- edited 03-23-2018 11:59 AM
The Menu screen has been redesigned to provide quicker access to features, consolidate entertainment content in one place and personalize content based on user’s viewing habits. Check out our Your Experienced Redefined link, the video below or scroll down to learn more.
Menu Navigation Changes
New Menu Options
The following are the new left Menu options:
What’s On Now
What’s On Now is a new menu that will list the titles currently on-air from the user’s most watched channels.
- When the user highlights any title the name, time, channel number and channel name will be displayed. If a program is currently airing, a Tune In label will be displayed.
- When the user selects the program, the following Info screen will be displayed. The Info screen has more details about the program like Tune In/Record /Other Showings /Cast & Crew etc.
- Recordings will list only a preview of the user’s recordings (including MRV recordings from a shared DVR).
- The recordings displayed will be prioritized by usage and recent activity i.e. to let the user resume watching their partially watched content or by latest recordings.
- In case of partially watched recordings, a Green activity bar will indicate the watching progress of that title.
- When the user selects any recording, it will start playing immediately.
- If the user presses Info, an Info page will be displayed. The Info page will have options like Play/Delete/Other Showings etc.
- The Manage Recordings information has been moved to the Playlist screen.
1. The Search and Browse menu has been split into separate menus.
2. The Browse section has been renamed Discover.
3. Discover will enable users to access central homepages for Movies, TV Shows, EST Store, Kids and Sports.
Note: Parental controls do not apply to Apps.
1. Settings will display system settings such as Info & Test, Parental Controls, Favorite Channels, Internet Setup, Remote Control, Display, Audio, Accessibility, Power Saving, Whole-Home, Add/Edit My Teams, Genie Opt-In, Satellite, Help and Reset.
2. Most of the left menu items from the old Settings menu will now appear as tiles in the new Settings menu.
3. Selection of a specific Settings tile will navigate the user to a new simplified screen that represents details of only the selected setting.
The main change in the Settings menu is the inclusion of:
- If customer had previously opted-in before getting new UI, they will not need to opt-in again.
When the user selects Genie Opt-In, a new screen will be displayed and Genie Recommends can be turned On/Off.
In Smart Search, when the search results are displayed, there is no up/down arrow in the result table.
- Instead the first and last rows are shadowed to indicate the presence of additional rows up and down.
- The highlight is always on the second row of the result table.
To see additional redesign information return to DIRECTV: Redefined Menu, Playlist & Guide Hub - Things to Know. Check out The FAQs about the change.
Jared, AT&T Community Specialist
AT&T Customer Care
Need help with an account specific question? Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button.
For additional support, please visit us at our AT&T services hub.
Follow us on: Twitter @ATTCares and @DIRECTVService
Solved by: Go to Solution.
- edited 04-24-2018 12:17 PM
Learn more about the DIRECTV Set-Top Box Menu Redesign outlined above.
We have collected feedback from customers and will be making various improvements to the new user interface in several software enhancements beginning this summer. Here are some of the key improvements we’re making:
Your feedback is important. We will continue to make improvements to the new user interface as customer feedback is received.
Jared, AT&T Community Specialist
11-12-2017 7:56 AM
The whole thing is slow!!! When I type in a channel the stupid thing freezes.. Thanks ATT... I mean DirecTV! A customer for 20 years I think it’s time to change.
11-29-2017 3:56 AM
The new menu is way to small and slow. is there any way to change the menu? the lag time is very bad when using any buttons. i have a brand new genie 2 system and a 65" tv,and still have trouble with the menu.
12-13-2017 7:58 AM
Mine is the same way and I called them to ask about it and they said it was an "upgrade" and there was nothing they could do about it.
12-13-2017 8:00 AM
Mine does the exact same thing. When AT&T took over Direct TV, things started going down hill quickly plus the price started going up!
01-16-2018 2:47 AM
This downgrade is awful.....so many things wrong with it....slow to respond...when I search for a show it only shows me the upcoming showings for that particular episode. When I choose "all seasons" it only shows me upcoming showings for channels I don't have, even though the show is in the guide on a channel I receive. Where's the caller ID Log? Gone!?!? The guide format stinks. Font too small, the black and gray colors are awful and that silly bar showing how far into the program the showing is is juvenile. The blue box in the Playlist is disorienting and of no use....I could go on and on and on, but they just don't care. I've posted, I've private messaged them and I've called....you know what it got me....nothing but banned from their FB page. Hello (knock, knock, knock) is there anyone at Directv listening!!??!!?? Nope....they just don't care.
03-09-2018 6:48 PM
Our guide button on the remote no longer works. Are the remotes being replaced with this new guide upgrade? Also, the fonts are so small and hard to read. Needs some tweaking for sure.
- edited 03-13-2018 9:39 PM
The green bar (that used to show buffered content) at the bottom is now useless!
See the attached photo that I took at 9:21pm where it used to intuitively convey I had 90 minutes of buffered content ahead of me. The green bar used to extend all the way to the 8pm mark and beyond. Once my watching got to the 8pm mark, the green bar would extend to the 9pm mark and beyond. Now it doesn't tell me anything, and I have to guess. Who is the UX person who changed what was working perfectly fine?
Before the "upgrade," I used to have a better feel for how behind I was with "live" content that was a solid green bar all the way to the end of the current show you're watching. Now I have no idea. It's very confusing now. Bring back the green bar that shows all the buffered content, not this hybrid of a small green bar surrounded by a grey bar to the left, and grey bar to the right. Huh?!
BRING BACK THE SOLID GREEN BAR THAT EXTENDED ALL THE WAY TO THE END OF THE BUFFERED CONTENT, PLEASE!
03-14-2018 7:45 AM
It's slow, it's laggy and buggy. It's unreadable. It's 'features' are things people complain about in other services so someone thought they should take all the negatives and put them in one awful format. It looks like comcast. Great job At&T. Children aren't paying for your services, so we don't really need the little pictures next to the channels. We need a way to be heard. We need a way to customize our experience-quit forcing things on users while increasing your cost. If you roll something out, at least make sure it's smooth, give us an opportunity to warm up to it, change back. At least consider design, at least understand white space. We don't need more junk bombarding us every time we try to change a channel.
03-14-2018 8:11 AM
This is the worst up/downgrade I have ever seen. It is difficult to read, small print, too much clutter, slow and difficult to find what you seek. Please bring back the old format that worked fine, that we could read, that made sense.
"IF IT AIN'T BROKE, DON'T FIX IT!"
03-14-2018 8:19 AM
I HATE THIS NEW MENU LOOK. PLEASE BRING BACK THE OLD ONE. THIS ONE IS WAY TOO COMPLICATED. AND YES, I AM YELLING AT THE TOP OF MY LUNGS!!!! I PAY WAY TOO MUCH FOR THIS CRAP TO HAVE TO TRY AND FIGURE THIS OUT.
03-14-2018 8:30 AM
I want my old menu/guide back. I hate this new one. You can't read it, you can't understand it and not every customer is under the age of 30 and computer literate! How dare you do this to all paying customers? Give me the option to go back to the old menu/guide, PLEASE!!!????
03-14-2018 8:33 AM
GIVE ME BACK THE MENU/GUIDE I HAD AS OF 11PM MARCH 13,2018!!!! I CAN'T READ OR USE THIS NEW I WOKE UP TO TODAY MARCH 14, 2018. YOU DID NOT EVEN GIVE ME THE OPTION TO SAY NO, YOU JUST DID IT!!!!! YES, I AM YELLING
Visit these related resourcesView DIRECTV Error Code Help!