Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Channels removed from DIRECTV lineup (January 2017)

Scholar

Channels removed from DIRECTV lineup (January 2017)

I am done with Directv!!! I pay alot of money to have your service and you pull this crap!! I am tired of you putting the consumer in the middle of your fight with the local stations without any compensation for the days that we are without local channels.  Lucky that the Patriots are playing on another channel!!!  My New Years resolution is to DUMP Directv.

Message 108 of 2,099
Teacher

Re: Are You Crazy!?!

Absolutely!! One poster here has been defending DirecTv, stating that NBC and ABC are free, over-the-air channels and we don't pay for those. Garbage!! Bottom line, we pay for ALL of the channels in our packages and DirecTv pays royalties to have NBC and ABC available, especially for those who can't receive those "over-the-air" signals. So, we are paying for those channels. Either bring them back, or we'll move to Sling and/or PSVue, which is 1/2 the cost and NO equipment fees!! Never expected this after being an 8-year customer!

Message 136 of 2,099
Tutor

Re: Direct losing NBC?

Nbc is gone from directv as of today. We are in Cincinnati. Ridiculous
Message 137 of 2,099

Not true I lost my abc and NBC feed at midnight New Years Eve without warning. I'm very disappointed in how Direct tv warned there viewers and we lost two Major networks. When I call they have no deadline as to when the issue will be resolved and all I got was "I'm sorry ma'am for this inconvenience but you can follow our website for any updates." This is also a joke because the website is poorly constructed and doesn't offer much information. I'm thinking of swirltching to Comcast due to this issue. I suggest some of you do as well. I think they should credit my account for there inability to negotiate money.
Message 138 of 2,099
Contributor

No NBC Network

What happen to our local channel 3 station NBC, did NBC dump direct tv?

FUBAR Direct TV

Message 139 of 2,099
Tutor

Re: LOSING CBS

I am also worried about that....switching and then they immediately drop them.  I am going to look into antenna's, thanks!

Message 140 of 2,099
Contributor

NE Florida CBS and FOX

Please bring back our stations immediately. You risk losing customers in an already tenuous environment. I pay you big bucks to watch a very small percentage of your stations only because I have to.  Please don't give me reason to switch. 

Message 141 of 2,099
Teacher

@shannon02  I understand, really, but my issue is that many loyal customers received NO warning about this, many shows, sports, etc. are on those prime channels which are no longer part of the lineup and now we're going to end up paying more just to get them back. Granted, the "over-the-air" antennas can pick them up but it depends on location. Most people who live outside a major area or in a valley can't do that, so they rely on DirecTv, Comcast, verizon, etc. to get those local channels. DirecTv doesn't get ABC and NBC for free, so we ARE paying for those channels since they are in our lineup. I've tried Sling, PSVue and have a Roku so DirecTv is gonna lose a lot of customers. Sling is beta testing Cloud-DVR service so that'll take care of recording issues. DirecTv is ridiculous.

Message 142 of 2,099
Tutor

Directv DID let this happen! I don't have nbc channel and I have directv,.......
Message 143 of 2,099
Tutor

ABC/WSB????

You guys need to get your act together.  Our bill goes up every month by $4 or $5 and now we do not have one of the most basic channels, ABC!!!  Are you kidding me?  Apparently you do not have the customer's best interest at hand.  Time for a change😡

Message 144 of 2,099
Contributor

Re: nbc

If I want to see my Team play football I don't have a choise to PAY for someone besides DIRECTV so I am held hostage to DIRECTV !!! Help Me before the Lion/Greenbay game tonight on NBC

Message 145 of 2,099
Tutor

Sundance and IFC missing this AM

Woke up this am and the Sundance and IFC channels are missing. Was watching them last night.  Tried to call customer service because the web site says call between 8 am and..... but when I call it says they are closed.  Come on!!!  They removed channels without any warning.  Can someone explain this to me?  Oh now If I want to pay a very premium price I can get it back.  I am on a fixed income and I am getting screwed by ATT.  When I signed up these channels were included.  Changing these should void my contract.

Message 146 of 2,099
Teacher

Re: nbc

All providers DO NOT have the same contracts! I lost ABC right after midnight on DirecTv and had to switch over to my basic Comcast cable ABC channel and it's been fine. It's not in HD, but it worked. We all pay for every channel in our package lineup and if ABC and NBC are listed, then WE PAY for them. Rural areas can't get those over-the-air due to distance, plus the DVR is used by many to record a series, but we shouldn't have been blind-sided like this. Regardless of the "all-channels-are-subject-to-change" disclaimers we received, DTV could have had some respect to their loyal customers and provided an email or something to let us all know this was going to happen. Sling, PSVue, Roku...you'll be getting new customers!

Message 147 of 2,099
Tutor

Deleting our local channels

It's a very easy choice, return our local NBC channel and our ABC channel or lose us as a customer.

patty dion

Message 148 of 2,099
Contributor

DirectvPromise.com

Not surprised this morning to wake up to no NBC affiliate.  Yes, you warned us that this could happen.  But your customers pay you to negotiate these contracts before the deadline.   Get your act together and come to a compromise.    My channel says to visit DirectvPromise.com "for the latest and most accurate information on this station's return."   All I get when I try to access this with your fabulous AT&T internet is "forbidden access" to the information.  That leaves me with only the local station information, which makes you look like the fools.   Another example of poor customer service since the AT&T buyout.   Used to love my Directv; now I can't wait to replace it.   Looking at my options today.    As others have said, I think I've figured out my New Year's resolution.  

Message 149 of 2,099
Contributor

Re: Losing NBC local affiliate

And you work for AT.&T. Thank you
Message 150 of 2,099
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

If your DIRECTV account has recently moved into myAT&T, let us help you manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T.

Additional Support