Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Channels removed from DIRECTV lineup (January 2017)

Scholar

Channels removed from DIRECTV lineup (January 2017)

I am done with Directv!!! I pay alot of money to have your service and you pull this crap!! I am tired of you putting the consumer in the middle of your fight with the local stations without any compensation for the days that we are without local channels.  Lucky that the Patriots are playing on another channel!!!  My New Years resolution is to DUMP Directv.

Message 108 of 2,099
Contributor

no abc

I need to know solution to this problem I will say ABC is a college football channel and if I do not have it by August 19, 2019 I will drop DirectTV and go Spectrum

Message 2041 of 2,099
ACE - Expert

Re: no abc

@paudaw wrote:

I need to know solution to this problem I will say ABC is a college football channel and if I do not have it by August 19, 2019 I will drop DirectTV and go Spectrum

The solution is a regular antenna to get the free broadcast. If you have the 2nd or 3rd generation Genie (HR44 or HR54), call DirecTV and see if they can order you a Local Channel Connector (LCC). This accessory allows you to connect antenna to your DirecTV box so you don't have to keep switching inputs, plus can still record from those channels. Comes with a simple indoor antenna included, but you can use your own if preferred. Stock may be limited so good luck.

DirecTV and the local affiliate owner (assuming Nexstar as that is the big one right now) are negotiating for their next carriage deal. DirecTV cannot force Nexstar to return their ABC station.

Switching doesn't make you immune to the situation. Would you switch again if/when Spectrum goes through the same thing? All TV providers go through negotiations. This is just DirecTV's turn with that exact station owner.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2042 of 2,099
Contributor

Access WB on Direct TV

When will WB be back on Direct TV San Antonio?

Message 2043 of 2,099

Well, of course, this could happen with another cable/satellite company, negotiations go on all the time. I've been a customer since 2007 and I've never seen any disruption last this long. Is Nexstar just that hardheaded or is it Directv? Over a month is too long and for me personally, I'm out three channels including my NBC main station. Here's another problem, you can offer up whatever you want to assist people with getting reception, but no matter how good your in house antenna is, if you don't have a line of sight to their tower, you don't get the reception. That's the unfortunate situation that I'm in so please settle this problem because I'm really considering another vendor. What's the old phrase, the customer is always right!

Message 2044 of 2,099
Professor

@travesiaway wrote:

What's the old phrase, the customer is always right!

That old saw hasn't been a part of customer service in decades, because it's clearly not workable. Case in point, if the customer insists that AT&T is responsible for bringing back a channel, that's wrong because AT&T cannot force a content provider to put their station on its network. Likewise, if a customer demanded that Netflix put "Game of Thrones" on its service, Netflix can't force HBO to do it.

Message 2045 of 2,099

And that's the only phrase that you read on my post, the one about the customer is always right? Wow, didn't read the meat of my post, why don't you address the rest of my statements instead of just saying it's clearly not workable. Maybe Directv should work on their negotiation skills because time is running out. 

Message 2046 of 2,099
Contributor

No Seattle Seahawks games for Spokane DTV subscribers

I live in WA state.  I've had DTV for about 20 years.  There is a dispute between the local FOX - KAYU - station and DTV that has gone on for many months.   Most of the Seattle Seahawk games are televised on KAYU.  Even if the NFL Sunday Ticket includes that station, I cannot afford the additional cost.   It's bad enough that I haven't been able to watch KAYU for months but now, the football season is starting.    Is there any hope of getting to see the Seahawk games for me?

Message 2047 of 2,099
ACE - Expert

Re: No Seattle Seahawks games for Spokane DTV subscribers

@Desiandwalter wrote:

I live in WA state.  I've had DTV for about 20 years.  There is a dispute between the local FOX - KAYU - station and DTV that has gone on for many months.   Most of the Seattle Seahawk games are televised on KAYU.  Even if the NFL Sunday Ticket includes that station, I cannot afford the additional cost.   It's bad enough that I haven't been able to watch KAYU for months but now, the football season is starting.    Is there any hope of getting to see the Seahawk games for me?

Until NexStar, KAYU's owner, lets DirecTV again carry their signal, you only have a few options ....

1. Get an off-air antenna connected to your TV to view KAYU the "old fashioned" way for FREE

2. Watch those games at a friends house or sports bar

3. Change providers (although that's only a temporary fix because all providers go through this mess)

In the meantime, contact NexStar and tell them to settle.  They're shooting themselves in the foot by depriving local businesses of advertisement viewers.  And ask them why providers like DirecTV and Comcast should pay them anything for FREE over-the-air channels. 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2048 of 2,099

No Seattle Seahawks games for Spokane DTV subscribers

The NFL Sunday ticket blocks out local games

Message 2049 of 2,099
ACE - Expert

Re: No Seattle Seahawks games for Spokane DTV subscribers

For anyone still confused:

NFL Sunday Ticket is for games during the season that are out-of-market for your service address.

Games during the season that are in-market are shown on a local channel.

Negotiations where the feed has been pulled from DirecTV, such as stations owned by Nexstar Media Group, does not change whether the game is on the NFL ST or a local channel.

If a game is shown on your local channel, and DirecTV doesn't have that channel at the moment because of negotiations, then the alternative is using a regular antenna on the TV to pick up the local (if you are within signal range).

Message 2050 of 2,099
Contributor

Not getting what I pay for

when will the problem of not having local channels end this is ridiculous.it has been going on for way to long.I signed up for certain channels and not getting what I was supposed to get.and my bill went up so I had to call because you would not have caught it.So what I want to know is WHEN is this Going To be fixed. 

Message 2051 of 2,099
ACE - Expert

Re: Not getting what I pay for

When DirecTV and Nexstar come to an agreement. There is no way to know more specifically then that until it happens. No guaranteed time that both side say they agree.

Message 2052 of 2,099
Tutor

No cbs in Greenville southcarolina

Im getting a connector 

Message 2053 of 2,099

Re: No cbs in Greenville southcarolina

QuarryRye, just thought I would mention that I've read many posts from out of state on Facebook. They specifically mention Directv and are clearly fed up with the service, many have gone to Dish and are clearly upset with how long the negotiations have gone on with Nexstar. How long are you going to defend them, this has clearly upset people enough to leave and go somewhere else? Directv needs to negotiate and settle this now.........Leaving soon! 

Message 2054 of 2,099
ACE - Expert

Re: No cbs in Greenville southcarolina

@travesiaway wrote:

QuarryRye, just thought I would mention that I've read many posts from out of state on Facebook. They specifically mention Directv and are clearly fed up with the service, many have gone to Dish and are clearly upset with how long the negotiations have gone on with Nexstar. How long are you going to defend them, this has clearly upset people enough to leave and go somewhere else? Directv needs to negotiate and settle this now.........Leaving soon! 

I don't think AT&T really cares if people leave because of these contract disputes. The same thing will eventually happen to Dish, Comcast, etc. customers because they all go through this. DirecTV actually has a better track record than most providers in settling these quickly.  It's highly unusual for one to drag out as long as NexStar has dragged this out.  Perhaps AT&T just figures some of those customers will come back when the same thing happens with their new providers. 

Message 2055 of 2,099
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

If your DIRECTV account has recently moved into myAT&T, let us help you manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T.

Additional Support