Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Channels removed from DIRECTV lineup (January 2017)

Scholar

Channels removed from DIRECTV lineup (January 2017)

I am done with Directv!!! I pay alot of money to have your service and you pull this crap!! I am tired of you putting the consumer in the middle of your fight with the local stations without any compensation for the days that we are without local channels.  Lucky that the Patriots are playing on another channel!!!  My New Years resolution is to DUMP Directv.

Message 108 of 2,099
Contributor

Losing NBC local affiliate

WXXI Winston-Salem, NC went off the air on Jan 1, 2017.....what is the status?

Message 90 of 2,099
ACE - Expert

Re: Losing NBC local affiliate

It will be back when they sign a new agreement, so call the station and tell them you don't want to pay more for their free OTA programs.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 91 of 2,099
Guru

Re: nbc program availability

If you have the satellite service you are on the wrong forum, post on the tv forum.

Message 92 of 2,099
Guru

Re: [Post Here] - Cannot get past start page

Post on the tv forum, this is the streaming service.

Message 93 of 2,099
Guru

Re: Will I get a discount on the next bill since NBC is no longer available?? Please respond !!!

You are on the wrong forum post on the Tv forum. This is for the new streaming service.

Message 94 of 2,099
Contributor

Ok..... and I'll them I'm not buying an HD antenna.....other local news channels to watch.

Txs

Message 95 of 2,099
Tutor

Re: Local Channels Removed

I so agree. Pay $116 mth to watch reruns now no local channels might as well cancel directv I'm not paying to watch reruns & no regular tv shows. Totally disappointed in both directv & att
Message 96 of 2,099
Tutor

When I contracted the U-verse service, AT&T said I would get all local channels.  Their elimination of CBS from the channel line-up is a break of their contract with me.  I'll give them48 hours to remediate this situation.  After that, I'll cancel the U-verse service and move on to Xfinity.

Message 97 of 2,099
Teacher

A cynic might think this is a nationwide shake down by AT&T under the cover of "fighting for you."  WSB not only local affiliate affected. How many other local affiliates across the country were dropped by AT&T on January 1. 

Put the details of contract dispute with WSBTV on  http://www.att.com/fightingforyou & maybe we will take you seriously.  At least WSBTV made their case:

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/att-and-directv-faqs/479406691

Message 98 of 2,099
Contributor

DO I NEED TO CHANGE SERVICE PROVIDER?????

For what I am paying for service, I would expect to get the channels I signed up for. Spectrum is just a phone call away. Not a call I really want to make, but I will.

Message 99 of 2,099
Former Employee

Re: WSB-TV

I had Dish before when Fox held them hostage. I for one think many of these tv personalities are way overpaid so if I have to do without WSB I am sure another station will jump in and provide the same or not better content.

Message 100 of 2,099
Contributor

Re: WSB-TV

Not temporarily having access to a local channel is ridiculous! Every Year DirecTV goes up on their prices, only to have disruption because both sides the local station and DirecTV are filled with greed!  No one cares about the inconvenience of hundreds of thousands of customers!  Bring back channel 2, or risk losing customers!!!!!

Message 101 of 2,099
ACE - Expert

Re: ABC

Cable and Dish have the same problem with these retransmission disputes. The station wants more money from DirecTV. If DirecTV agrees, the customer pays more. Not only that. the next station whose contract comes up for renewal uses the prtevious deal to ask for more, and so it goes on. 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 102 of 2,099
ACE - Expert

These retransmission disputes are becoming increasingly common, with cable and Dish also. DirecTV did not remove these channels, the local station did!

See also this thread https://forums.att.com/t5/Watching-DIRECTV/local-channels/m-p/5025919#M66417

Message 103 of 2,099
ACE - Expert

Message 104 of 2,099
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

If your DIRECTV account has recently moved into myAT&T, let us help you manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T.

Additional Support