Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Channels removed from DIRECTV lineup (January 2017)

Scholar

Channels removed from DIRECTV lineup (January 2017)

I am done with Directv!!! I pay alot of money to have your service and you pull this crap!! I am tired of you putting the consumer in the middle of your fight with the local stations without any compensation for the days that we are without local channels.  Lucky that the Patriots are playing on another channel!!!  My New Years resolution is to DUMP Directv.

Message 108 of 2,199
ACE - Expert

Re: CW channel

Until the owner returns the feed there is no fix.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2101 of 2,199
Tutor

When will CBS be back in my lineup

I have been informed the the dispute is resolved, but that it may take a few days to get CBS back in our lineup. How long is that?? It’s been a week since I was told that. 😡

Message 2102 of 2,199
Teacher

Re: When will CBS be back in my lineup

I hope that is true. I also need back my FOX station to watch my NFL games.

Message 2103 of 2,199
ACE - Expert

The negotiation with CBS itself is complete. This only covers stations that CBS directly owns, which also includes the Smithsonian channel.

The negotiation with Nexstar, an affiliate owner of some CBS stations hasn't finished yet. So these CBS stations are not yet back.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2104 of 2,199
Tutor

We never lost FOX. Just CBS and NBC. Craziness.
Message 2105 of 2,199
Teacher

Re: Still can't get NBC

I have been without FOX channel for 7 weeks and 3 days.  The local NFL games that I want to see are on this channel. I hope they get it settled by the start of the NFL.

Message 2106 of 2,199
Scholar

When will Fox be provided?

“The misinformation campaign began when AT&T indicated that “Nexstar pulled 120 of its local broadcast stations…” Nexstar said in a statement. “Nexstar did not pull its stations or ask for their removal from AT&T’s DirecTV, U-verse or DirecTV Now platforms. Rather, Nexstar’s offer for a 30 day extension would have allowed consumers in the affected markets to continue viewing their favorite network shows, special events, sports, local news and other programming while the parties continue negotiations.”

It also said that AT&T claimed that Nexstar had been involved in blackouts with Cox Cable, DISH Network, Charter Spectrum “and others.” “In fact, Nexstar has never had DISH Network or Charter Spectrum remove its stations from their consumer video offerings,” Nexstar said.

Tags (2)
Message 2107 of 2,199

Giving Serious Thought To Dumping DirectTV

I'm seriously considering dumping DirectTV in favor of Dish. Why is that you might wonder? Because of some dispute between DirectTV and the Fox network (or who ever runs it), I have not been able to receive my local Fox affiliate or channel 28. This has been going one since at least March of this year, with no end in sight.

Normally I would not really give it much though, since there is very little I find worth watching on Fox 28, with one exception. The Seattle Seahawks football games. Now there are 4 preseason games, all broadcast on Fox 28. Last nights 3rd preseason game was listed as also being broadcast on DirectTV NFL network, but that was blacked out. So I'll miss all the preseason games.

There are 16 regular season games. Ten of those are to be broadcast on Fox 28, so I'll miss all off them. Two are scheduled to be broadcast on The NFL channel, ESPN and/or Amazon. If a preseason game was blacked out on the NFL channel, I have no reason to believe those 2 games will not also be blacked out.

That leaves four regular season games remaining, two on CBS and two on NBC that I might actually be able to watch, since those 2 channels, at least for now, have not been blocked by Fox/DirectTV.

I live in an apartment, in a rural farming community, sixty miles from "the big city". I have tried using an over the air antenna, one provided at no cost by DirectTV and a better one I ordered through Amazon, but neither one worked. I simply can not get the antenna high enough to pull in the OTA signal from 60 miles away. My DirectTV dish is mounted on a pole at ground level, of an approximate 4 foot height and I don't have any trouble pulling down the satellite signal, except during really bad weather, not a major concern here.  

I have not had occasion to find fault with the service provided by DirectTV, I've been satisfied until now. Customer loyalty is not a big concern for me. I do business with the company who can provide me with the services I want, at a competitive price. As of right now, that company is not DirectTV.

Message 2108 of 2,199
Contributor

When will we get channel 4, NBC back? We are ready to switch back to Dish!! This has gone on way t

When will we get channel 4, NBC back?  We are ready to switch back to Dish!  This has gone on way too long!

Message 2109 of 2,199
ACE - Expert

Re: Giving Serious Thought To Dumping DirectTV

@kdog509adam75 wrote:

I'm seriously considering dumping DirectTV in favor of Dish. Why is that you might wonder? Because of some dispute between DirectTV and the Fox network (or who ever runs it), I have not been able to receive my local Fox affiliate or channel 28. This has been going one since at least March of this year, with no end in sight.

