Message 6 of 12
Tutor

It was snow on the dish, indeed.

Thanks.

Message 7 of 12
Contributor

The sky is overcast but with no rain at the moment.  When I try to look at the guide, it says that I have no channels selected.

Message 8 of 12
ACE - Expert

@j.bonnevier wrote:

The sky is overcast but with no rain at the moment.  When I try to look at the guide, it says that I have no channels selected.

Is "no channels selected" the entire message or is their more info on the screen?

Is there an error message number as well?

Are you just having issues when you go in the guide?

What models are your boxes?

Any troubleshooting tried already?

Message 9 of 12
Contributor

Never mind. I found a bush wet with rain was sagging into the view of the
dish.

Message 10 of 12
ACE - Expert

Hope it is just a matter of simple trimming then and not a big yardwork project.

Message 11 of 12
Contributor

I had to cut off 5 limbs, but it's a large scrub bush anyway.
Message 12 of 12
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

If your DIRECTV account has recently moved into myAT&T, let us help you manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T.

Additional Support