Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Channels removed from DIRECTV lineup (January 2017)

Scholar

Channels removed from DIRECTV lineup (January 2017)

I am done with Directv!!! I pay alot of money to have your service and you pull this crap!! I am tired of you putting the consumer in the middle of your fight with the local stations without any compensation for the days that we are without local channels.  Lucky that the Patriots are playing on another channel!!!  My New Years resolution is to DUMP Directv.

Message 108 of 1,951
Contributor

If we dont get our local stations

If we dont get our local stations by football season i will be cancelling my service and returning my equipment, whether my contract is up or not.and is directtv gonna try to charge early termination fees for them not providing the same service i signed up for?

Message 1666 of 1,951
Highlighted
ACE - Expert

Re: If we dont get our local stations

Your local stations removed their feed to DTV and only they can return them.  DTV delivers sat channels to you not specific channels as there is a clause in the contract that states channels and programming are subject to change at anytime so any ECF is valid.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 1667 of 1,951
ACE - Expert

Re: Discontinuing service after 5 years.

So what is wrong with paying and receiving service until the end of billing cycle?

This is a customer to customer forum if you want official answers call/chat with DTV.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 1668 of 1,951
Contributor

Re: Why am I not able to receive any of the NBC channels now....

What should I do about the package on my acct for all the local channels,,
Message 1669 of 1,951
ACE - Expert

Re: Why am I not able to receive any of the NBC channels now....

@adam49eve54 wrote:
What should I do about the package on my acct for all the local channels,,

Nothing can be done to your package to change what locals you get. You will get the locals when Nexstar and DirecTV come to an agreement. DirecTV cannot force Nexstar to return the feed during negotiations.

The backup option in the meantime is using a regular antenna on your TV to get the free locals within range as normal.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Message 1670 of 1,951
ACE - Expert

Re: If we dont get our local stations

@Jhainsworth wrote:

If we dont get our local stations by football season i will be cancelling my service and returning my equipment, whether my contract is up or not.and is directtv gonna try to charge early termination fees for them not providing the same service i signed up for?

If your contract is not up then of course you will be charged an early termination fee (ECF).

Since TV providers do not own the channels, none of them can guarantee that a channel will always be available. Sometimes the channel is pulled during negotiations (such as with Nexstar), and sometimes channels are completely shutdown where nobody has them (Chiller, Cloo, SoapNet, etc.). So all TV providers have in their terms that channels may change at any time.

(d) Our Programming Changes.

Many factors affect the availability, cost and quality of programming and may influence the decision to raise prices and the amount of any increase. These include, among others, programming and other costs, consumer demand, market and shareholder expectations, and changing business conditions. Accordingly, we reserve the unrestricted right to change, rearrange, add or delete our programming packages, the selections in those packages, our prices, technologies used to deliver the Service, and any other Service we offer, at any time.

Message 1671 of 1,951
ACE - Expert

Re: Channel 4

Your channel 4 removed their feed and only they can return it.

Message 1672 of 1,951
ACE - Expert

Re: Upset Customer

@bouganvilla wrote:

Nexstar said they extended the date to August 2 and you said no. You need to decrease the monthly cost if you are not going to air local stations. Also yesterday, ABC was off air for over an hour because of technical difficulties. I will be calling another satellite company to change service.

If no local stations are provided, then DirecTV would lower the cost as they have a no-locals version of the packages. But whether you have 5, 43, or just 1 local channel then the package cost remains the same. The package doesn't guarantee any specific channel available. TV providers do not own the channels, so cannot force them to stay on. This is why all TV providers (not just DirecTV) have a clause that states channels may change at any time. This is just DirecTV's turn with this particular local owner. They will get to the other TV providers in turn.

(d) Our Programming Changes.

Many factors affect the availability, cost and quality of programming and may influence the decision to raise prices and the amount of any increase. These include, among others, programming and other costs, consumer demand, market and shareholder expectations, and changing business conditions. Accordingly, we reserve the unrestricted right to change, rearrange, add or delete our programming packages, the selections in those packages, our prices, technologies used to deliver the Service, and any other Service we offer, at any time.

Message 1673 of 1,951
Contributor

NBC

When will I get My Channel 4 Back Cause That's the Only Channel I Watch For My News In The morning 

Message 1674 of 1,951
ACE - Expert

Re: NBC

Whenever your channel 4 decides to return the feed.

Message 1675 of 1,951
ACE - Expert

Re: Discontinuing service after 5 years.

@jimswoboda wrote:

Locked in to a lower rate.  Your comments reflect the lack of empathy that is now the face of customer service at Directv.  The policy of charging the full billing cycle is either based on the greed that is ATT/Directv, or they can't afford to hire an accountant who is capable of figuring out how to prorate a bill.  Guarantee you it is greed.  Answer was just another example of the company's profit motivated attitude that tells the customer there is no way ATT/Directv will work with a customer, nor do they care if a customer stays.  Good luck with your business model.

Comments are our own as we do not work for DriecTV/AT&T. We are customers like yourself.

There are many consumers who cannot (or will not) understand prorated billing. So AT&T decided to streamline the cancellation policy for all customers. Personally I did like the old way better, but then I am one who actually reads my bill and strives to understand it. But they are not the first to have such a cancellation policy, and doubt they will be the last. You do get service for the full cycle you are paying for, unless you choose to disconnect your equipment early and then that is on you.

Message 1676 of 1,951
Contributor

ABC channel not working

ABC channel hasn’t come in all morning. Just turns into a black screen when I select it. What is the problem and when will it be fixed?

Message 1677 of 1,951
ACE - Expert

Re: ABC channel not working

What device are you using and what affiliate is the ABC?

Message 1678 of 1,951
Contributor

Channel 56

When are we getting back Channel 56. NBC

Message 1679 of 1,951
ACE - Expert

Re: Channel 56

Whenever they decide to return the feed.

Message 1680 of 1,951
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

If your DIRECTV account has recently moved into myAT&T, let us help you manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T.

Additional Support