Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Channels removed from DIRECTV lineup (January 2017)

Scholar

Channels removed from DIRECTV lineup (January 2017)

I am done with Directv!!! I pay alot of money to have your service and you pull this crap!! I am tired of you putting the consumer in the middle of your fight with the local stations without any compensation for the days that we are without local channels.  Lucky that the Patriots are playing on another channel!!!  My New Years resolution is to DUMP Directv.

Message 108 of 2,099
ACE - Expert

Re: No WJAX

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 105 of 2,099
Contributor

Re: Local Channels Removed

This stinks we pay for these channel and you can take it away and we can't do anything about , please bring back all my local channels
Message 106 of 2,099
ACE - Expert

@TerriG wrote:

I am an AT&T retiree and know first hand how bad their customer service has gotten for ALL of their services. When they bought DirecTV, I was fearful that my TV service was going to go down hill. Well, they just continue to demonstrate how incredibly greedy and selfish they are, with no regard for their customers and customer service. The local Orlando NBC (WESH) was taken off the air tonight, and it appears that the ABC channel (WFTV) will be removed at 3:00 A.M., simply to get more money. I really liked my DirecTV service since moving to this area, but I just knew that once AT&T became a player, all that was going to change. Unfortunately, AT&T did NOT disappoint.

@TerriG Its about money alright but you seem to be under the impression it is Directv asking for more money. It is the local station asking directv for more money. Would you be happier if Directv just paid them more and raised your bill?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 107 of 2,099
Tutor

Will we eventually loose all local channels?

I've wanted to drop Directv since we purchased our Smart tv this spring. Now you have given me the push to do so.

This is getting redicilous. The only reason we have kept you this long is for the local channels. Now we don't have that. So adios.

Kellie Sue Bannister

Message 109 of 2,099
Tutor

Sundance and IFC channels missing this AM

Woke up this am and the Sundance and IFC channels are missing. Was watching them last night.  Tried to call customer service because the web site says call between 8 am and..... but when I call it says they are closed.  Come on!!!  They removed channels without any warning.  Can someone explain this to me?  Oh now If I want to pay a very premium price I can get it back.  I am on a fixed income and I am getting screwed by ATT.

Message 110 of 2,099
Contributor

Re: Direct losing NBC?

Its gone over here in northern cali..... this is an att thing. They are too stingy to pay the increase..... directtv would have never let this happen..... I am so tired of these monopolizing fother muckers!!!
Message 111 of 2,099
ACE - Expert

Re: Local Channels

Your anger is misplaced. It was the local channel that pulled their programming. The same thing will eventually happen if you switch to any other provider. You should complain to the local channel.

Message 112 of 2,099
Contributor

ATT Should be ashamed of their lack of ownership contract negotiations

i have been on phone with two wonderful individuals for 1 hr and 30 mins at direct tv over both the COX owned and HEARST owned TV affiliates for the Pittsburgh market.  I asked both folks fo contact to management (even via email) that they can not find.  AT&T owner is not providing DirecTV phone workers with the information they need, yet it is they that are the forfront for the direct public abuse.  It is AT&T as owner that negotiates contracts, it is DirecTV that is taking the heat.  If so many affiliates cant reach a solution, the ownership of the problem must be AT&T.  AT&T was a company I did hold to standard, apparently, that is now lacking.  AT&T needs to fix the local  market situation across the country, including PITTSBURGH with BOTH the ABC and NBC affiliates.  The affiliates do deserve payment for the service that is being marketed by AT&T (owner of DirecTv).  Fix this quickly!

Message 113 of 2,099
Contributor

As a subscriber of uverse 450 in Atlanta it is very disappointing to see a blue screen for web tv. I just sent through the channel list from 1002 to 1069 and have found the following channels that could be dropped from my lineup instead of web tv. 1003, 1010,1012,1018,1026,1031,1034,1035,1037,1056! When are subscribers going to get the ability to chose what WE as customers want to pay for instead of getting caught in the middle of these contract disputes?
Message 114 of 2,099
Contributor

Direct TV (really ATT now) loses channels 2017

Fockered up something good once again. THIS is an ATT issue. They are greedy and I hate these people. The real direct tv would have never let this happen..... i KNEW i should have ditched them when ATT bought them out! Get your loser assses in gear and fix this or I am out!!! I am going to miss a shiit ton of shows that I have been watching for years because you cheap skates cant get it right!!
Message 115 of 2,099
Contributor

I'm with you on this! Not happy about this at all!!
Message 116 of 2,099
Contributor

Local Channel

My local channel 8, is gone.  Will it be back?  Is there another channel where I can get NBC programming without the local shows?

Message 117 of 2,099
Contributor

Eh, wrong! It is gone in northern Cali!! ATT fault, theybare greedy and they suck!!!
Message 118 of 2,099
Contributor

DirecTV Refusal To Pay Local Stations

DirecTV has no problem regularly raising our subscription rates to fund their multiple channels of the same content (how many versions of the same shopping channel do we really need?). So, why do they refuse to share some of their outlandish profits with the local stations? Their contention that nobody is watching network television any more is grossly false. Millions of viewers do watch local stations, as well as DirecTV offerings.

C'mon ATT&T, pay up and let's get on with the new year! But try to resist the temptation to use this as an excuse to again raise our subscription rates...

Tags (1)
Message 119 of 2,099
Contributor

Re: Will we eventually loose all local channels?

When will Directt TV/AT & T Uverse have an answer to FOX 30 & LOCAL CBS 47 in Jacksonville ???  These are stations that elected not to negotiate. Direct TV should provide an answer to Jacksonville, FL Residents. Awaiting your REPLY to me . Thank You.

Message 120 of 2,099
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

If your DIRECTV account has recently moved into myAT&T, let us help you manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T.

Additional Support