Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Child changed tv channel so Direct TV won't come on. What channel does the tv need to be on 2 or 3

Contributor

Child changed tv channel so Direct TV won't come on. What channel does the tv need to be on 2 or 3

Direct TV will not come on using any of the input options.  I think the tv channel was changed with tv channel button on the back of the tv by child.  

Message 1 of 7
Contributor

Re: Child changed tv channel so Direct TV won't come on. What channel does the tv need to be on 2 o

I've tried channel 2 and 3 with no result. 

Message 2 of 7
ACE - Expert

Re: Child changed tv channel so Direct TV won't come on. What channel does the tv need to be on 2 o

Contact DirecTV this is the streaming service DirecTV Now.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 7
ACE - Master

If you're talking about using channel 2 or 3 you are talking about some pretty old hardware. Modern gear uses HDMI, or component, a channel 2 or 3 signal could only be NTSC (RS-170a), and thus "standard definition".

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 7
ACE - Master

what receiver?

what tv?

are you using a modulator?

please explain the entire setup

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anything below the is a signature :
Note: This is a customer to customer forum, I am just a customer. Employees are identified as such.
Message 5 of 7
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by Ankchome
‎05-17-2018 5:37 AM

Boxes are most commonly connected by HDMI or the red/white/yellow A/V plugs. In either case you would tune your TV's input (not channel) to HDMI-1, HDMI2, A/V, etc. that the Directv box is plugged into.

If you have SD only equipment connected to your TVs coax port, similar to old VCRs or such, then the TV will need to be on channel 3 or 4. If you have any SD boxes, be aware that SD broadcast goes away April 2019 which will make them non-usable.

What model box do you have?

How is it connected to the TV?

Tags (1)
Message 6 of 7
Contributor

Thanks for the quick help.  I have the tv solution and the Direct TV works fine.  

Message 7 of 7
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support