Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Channels removed from DIRECTV lineup (January 2017)

Scholar

Channels removed from DIRECTV lineup (January 2017)

I am done with Directv!!! I pay alot of money to have your service and you pull this crap!! I am tired of you putting the consumer in the middle of your fight with the local stations without any compensation for the days that we are without local channels.  Lucky that the Patriots are playing on another channel!!!  My New Years resolution is to DUMP Directv.

Message 108 of 2,198
Mentor

Re: Channels

That antenna dtv sends out doesn’t work and their engineers also flat out have no clue how to make it work.  A guy came out and saw it and said he isn’t touching it and left.  We have the hr44.  It’s a flat white antenna that plugs into the usb, then two power plugs basically.   Another reason we are leaving because they send us something that no one can get working.  Lol

Message 2086 of 2,198
Mentor

Re: Nexstar?

It is rather sad, i have been an ATT wireless subscriber for well over a
decade. They had always been responsive to my needs and wants. I subscribed
to DirecTV at their invitation over 2 years ago. Once out of contract they
have turned into a monster. Missing a local for almost 6 months and not
dealing at all on price. Sad!
Message 2087 of 2,198

Re: Nexstar dispute

I couldn’t agree with you any more, my wife has iPad and I downloaded the NBC sports app and watched the golf tournament last week and will do it for any NFL games they broadcast until this is settled
Message 2088 of 2,198
Contributor

Local channels

I live in Webster, NY and we have lost two local channels due to contract disputes, I.e. SHOW ME THE MONEY.  We are tempted to leave Direct TV but wondering how others who have lost local channels what are you doing to address it?  We will miss a ton of news coverage on our favorite local station and also lose programs my wife watches each year.  I’ve heard about antennas but Direct TV should pay, yes?

Message 2089 of 2,198
ACE - Expert

Re: Local channels

@yazman wrote:

I live in Webster, NY and we have lost two local channels due to contract disputes, I.e. SHOW ME THE MONEY.  We are tempted to leave Direct TV but wondering how others who have lost local channels what are you doing to address it?  We will miss a ton of news coverage on our favorite local station and also lose programs my wife watches each year.  I’ve heard about antennas but Direct TV should pay, yes?

Call DirecTV to request an account credit .... 1 800 531 5000

Also ask for their free Local Channel Connector Kit. If you have an HR44/HR54 Genie DVR the LCC will connect to the Genie's USB port and an off-air antenna to provide local stations the "old fashioned" way. 

For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2090 of 2,198
Contributor

Blocked channels

Do you anticipate getting channel 3 back and some of the other channels that have recently been blocked due to negotiations. I am starting to shop around because of this issue. Have been a long time DirecTV customer but getting my local channel is very important to me and I will go with any company that provides that.

Message 2091 of 2,198
Contributor

local FOX station

are we getting back our local FOX (27) station?  football starts soon!!

Message 2092 of 2,198
ACE - Expert

Re: local FOX station

@watchfox wrote:

are we getting back our local FOX (27) station?  football starts soon!!

That's up to NexStar, the corporation that owns Fox27. They're demanding more subscriber $$$ than AT&T is willing to pay (thank you AT&T!).  Greedy station owners are killing the cable/satellite TV business by continually demanding more and more $$$ for stations that many folks get for FREE with an off-air antenna. Have you tried using an off-air antenna to receive Fox 27 the "old fashioned" way?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2093 of 2,198
Contributor

Dispute with Nexstar

I am REALLY missing CBS and other channels. What am I paying for? My DVR records the message about the dispute. Any end in sight? I am going to look for other options.

Message 2094 of 2,198
ACE - Expert

Re: Dispute with Nexstar

@GrandpaPeg wrote:

I am REALLY missing CBS and other channels. What am I paying for? My DVR records the message about the dispute. Any end in sight? I am going to look for other options.

That's up to NexStar, the corporation that owns your CBS station. They're demanding more subscriber $$$ than AT&T is willing to pay (thank you AT&T!).  Greedy station owners are killing the cable/satellite TV business by continually demanding more and more $$$ for stations that many folks get for FREE with an off-air antenna. Have you tried using an off-air antenna to receive Fox 27 the "old fashioned" way?

Changing providers won't really help because they all go through this craziness. 

Message 2095 of 2,198
Contributor

Changing providers will in fact help this situation.  Nexstar channels have been off of Directv for 6 weeks.  That's ridiculous.  No one negotiates for 6 weeks so it's obviously at a stand still.

I live in the Birmingham market, SEC football comes on CBS and BIrmingham is the largest college football TV market in the country.  Directv is about to lose a ton of subscribers.  I'm giving them one more week before I jump to Dish or YouTube TV.  I have no control over what Nexstar does, so don't bother blaming them.  I can't control that.  I'm a paying customer for Directv.

They have one week starting tomorrow.

Message 2096 of 2,198
ACE - Expert

Re: Blocked channels

@YWhitehill wrote:

Do you anticipate getting channel 3 back and some of the other channels that have recently been blocked due to negotiations. I am starting to shop around because of this issue. Have been a long time DirecTV customer but getting my local channel is very important to me and I will go with any company that provides that.

That's up to NexStar, the corporation that owns Ch3. They're demanding more subscriber $$$ than AT&T is willing to pay (thank you AT&T!).  Greedy station owners are killing the cable/satellite TV business by continually demanding more and more $$$ for stations that many folks get for FREE with an off-air antenna. Have you tried using an off-air antenna to receive Ch3  the "old fashioned" way?

Changing providers won't help because they all go through this craziness.

Message 2097 of 2,198
ACE - Expert

@GrandpaPeg 

This is certainly one of the longer negotiations. Feels like Nexstar is using the upcoming NFL season as additional leverage for continuing or increasing unreasonably high rates. The channels owned by Nexstar will be back when an agreement is reached. In the meantime use a local antenna on your TV, or if you have a 2nd/3rd generation Genie (HR44/HR54) then call DirecTV and get their Local Channel Connector (LCC) kit they have been offering for those affected.

What am I paying for?

You are paying for channel variety, not any specific channels guaranteed. So your package includes access to locals, but those networks just like any other channel are subject to change since DirecTV doesn't own them.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
Message 2098 of 2,198
Contributor

Too far away for off air antenna, not eligible for the Locast app either

Message 2099 of 2,198
Contributor

CW channel

What is being done to view the CW and it's program?

This is a basic station available free over antenna and it is disappointing DirecTV cannot settle an agreement with the CW.

Please fix this and give back the CW.

Message 2100 of 2,198
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

If your DIRECTV account has recently moved into myAT&T, let us help you manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T.

Additional Support