Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Channels removed from DIRECTV lineup (January 2017)

Scholar

Channels removed from DIRECTV lineup (January 2017)

I am done with Directv!!! I pay alot of money to have your service and you pull this crap!! I am tired of you putting the consumer in the middle of your fight with the local stations without any compensation for the days that we are without local channels.  Lucky that the Patriots are playing on another channel!!!  My New Years resolution is to DUMP Directv.

Message 108 of 2,061
ACE - Expert

Re: Two days to fix or I’m gone

This dispute looks like it will be awhile, enjoy your new provider but don’t be shocked when/if the same thing happens to them.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 1936 of 2,061
Contributor

ABC station missing?

Why can't i watch ABC?

Message 1937 of 2,061
Contributor

Re: Two days to fix or I’m gone

You’re probably right.. I just have a hard time figuring out why CEO gets 300 times more salary than average workers, and us average workers have to absorb the buck a month ..
Message 1938 of 2,061
Contributor

No nbc 25 in Isabella county Michigan.

No nbc station for a month or more. I’m one mile from the. County line. They have different nbc there. Why can’t mine be replaced with that channel?

Message 1939 of 2,061
Contributor

Package credit for NBC

Is DirecTV going to credit accounts automatically for NBC being on the channel package since July 3rd? 

Message 1940 of 2,061
ACE - Expert

Re: Package credit for NBC

Nope the clause in the TOS/contract states that channels and programming are subject to change at anytime.  DTV may give you a credit if you call.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 1941 of 2,061
ACE - Expert

Re: No nbc 25 in Isabella county Michigan.

Because the FCC will not allow any provider to replace a local channel.

Message 1942 of 2,061
ACE - Expert

Re: No nbc 25 in Isabella county Michigan.

@Beena18 wrote:

No nbc station for a month or more. I’m one mile from the. County line. They have different nbc there. Why can’t mine be replaced with that channel?

Because the local affiliates heavily lobbied for this to be the Federal regulation. So TV providers are only allowed to provide you the local affiliate for the Designated Market Area (DMA) that you are in, which is determined by your service address.

If this weren't the case, then the locals wouldn't have so much power in these negotiations. TV providers would love to provide an alternate feed, which even though it wouldn't have local specific information, would still provide the programming that a lot of people go nuts over. But as long is the regulation remains this way, locals can heavily use us customers as leverage by removing the feed at negotiation time.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Message 1943 of 2,061
ACE - Expert

Re: Package credit for NBC

@Rbellard wrote:

Is DirecTV going to credit accounts automatically for NBC being on the channel package since July 3rd? 

Automatically no. The package cost is the same for all customers regardless if you have 10, 1, 12, or 32 locals. Only if there were no locals at all, then DirecTV has a no-locals version of the package for those rare areas.

If you call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 to discuss your account, you might get a small discount as a courtesy, or see if your account qualifies for any other discounts regardless of the negotiation itself. There is just no requirement for them to do so because you still have at least 1 local, and like all other TV providers because of situations like this, have in their terms that services (programming, channels, etc.) can change at any time.

Message 1944 of 2,061
Contributor

SHOULD WE BE LOOKING FOR A DIFFERENT TV PROVIDER?

We have been with ATT Directv for only 4 months.  Happy until you put us in the middle of your Greed War with Nexstar.  I would expect as part of your customer service, a weekly update emailed to your customers keeping us informed about our contracted service with you. Not updating only adds to our anger. 

Soooo... where are we at in these "negotiations". 

Another question I have is what compensation will you be giving to your customers?  I checked and to order CBS all access is $5.99/mo.

At this point that seems the only option we have; I would much prefer to keep it simple as we are seniors and not at all into all the 'different' ways to watch a little tv.

(I remember when it was FREE). 

If you cant deliver your end of the services offered then please just say so today, and those of us who desire can look elsewhere for our TV provider.

PS  Since we have only been with you 41/2 months, we will expect our $19.95 one time fee returned. 

