Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Channels removed from DIRECTV lineup (January 2017)

Scholar

Channels removed from DIRECTV lineup (January 2017)

I am done with Directv!!! I pay alot of money to have your service and you pull this crap!! I am tired of you putting the consumer in the middle of your fight with the local stations without any compensation for the days that we are without local channels.  Lucky that the Patriots are playing on another channel!!!  My New Years resolution is to DUMP Directv.

Message 108 of 2,061
Teacher

Re: My local channel missing

same for me.  it is so frustrating..

Message 1921 of 2,061
Contributor

where is ABC ??

Looking to when we might get ABC back on Direct; didnt mind waiting a bit but this is getting ridiculous!!!  We have no other way of seeing ABC !!

Message 1922 of 2,061
Mentor

Re: Local channels

@litzdog911 What corporations would that be that use the airwaves for FREE???

Message 1923 of 2,061
Teacher

Re: Local channels

An employee said that i will be Ban from the Forum for speaking my mind??  Have we become a dictatorship already???Rump's goal.

Well, all I have to say that all my complaining has worked. 

I called Direct TV to discontinue my service and guess what....  They are sending me a box that will allow me to connect to LOCAL stations FREE, 

AND they are discounting my bill by 25.00  I am happy now.  I hope a lot a readers see this post.

Message 1924 of 2,061
ACE - Expert

Re: where is ABC ??

ABC will be back whenever their owners return the feed to DTV.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 1925 of 2,061
Contributor

I don’t believe Directv. I’ve watched other channels be pulled only to pay more for getting the channels back. I for one, honestly am willing to pay more to get my FOX and CBS station back. It’s just a reality of the times. I have been contemplating cutting the cord completely vs just switching to Xfinity. Unfortunately in my area, even with an antenna to help pull in local stations, I can’t get FOX or CBS. If it weren’t for the fact I prefer the local news on those stations and the handiness of the Geni I’d be long gone already. 

Message 1926 of 2,061
ACE - Expert

@Glosmenagerie wrote:

I don’t believe Directv. I’ve watched other channels be pulled only to pay more for getting the channels back. I for one, honestly am willing to pay more to get my FOX and CBS station back. It’s just a reality of the times. I have been contemplating cutting the cord completely vs just switching to Xfinity. Unfortunately in my area, even with an antenna to help pull in local stations, I can’t get FOX or CBS. If it weren’t for the fact I prefer the local news on those stations and the handiness of the Geni I’d be long gone already. 

You might be willing to pay more, but most folks are not. I'm not. The subscriptions are already too expensive. 

For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 1927 of 2,061
Contributor

Re: Contract Dispute with Nexstar

I also sent an email to Nexstar. Thank you for your condescending reply.
Message 1928 of 2,061
ACE - Expert

Re: Contract Dispute with Nexstar

@Nexstar7 wrote:
I also sent an email to Nexstar. Thank you for your condescending reply.

Great! What did Nexstar say?

And which "condescending reply" are you referring to?

Message 1929 of 2,061
Contributor

CBS

Will i be getting it back? I only watch 3 channels and pay enough just for that.

Message 1930 of 2,061
ACE - Expert

Re: CBS

Whenever CBS decides to return the feed.  How much more do you want to pay to get it back?

Message 1931 of 2,061
Contributor

Well that was rude; it DOES take two, you know ! Have a blessed day !!
Message 1932 of 2,061
Contributor

Well that was rude; it DOES take TWO parties to reach an acceptable solution, you know ! Have a blessed day !!
Message 1933 of 2,061
Contributor

Two days to fix or I’m gone

I don’t care about your disputes.. I want the service I expect... I’m sure ATT and Diirectv overly paid execs can absorb the dollar a month 

Message 1934 of 2,061
ACE - Expert

Re: Two days to fix or I’m gone

@DPD757 wrote:

I don’t care about your disputes.. I want the service I expect... I’m sure ATT and Diirectv overly paid execs can absorb the dollar a month 

$1 here, $1 there, $1 everywhere Smiley Happy

Sure, let's have DirecTV, Comcast, Dish and others just "absorb the dollar a month".  And then magically our rates won't go up. You're living in a fantasy world. 

Here's a suggestion. File a complaint with the FCC. Ask that the FCC allow service providers to deliver another network station instead. That would stop this BS in a heartbeat. After all, these corporations get to use our public airwaves for FREE!

Message 1935 of 2,061
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

If your DIRECTV account has recently moved into myAT&T, let us help you manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T.

Additional Support