Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Channels removed from DIRECTV lineup (January 2017)

Scholar

Channels removed from DIRECTV lineup (January 2017)

I am done with Directv!!! I pay alot of money to have your service and you pull this crap!! I am tired of you putting the consumer in the middle of your fight with the local stations without any compensation for the days that we are without local channels.  Lucky that the Patriots are playing on another channel!!!  My New Years resolution is to DUMP Directv.

Message 108 of 2,099

Re: Direct losing NBC?

I'm super frustrated with the www.DirectvPromise.com site not even working.  It says I'm forbidden access to it.  What the heck Directv?  At least provide a bit of a heads up that local programming was going to stop instead of one minute it worked and the next it didn't.  That sucks.  NBC is my favorite channel.

Message 75 of 2,099
ACE - Expert

Re: No WJAX

Ask yourself who's being greedy ... the local stations that demand more and more money from service providers like DirecTV, or the service providers that are trying to hold the line on our bills?  

Realize that these disputes eventually affect all service providers, not just DirecTV, so switching providers isn't the cure. It's station owner greed that's causing this, not DirecTV. Ask yourself why you should pay more to receive stations that broadcast over-the-air for free? And be sure to also lean on the local station to settle this dispute. Fortunately DirecTV has a good track record for resolving these disputes before the station is actually dropped.

http://directvpromise.com

For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 76 of 2,099
ACE - Expert

Re: Local Channels Removed

Realize that these disputes eventually affect all service providers, not just DirecTV, so switching providers isn't the cure. It's station owner greed that's causing this, not DirecTV. Ask yourself why you should pay more to receive stations that broadcast over-the-air for free? And be sure to also lean on the local station to settle this dispute. Fortunately DirecTV has a good track record for resolving these disputes before the station is actually dropped.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 77 of 2,099
ACE - Expert

Message 78 of 2,099
ACE - Expert

Re: Programming

Message 79 of 2,099

I am super frustrated with the www.DirectvPromise.com site.  Dang thing keeps saying I'm forbidden access.  Good grief Directv!  No heads up on losing the NBC channel- just one minute it worked and the next it didn't.  What the heck?  

Message 80 of 2,099
ACE - Expert

Re: Where are local channels?

FCC regulations prohibit service providers from delivering out-of-area network stations during these silly contract disputes.  Put pressure on your local stations to quit demanding more and more of our money. 

Message 81 of 2,099
ACE - Expert

Re: NBC is off

Message 82 of 2,099
ACE - Expert

Re: Why is Channel 3 KCRA NBC not on my channel lineup

Message 83 of 2,099
ACE - Expert

Re: KCRA Ch 3 & 58 no longer working?!

Call the stations and ask them why we would should pay more and more each year for channels they deliver for free over-the-air.  These frequent "negotiations" have gotten way out of hand, holding us hostage and forcing service providers to shell out more of our subscriber dollars.  

Message 84 of 2,099
ACE - Expert

Re: WSB-TV

Message 85 of 2,099
ACE - Expert

Re: Where are local channels?

I'm sure that the stations had a crawler on the screen during their programs telling you that this will happen and to call whoever is supplying their programs to you to demand that you pay more.

Message 86 of 2,099
ACE - Expert

@jensgotfaith the station turned off its feed to DTV.

@mrspeed2k17 there are ways to get the national feeds if the locals channels can't provide them due to no signal, you need them to sign a waiver but now that they are in a dispute they will not sign one.

Message 87 of 2,099
ACE - Expert

Re: No WJAX

Sometimes the network owner holds out longer and chooses to turn off their broadcast to the individual provider for leverage. So should Directv just allow the higher costs which will find a way to make it onto our bills for something that is broadcast free over-the-air, or instead not give in to the rising costs where the channel might be off for a few days but doesn't add any more onto any price adjustments we have allready seen? Directv's intention has been, no matter where you live or how many locals are available, it has no affect on your bill as they do this as a courtesy. If local channels raise their cost, then Directv can no longer provide them as a free courtesy to the customer and would have to charge for them which would not make any of us happy.

So try to be patient as Directv is working on keeping the cost reasonable as it affects both them and us as the customer. In the case where someone lives where the traditional OTA broadcast cannot reach them because of terrain, and Directv does not have the rights to a specific local affiliate (or in active negotiations to keep carrying them) you can call Directv and apply for distant network stations (DNS) which are an East or West coast feed of the national network your local affiliate uses. Just another option for some of those unique situations.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
Message 88 of 2,099
ACE - Expert

Re: Programming

Directv does not own any of those channels. That is why in the terms of all tv providers that channels are subject to change. Directv plans include locals at no additional cost, but they have to renegotiate with local channels when their agreements come up as with any other network. Using an over-the-air antenna in the meantime can be an option. For Directv to keep providing locals complimentary, they need the local affiliates to not keep raising their costs, otherwise there would come a day when we would have to pay for locas we could get free over-the-air.

Only the local affiliate for ABC has the broadcast rights to turn their channel off. It is unfortunate that the local affiliate did not keep their channel on while Directv is negotiating in good faith. This is just a negotiating tactic the local affiliate is using, which though is definately not nice to us, is within the local affiliate's rights.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
Message 89 of 2,099
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

If your DIRECTV account has recently moved into myAT&T, let us help you manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T.

Additional Support