Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Channels removed from DIRECTV lineup (January 2017)

Scholar

Channels removed from DIRECTV lineup (January 2017)

I am done with Directv!!! I pay alot of money to have your service and you pull this crap!! I am tired of you putting the consumer in the middle of your fight with the local stations without any compensation for the days that we are without local channels.  Lucky that the Patriots are playing on another channel!!!  My New Years resolution is to DUMP Directv.

Message 108 of 2,099
Teacher

Re: ABC

Don't blame you. I'll switch to streaming apps since I can watch then on my phone or tablet, and half of my bill won't be for equipment. This is ridiculous. See ya DirecTv.

Message 60 of 2,099
ACE - Expert

Re: WISN ABC get it fixed

How about you sign the contract and pay the higher cost for your free channels? Local affiliates when aren't making the revenue they need from advertisers, demand higher costs from tv providers (Directv, Dish, Fios, Uverse, TWC, Comcast, Cableone, other cable providers) for channels you get free over-the-air. So Directv not just saying yes to the higher cost, pulling money from resources that matter or putting more cost on our bill, is for our benefit. In about 99% of cases Directv has negotiations resolved before the channel owners decide to turn their channel off to try to leverage the customer into caving into a higher cost. And in the rest of those cases the channels are usually back on in a relatively short time, which yes could be a few days but that is considering companies of this size going through new agreements.

So watch the channels you actually pay for, use an over-the-air antenna, but either way be patient if you don't want to fork over the extra cost yourself.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 61 of 2,099
Teacher

Re: Direct losing NBC?

Unfortunately, not everyone can receive the "free broadcast" channels due to location or possibly being in a valley. PAy more...yea right.  The ONLY way DirecTv is going to get ABC and NBC stations back is if they jack up our monthly bill to cover their fee to those networks. Either way, we pay!

Message 62 of 2,099
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Local channels being removed

Don't blame the local channels! Blame AT&T! We have had DirecTV for years and never had issues!! Then AT&T took them over and now we're having the same issues the cable companies have - hmmmm, I wonder why? GREED!!
Tags (1)
Message 63 of 2,099
Teacher

Re: WISN ABC get it fixed

Not everyone lives close enough to a major city to get those "over-the-air" free channels, which is why they lean towards DirecTv, Comcast, FIOS, etc. If DirecTv negotiates those channels back, guaranteed we'll all pay more each month for it. The popular streaming apps will save a lot of money for everyone and the ridiculous equipment fees will be eliminated. Half the cost, same channels, no equipment fees and availability from mobile devices (which DirecTv says you can, but can't do most channels) would benefit everyone rather than this blindsided, unannounced removal.

Message 64 of 2,099
ACE - Expert

Re: Local channels being removed

@Math-Guy  The FCC will not allow DTV or any other rebroadcasters to provide any channels that are not in your DMA without a wavier from the local stations which they will not give you just because there is a contract dispute.

@Anonymous  These contract disputes happen to all rebroadcasters and DTV has had channels removed before and will again and you are right the stations greed is the cause.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 65 of 2,099
Contributor

No WJAX

I have been with DirecTV since 1999 & have had it with this crap. What I pay is outrageous, but I have put up with it, but this just might be the straw that broke the camels back. I go to watch WJAX 47(one of my favorite Stations) & find it is no longer on DirecTV.???? I can not get local channels any other way because of where I live. What are you going to do about this??? BTW Nice way to start the New Year! Thanks for nothing!!!!!

Message 66 of 2,099
Tutor

Re: Where are local channels?

Even if our local stations are off ...Can you provide us with NBC programming elsewhere,,,other than the local programs

Message 67 of 2,099
Teacher

Re: No WJAX

I sympathize with you. Lost ABC and NBC is supposed to be gone at 3:00AM EST. One poster keeps defending DirecTv stating that "ABC and NBC are free, so you don't really pay for those. Get them over the air". Garbage. Not everyone is in range for that and NO ONE was warned of this loss. Of course, the old "channel lineup subject to change" line will be thrown back at us, but you'd think loyal customers would have had some warning. Streaming apps, here we come!

Message 68 of 2,099
Tutor

Programming

I just renewed my  subscription for Direct TV.   The plan I have list ABC, local channel. I pay my bill as promised, I expect Direct to keep their 's. I should not be caught between you and ABC! Do whatever you have to to deliver my channel as promised. We all deal with our own business, keep your 's in your own house and leave my channels alone or let me out of my new contract so I can move on.

Message 69 of 2,099
Tutor

nbc program availability

While the local stations are blacked out can Direct TV provide another statin where we can get regular NBC programs other than the local programs?

Message 70 of 2,099
Teacher

Local Channels Removed

I am an AT&T retiree and know first hand how bad their customer service has gotten for ALL of their services. When they bought DirecTV, I was fearful that my TV service was going to go down hill. Well, they just continue to demonstrate how incredibly greedy and selfish they are, with no regard for their customers and customer service. The local Orlando NBC (WESH) was taken off the air tonight, and it appears that the ABC channel (WFTV) will be removed at 3:00 A.M., simply to get more money. I really liked my DirecTV service since moving to this area, but I just knew that once AT&T became a player, all that was going to change. Unfortunately, AT&T did NOT disappoint.

Message 71 of 2,099
Teacher

Re: No WJAX

Things were fine until AT&T bought DirecTV. Their greed and selfishness combined with their deplorable customer service just continues to amaze me!

Message 72 of 2,099
Tutor

NBC programing

Direct TV should at least provide us with NBC programing on another station.,,,even if we can't get localprogramming.  Is this possible and if so what is the stataion number?

Message 73 of 2,099
ACE - Expert

Re: NBC programing

FCC regulations prohibit DirecTV from providing an out-of-area NBC station during any contract disputes.  

For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Message 74 of 2,099
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

If your DIRECTV account has recently moved into myAT&T, let us help you manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T.

Additional Support