Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Re: On demand not working

Contributor

DIRECTV On Demand is not working

For 2 days “nothing available at this time check back later” this is for every on demand option this happens often and when it is working it will periodically just stop this is unacceptable you offer a service and advertise it but cannot provide it. I have reset my router twice and it has not solved the issue. This is longest it’s consistently not worked 

Message 1 of 113
Teacher

To you cell phone or LAN line? How does that relate to the DTV box not
connecting to the internet?

Message 16 of 113
Tutor

I connected the DTV box to my Verizon wireless cell phone and I was able to stream everything using On Demand properly. When I plug directly into AT&T or now Comcast internet I am unable to use On Demand services. My PA-200 power supply broke so I'm unable to get a good capture. But I'm wondering if this is sort of a restricted NAT issue commonly seen with Xbox Live services. I tried putting my DTV box as a DMZ host but that didn't seem to work. I remember needing to do DMZ host and port forwarding with Xbox Live so get it to work properly. I'm thinking this is a similar issue.

Message 17 of 113
Mentor

I can stream on my iPad and iPhone- that’s not the issue. I’m unable to watch on demand on my television and unable to restart programs.
Message 18 of 113
Contributor

I tried all that...still not working

Message 19 of 113
Contributor

My on demand is not working at all. 

Just got a dvr install Friday after waiting 4 months with them cancelling set up times, they finally showed up.  All I get is DTV is not available. Even the hihow to videos,  not available. unacceptable!!!

Message 20 of 113

Just got off the phone with them for the same problem.  This has been an off and on problem for two years, and the scripted line from technical support continues to be that “the engineers are aware of the problem and are working to resolve it”.  In the meantime, Amazon, Netflix, Hulu, etc., have no trouble streaming.   None.  None at all.   Zippo.  Zilch.   Nada.  FFS, Directv.  Get it together!   

Message 21 of 113
Highlighted
Tutor

I had the same problem so after dozen's of calls and chats I demanded that they send me a new receiver.  When you get a replacement you lose all recording and scheduled recordings, plus you have this whole process you have to do on every other TV in your house that has a Directv receiver.  It's a nightmare.  And guess what?  Today when I select Directv On Demand, I receive the error "1000 (DTV) is currently not available.  After reading how many others are having this issue go unresolved, tomorrow I WILL be moving my services back to DISH or Comcast.

Message 22 of 113
Tutor

Oh and I just wanted to add that I replaced my receiver last week, so it has been well over 48 hours for the On Demand to set up.

Message 23 of 113
Contributor

Same problem....have called countless times... it’s working on the phone ... jus not in TV.... technician cane out .... said it will work in few hours.... nothin!should have ordered dish network instead.... really frustrated....

Message 24 of 113

my On Demand has be down for 4 weeks ,  . A tech came out yesterday he replaced the box and it did nothing . I will not pay for this service until they fix this issue , they can not charge for service if its not what they advertise . I urge everyone that is having these issues not to pay until its resolved. These companies only understand one thing and thats Profits ,[Per Guidelines:  Keep it Relevant and Appropriate].

Message 25 of 113

Experiencing the same issues with OnDemand service, it will appear to be preparing for playback only to receive "There is a problem connecting to DIRECTV. Please try again later."  We have been trying for 5 months with no resolution through customer service.  I pay for all of the premium channels so I can have the OnDemand feature. During my last phone call with tech support, I was told engineers are working the issue.  I asked for a time line of when this issue would be resolved, was told it was unknown at this point.  Wow, this is your business model!

Message 26 of 113
Teacher

Was told this on demand issue would be fixed mid December. This is absolutely ridiculous. I feel like we keep being told its software issue, being fixed. Keep paying full price and don't have access to what we use most. This should be a priority with everyone affected. I'm  tired of paying for something that isn't  working. Bet if we all stopped paying our bill we'd  get  someone's  attention.

Message 27 of 113

i have told them i will not be paying my bill until they fix my service . I'm giving them till the end of January , if its not fixed or if there's no communication on the progress of the repair i am switching to dish network. I see that there are a lot of Direct tv dishes in my subdivision I will start door knocking to see if they are having the same problems. If they are i will suggest them to switch too.   

Message 28 of 113
Tutor

Same issue - been away better part of two months, so not sure when it started.

Getting the customer service run around via Facebook Messenger, chat, phone.

Yesterday the tech said it was due to software updates. She had me reset twice waited the 24 (actually 30) hours  and still no On Demand programming. Called tech support and was told I needed a service call - would cost $99 or start the monthly tech support fee. Ridiculous - issue isn't with my equipment, as AT&T forums show this ongoing issue.

"Valued Customer" since February 2011 not feeling valued. Looking like it's time to move onto another service provider.

Message 29 of 113
Contributor

We've been without on demand 3-4 months as well.

The supplied resolutions do not work.

Message 30 of 113
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

If your DIRECTV account has recently moved into myAT&T, let us help you manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T.

Additional Support