Message 1945 of 2,061
ACE - Expert

Re: SHOULD WE BE LOOKING FOR A DIFFERENT TV PROVIDER?

It is still free with an Over The Air(OTA) antenna connected to the TV's digital tuner or if you have an HR44/54 Genie you can call DTV to get their LCC device to add the local channels to the DTV guide.

How is DTV being greedy by not wanting to pay more to renew the contract then having to pass it onto your bill?

There is no credits for when a channel removes their feed as there is a clause that states that the channels and programs are subject to change at anytime but DTV may give you one if you call.

All providers have this problem so you will be moving again when it hits them.

You will be charged the ETF/ECF fees if you cancel before the end of your contract.

Message 1946 of 2,061
Contributor

Channell 6 benn off air too long. Still paying for full bill. How bout a discount? Also channell 500

Channel 6 benn off tooo long, still paying same bill? Also 500 AUD had a music show blacked out sat night. What's up with that, still paying same amount? Need a discount for the loss of programs.

Tv should be free anyway, since we Have to watch comercials, and adds..

Tv suppliers have taken advantage long enough. It's going to be free once again!

Need free movie channels or discount on bill while we are being short changed on channels we had. And why was the blackout on AUD? Adds should pay the bills, the more people watching should increase sales! Why are we paying for watching adds?  How bout some compsation for the loss of channels. I have benn a customer for years!  Bill goes up, tv satisfaction goes down, I don't u derstand?

Message 1947 of 2,061
ACE - Expert

Re: SHOULD WE BE LOOKING FOR A DIFFERENT TV PROVIDER?

@watcherx2 wrote:

We have been with ATT Directv for only 4 months.  Happy until you put us in the middle of your Greed War with Nexstar.  I would expect as part of your customer service, a weekly update emailed to your customers keeping us informed about our contracted service with you. Not updating only adds to our anger. 

Soooo... where are we at in these "negotiations". 

Another question I have is what compensation will you be giving to your customers?  I checked and to order CBS all access is $5.99/mo.

At this point that seems the only option we have; I would much prefer to keep it simple as we are seniors and not at all into all the 'different' ways to watch a little tv.

(I remember when it was FREE). 

If you cant deliver your end of the services offered then please just say so today, and those of us who desire can look elsewhere for our TV provider.

PS  Since we have only been with you 41/2 months, we will expect our $19.95 one time fee returned. 

No reason to send out weekly update email as that would just say "still negotiating". You can always check the current status here anyway: https://tvpromise.att.com/

Compensation is neither automatic or required. The cost of package is the same regardless how many locals you have (4, 10, 43, or even just 1) and doesn't guarantee any specific local to always be there. If you lived in an area with not a single local provided, then there is a no-locals version of the package that is a bit cheaper. But as long as you get one local, the cost is the same as they spread out the cost over all customers and not area specific. You can certainly call DirecTV and see if you might get a discount as a courtesy, but there is no requirement of them to provide one.

I remember when it was free too, and in fact it still is! Plug in a antenna to your TV and get the free broadcasts. Use that as a backup while waiting for negotiations to complete. Because locals are free over the air, I certainly didn't go to DirecTV for the channels I already can get. I went for the many channels that are only available with pay TV.

You "expect" you will be refunded? That is not how it works. You don't get refunded because you demand it. If $19.95 is a delivery charge from your install, then it doesn't get reversed as would be a valid charge. Now if you got a warranty replacement of a box shipped to you within 3 months of your install, then yes the charge should have been waived as that is the only time it is required.

Message 1948 of 2,061
Contributor

hi

When  we get it backimage.jpg

Message 1949 of 2,061
Contributor

MISSING CHANNELS

You are no longer giving us all the channels in our package that we pay for.

Where is our credit for these or what are you going to give us in return??

Message 1950 of 2,061
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

If your DIRECTV account has recently moved into myAT&T, let us help you manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T.

Additional Support