Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Channels removed from DIRECTV lineup (January 2017)

Scholar

Channels removed from DIRECTV lineup (January 2017)

I am done with Directv!!! I pay alot of money to have your service and you pull this crap!! I am tired of you putting the consumer in the middle of your fight with the local stations without any compensation for the days that we are without local channels.  Lucky that the Patriots are playing on another channel!!!  My New Years resolution is to DUMP Directv.

Message 108 of 2,198
ACE - Expert

Re: LOSING CBS

Realize that these disputes eventually affect all service providers, not just DirecTV, so switching providers isn't the cure. It's station owner greed that's causing this, not DirecTV. Ask yourself why you should pay more to receive stations that broadcast over-the-air for free? And be sure to also lean on the local station to settle this dispute. Fortunately DirecTV has a good track record for resolving these disputes before the station is actually dropped.

http://directvpromise.com

For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 30 of 2,198
Tutor

WSB television

Please do all possible so that we don't lose Atlanta local channel WSB.

This is absolutely a disgrace for consumers from both sides.

Message 31 of 2,198
ACE - Expert

Re: WSB television

Glad that you recognize that both sides share blame when these crazy contract negotiations threaten to take away our channels.  

Realize that these disputes eventually affect all service providers, not just DirecTV, so switching providers isn't the cure. It's station owner greed that's causing this, not DirecTV. Ask yourself why you should pay more to receive stations that broadcast over-the-air for free? And be sure to also lean on the local station to settle this dispute. Fortunately DirecTV has a good track record for resolving these disputes before the station is actually dropped.

http://directvpromise.com

For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 32 of 2,198
Contributor

WSB-TV

WSB TV has been a longstanding program in our home for news, weather, morning traffic and other programs. If WSB. TV is droppped from DirectTV or ATT we are looking elsewhere for connection. 

Message 33 of 2,198
Associated Member

Re: WSB-TV

Keep in mind these negotiations happen with EVERY provider. Dish network, cox, comcast. Every provider will go through this, it's just a matter of when and which network. Directv does have a 99% success rate. 

*I am a trusted partner that is associated with AT&T, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 34 of 2,198
ACE - Expert

Re: WSB-TV

The stations are the ones that will withhold their programs if DTV and other rebroadcasters don't pay them more. How much more do you want to pay for their free OTA programs?

Message 35 of 2,198
Tutor

Re: [Post Here] - Cannot get past start page

Can not get channel 3.

When will an agreement  be made  or should i look for another company ?

Message 36 of 2,198
Tutor

Appalled

WTAE just went off the air. Hey WTAE and Direct TV, get your contract issues figured out...NOW!!!! I watch ABC shows a lot and we viewers shouldn't be the victims here. My bill isn't going to be less because your million dollar businesses can't agree. 😠💩👎
Message 37 of 2,198
Tutor

Re: Direct losing NBC?

I'm in California and just lost NBC, and had no warning. It directs me to a website called directvpromise.com which doesn't load. I thought local channels were supposed to be included. I hope this gets fixed.

Message 38 of 2,198
Teacher

WISN ABC get it fixed

My husband and I watch abc for iur news and other shows...we will gladly cancle and just use rabbit ears if you cannot sign a stuopid contract. Fix the problem or lose customers...I will tell all my neighbors to boycott DIRECTV. FIX THIS!!! We pay Way too much for you to have these kinds of issues.

Message 39 of 2,198
Teacher

Re: ABC

Apparemtly the contarct was not signed...it was not until today this happened...we say SIGN THE CONTRACT

Message 40 of 2,198
Contributor

I lost the NBC channel immediately after the ball dropped in Times Square.  Too bad you can't get you negotiations completed prior to the deadline.  Disappointing

Message 41 of 2,198
ACE - Expert

Re: ABC

So how much more will you pay for their free OTA programs? This will happen to all rebroadcasters at some point the stations will remove their programs if they don't pay them more.

Message 42 of 2,198
Tutor

Where are local channels?

Lost NBC at 9 pm apparently because of contract negotiations. Why were customers not notified this was going to happen? Apparently going lose rest of local channels by midnight. Can I break my NEW contract since you are not keeping up with your Directvpromise!!!
Message 43 of 2,198
Tutor

Obviously not quick enough!
Message 44 of 2,198
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

If your DIRECTV account has recently moved into myAT&T, let us help you manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T.

Additional Support