Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Channels removed from DIRECTV lineup (January 2017)

Scholar

Channels removed from DIRECTV lineup (January 2017)

I am done with Directv!!! I pay alot of money to have your service and you pull this crap!! I am tired of you putting the consumer in the middle of your fight with the local stations without any compensation for the days that we are without local channels.  Lucky that the Patriots are playing on another channel!!!  My New Years resolution is to DUMP Directv.

Message 108 of 2,199
ACE - Expert

Re: NBC

@FootballFan73 wrote:
That is life. Satellite, cable, food, cars, movies, my salary, and hopefully yours all increase. I don’t mind paying for service. Problem is now I’m paying and not getting the service. Guess I’ll have to pay someone else for the service

You can certainly switch providers. But it will happen to them, too. Then will you just keep switching?

For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2191 of 2,199
Mentor

Nope because it won't happen with Suddenlink.  We were with them before and it never happened to a channel like cbs before that was this important.  They aren't like at&t which always screws the customers.   We have bad experiences with them from wireless, dtv, and even on the business side with their lines.   

Message 2192 of 2,199
ACE - Expert

@nizmoz wrote:

Nope because it won't happen with Suddenlink.  We were with them before and it never happened to a channel like cbs before that was this important.  They aren't like at&t which always screws the customers.   We have bad experiences with them from wireless, dtv, and even on the business side with their lines.   

Right .....

But once upon a time they were CableVision, and CableVision has had several of these disputes, too.  Nobody is immune ....

https://www.americantelevisionalliance.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/Retrans-Blackouts-2010-2019-.p...

Anyways, hope you're right.  And if you are right, then it's only because they're willing to pay whatever these corporations demand, and that will jack up their rates. 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2193 of 2,199
Mentor

Looks like we won't find out.  We are staying with DTV now.  Suddenlink came out last weekend and didn't have the right boxes.  So they rescheduled for this weekend between 1-5pm.  Now we got notification they won't be here till 7-9:30pm tonight.  Not happening.  We canceled and won't be switching.  Their loss.

Thankfully our channel is back for now.

Message 2194 of 2,199
ACE - Expert

@nizmoz wrote:

Looks like we won't find out.  We are staying with DTV now.  Suddenlink came out last weekend and didn't have the right boxes.  So they rescheduled for this weekend between 1-5pm.  Now we got notification they won't be here till 7-9:30pm tonight.  Not happening.  We canceled and won't be switching.  Their loss.

Thankfully our channel is back for now.

So Suddenlink has customer support issues, too. What a surprise. 

Message 2195 of 2,199
Mentor

They didn't use to be like that. Oh well. They are all crappy. 

Message 2196 of 2,199
ACE - Expert

@nizmoz wrote:

They didn't use to be like that. Oh well. They are all crappy. 

DirecTV didn't used to be like that, either Smiley Sad

Message 2197 of 2,199
Contributor

local channels

If Directv is not going to get channel 15 local channel back you need to manufacture a local channel connector for the Genie 2 DVR.

Message 2198 of 2,199
Contributor

Re: When Will DIRECTV bring back NBC in Sacramento area?

4 months now. 

And all the New shows started 2 weeks ago..

.uverse and Direct tv is uncalled for.

I would pay a extra 25.00 to have my NBC back. I'm going to Dish if it's not back in the program on the next couple weeks 

At least Dish got the stations back..They care about their customer . Unlike Direct tv Uverse and ATT.

Message 2199 of 2,199
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

If your DIRECTV account has recently moved into myAT&T, let us help you manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T.

Additional Support