Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Channels removed from DIRECTV lineup (January 2017)

Scholar

Channels removed from DIRECTV lineup (January 2017)

I am done with Directv!!! I pay alot of money to have your service and you pull this crap!! I am tired of you putting the consumer in the middle of your fight with the local stations without any compensation for the days that we are without local channels.  Lucky that the Patriots are playing on another channel!!!  My New Years resolution is to DUMP Directv.

Message 108 of 2,099
Tutor

Will I get a discount on the next bill since NBC is no longer available?? Please respond !!!

Will I get a discount on the next bill since NBC is no longer available ?  Please respond!

Message 45 of 2,099
Contributor

Re: WISN ABC get it fixed

We pay way too much money for Direct TV not to have ABC!!! If this problem is not fixed I will make sure I let everyone know how bad your service is and dont every get Direct TV! I will be more than happy to cancel my service with this company if this issue isnt fixed!! I have had nothing but issues with this company since the start. Between the lies the sales man gave us,  my bill always changing and now losing ABC I am so done with Direct TV. Can't until my contract is up so we can get rid of your service. If this contract issue with ABC isn't fixed we plan to just cancel early!

Message 46 of 2,099
Contributor

KCRA Ch 3 & 58 no longer working?!

What happened to KCRA Channel 3 & 58?? This evening they are suddenly no longer working (and they were earlier today) with the following screen message:

"The owner of this channel has removed it from the DIRECTV line-up despite our repeated requsts to keep it avaiable to you.

Please visit DirectgPromise.com for the latest and most accurate information on this station's return"

However, the www.directvpromise.com site is not working.

Message 47 of 2,099
Contributor

Re: Direct losing NBC?

NBC disappeared shortly after the ball dropped for us also. Tried the Directvpromise.com link, but it's a dead end. They need to fix this as 80% of what we watch is on the local NBC affiliate WXII. Great way to start 2017...........

Message 48 of 2,099
Contributor

Why is Channel 3 KCRA NBC not on my channel lineup

NBC Channel 3 KCRA in Sacramento, Ca is no longer on my line up, WHY?

Message 49 of 2,099
Teacher

Agreed. Lost ABC and supposed to lose NBC at 3:00am EST. If this happens, they're gonna lose out big time.

Message 50 of 2,099
ACE - Expert

Re: Appalled

There is no charge for local channels so of course the bill will not go down. Directv's point is why should the bill go up (by the local charging more) for channels you could get free over-the-air? So in this case I want Directv to stand their ground. So you can use an antanane to get your free locals in the meantime while they get this sorted out. Also that has the added benefit of picking up any additional locals within range that Directv either does not have an agreement for, or that the FCC considers out of market based on address for satellite which is "spot beamed."

So Directv is refusing to pay increased costs for channels you could get free otherwise. After all, would you prefer them to cave and you pick up the higher cost? I think not.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 51 of 2,099
Contributor

Re: ABC

Mine just went off tonight New Years Eve! Along with CW channel 29.  This is absolutely ridiculous.. I don't know how they can allow a major

channel to just stop broadcasting..   I'm switching back to Cable.

Message 52 of 2,099
Contributor

I have zero use for Direct TV witout ABC and NBC programming since 95% of my TV viewing is on those channels.  When I signed up with Direct TV I inquired about having access to East Coast time zone for programming and was advised that it was not possible...so cant understand why I am subject to East Coast time zone npw!!!! Not the way I planned to begin my New Year...very disappointing and despite what you say about switcing to other carriers, I feel that Direct TV's failure to provide these channels is a breach of contract. Deep down I know that returing to Direct TV was a mistake!

Message 53 of 2,099
ACE - Expert

Re: Where are local channels?

Directv is negotiating to avoid paying higher costs for local channels that you could get free by an over-the-air antanae. Only the channel owner who has the broadcast rights may turn off the channel. It is unfortunate that they are not choosing to stay on while negotiating with Directv, but this happens sometimes where a network wants to try to "hold customers hostage" to get more money, which means higher bills for the customer. So by Directv not caving to the higher cost demands, they are keeping up with the Directv Promise that you referenced.

If you would like to sign an agreement with Directv that you will pay the higher cost yourself, go ahead. Otherwise be patient while Directv stays strong for them and us.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 54 of 2,099
Voyager

Local channels being removed

I blame my 2 local channels for not agreeing with DirecTV, but if I am not going to be able to watch my local ABC and NBC channels, shouldn't DirecTV unblock the national ABC and NBC channels until the disputes are settled?

Message 55 of 2,099
ACE - Expert

Negotiations are a two way street. Both sides have to agree. The local affiliate choosing not to stay on while Directv is still negotating in good faith is unfortuante, but it is the affiliate owner's right. Why don't you call the local affiliate and tell them you are willing to sign an agreement to pay the higher cost yourself to get the channel on right now? Otherwise be patient and watch the channels you are actually paying for through Directv. Remember, local over-the-air channels are a free broadcast, why have the bill higher for something free? So I say let Directv keep working on keeping the cost from rising so we don't see some spillover onto our bills.

Message 56 of 2,099
ACE - Expert

Re: ABC

It is the channels that own the programs not DTV or the other rebroadcasters to do what they want.

Message 57 of 2,099
Teacher

Rumor was they were only losing ABC, but NBC as well by 3:00am EST??? You kidding me???  As Ttatum stated, I have no use for Directv if that happens. There's quite a few streaming services that are less than 1/2 the cost, and half of my bill goes towards equipment right now, which I don't need with the streaming sites. DirecTv is losing big time and DVR or not, I'd rather wartch those shows on-demand thru a streaming site than put up with this crap! My bill was just raised a few months ago, now you take away 2 national channels??? Nah...you can have it all back.

Message 58 of 2,099
Contributor

NBC is off

NBC went off air at 12 am Jan 1. This is one of my most watched channels. I want it back!!!

Message 59 of 2,099
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

If your DIRECTV account has recently moved into myAT&T, let us help you manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T.

Additional Support