Normally I would not really give it much though, since there is very little I find worth watching on Fox 28, with one exception. The Seattle Seahawks football games. Now there are 4 preseason games, all broadcast on Fox 28. Last nights 3rd preseason game was listed as also being broadcast on DirectTV NFL network, but that was blacked out. So I'll miss all the preseason games.

There are 16 regular season games. Ten of those are to be broadcast on Fox 28, so I'll miss all off them. Two are scheduled to be broadcast on The NFL channel, ESPN and/or Amazon. If a preseason game was blacked out on the NFL channel, I have no reason to believe those 2 games will not also be blacked out.

That leaves four regular season games remaining, two on CBS and two on NBC that I might actually be able to watch, since those 2 channels, at least for now, have not been blocked by Fox/DirectTV.

I live in an apartment, in a rural farming community, sixty miles from "the big city". I have tried using an over the air antenna, one provided at no cost by DirectTV and a better one I ordered through Amazon, but neither one worked. I simply can not get the antenna high enough to pull in the OTA signal from 60 miles away. My DirectTV dish is mounted on a pole at ground level, of an approximate 4 foot height and I don't have any trouble pulling down the satellite signal, except during really bad weather, not a major concern here.  

I have not had occasion to find fault with the service provided by DirectTV, I've been satisfied until now. Customer loyalty is not a big concern for me. I do business with the company who can provide me with the services I want, at a competitive price. As of right now, that company is not DirectTV.

You can switch providers, but it's not a permanent fix. All TV providers go through these crazy contract negotiations for stations that are FREE over-the-air. Makes no sense to me. 

Message 2110 of 2,199
ACE - Expert

Re: When will we get channel 4, NBC back? We are ready to switch back to Dish!! This has gone on w

@Lonokeark1 wrote:

When will we get channel 4, NBC back?  We are ready to switch back to Dish!  This has gone on way too long!

Certainly one of the longest disputes to hit AT&T/DirecTV. Just realize that NexStar, the corporation that owns NBC 4, is the hold out here. They're demanding more money than AT&T wants to pay. This is becoming an all-too-common tactic from greedy station owner corporations as they try to make up for declining viewership and advertising revenue. They're killing the cable/satellite industry, and themselves.  What sense does it make for TV providers to pay for FREE over-the-air channels?

Switching to Dish won't help for very long. All TV providers go through this. Do your research because Dish has a worse track record than DirecTV in settling these things quickly. 

Message 2111 of 2,199
ACE - Expert

Local channels that are unavailable right now are owned by Nexstar. You can double check https://tvpromise.att.com/ to be sure for your zip code.

It is just negotiations for the next carriage deal. They haven't come to an agreement yet so cannot provide the channel until that happens. It is theorized that Nexstar is leveraging customers against AT&T/DirecTV because of the NFL season coming up. It is a valid negotiating tactic, but really dislike when they do this.

I don't want to pay more for locals that are free over the air, regardless if they are mine or another area's. We don't get our bill tailored for our specific locals, but the cost is evened out across all customers. So Nexstar negotiation affects even those not in their markets because of this. Each yearly price adjustment is factored by all the prior negotiations with each channel. They all add up.

Changing TV providers will not save you long term. This can, and does on occasion, happen with each of them. They don't own the channels, so none of them are immune. This is merely DirecTV's turn. Since their agreements are kept private, only available to those involved in the negotiation itself (so not any agent you would talk to), it is unknown when their agreement with Dish comes up. It would be quite bad if it happens shortly after switching, as such a situation has happened to some in the past. Staying or switching is a risk either way. But at least once current agreement is settled, then it should be a couple years or longer before it would happen again for that exact channel, as opposed to switching and then chancing that Dish goes through the same hassle within the next year (or next few months, who knows).

It is unfortunate that you live in such a rural area that you cannot pick up the free broadcast. I applaud you at least trying a better antenna with DirecTV's LCC kit, as the simple indoor one included is just a starting place.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
Message 2112 of 2,199
ACE - Expert

Re: When will Fox be provided?

You've posted your own "misinformation" in several threads here. 

Do you work for NexStar?

These channels will return when NexStar allows DirecTV and UVerse to carry them. And, at this point, NexStar continues to ask for more $$$ than AT&T is will to pay. I'm on AT&T's side. Greedy station owners like NexStar are killing the cable/satellite TV industry, forcing providers to raise prices, which drives away customers, which impacts TV station advertising revenues. They're killing themselves. And all this because of FREE over-the-stations. It's crazy. 

Message 2113 of 2,199
Teacher

Giving Serious Thought To Dumping DirectTV

I will miss the NFL games also. Directv was very good until AT&T bought them out.  Nexstar and AT&T are getting very greedy. They are starting to lose customers.

Message 2114 of 2,199

Thanks for your well thought out response to my post. You've given me some facts to think over. 

Message 2115 of 2,199
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

If your DIRECTV account has recently moved into myAT&T, let us help you manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T.

Additional Support