Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Channels removed from DIRECTV lineup (January 2017)

Scholar

Channels removed from DIRECTV lineup (January 2017)

I am done with Directv!!! I pay alot of money to have your service and you pull this crap!! I am tired of you putting the consumer in the middle of your fight with the local stations without any compensation for the days that we are without local channels.  Lucky that the Patriots are playing on another channel!!!  My New Years resolution is to DUMP Directv.

Message 108 of 1,951
ACE - Expert

Re: Upset Customer

@bouganvilla wrote:

Nexstar said they extended the date to August 2 and you said no. You need to decrease the monthly cost if you are not going to air local stations. Also yesterday, ABC was off air for over an hour because of technical difficulties. I will be calling another satellite company to change service.

NexStar keeps claiming that DirecTV cut their channels.  That's crazy. What possible incentive would AT&T have to do that? It's NexStar that decides when to cut their feed. And NexStar is the corporation demanding more money than AT&T is willing to pay. More power to AT&T!  They know that more rate increases will only drive away more customers. 

Oh, and switching providers will only help until your new provider goes through the same crap. 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 1651 of 1,951
Highlighted
Contributor

Re: When Will DIRECTV bring back NBC in Sacramento area?

Its been over 2 weeks and still dont have NBC back. This is ridiculous. When will they get this channel back in the line up. If this isnt resolved soon I will be switching networks. Very disappointedSmiley Sad

Message 1652 of 1,951
Contributor

When will ABC 24 return to Hernando Ms Direct TV? What are my options to view this channel?

Unable to view local ABC Channel 24. What are my viewing options to watch programs?

Message 1653 of 1,951
Contributor

AT&T you are very close to being out of my house.

From TERRIBLE customer service, an APP that is worthless, and now we haven’t had NBC for weeks.  I am just about done with you. I don’t care why NBC isn’t on. All I know is we are paying for a full service we aren’t getting. I can get it elsewhere. 

Message 1654 of 1,951
Contributor

Blacked out channels

So Can I cancel my service for breach of contract. You are not providing the channels I signed up for. Channel 6 out of Lansing is the main Channel my Family watches.

Message 1655 of 1,951
ACE - Expert

Re: AT&T you are very close to being out of my house.

Until your new provider gets hit with the same problem. So how much more will you pay to get it back?

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 1656 of 1,951
ACE - Expert

Re: Blacked out channels

No, as there is no breach the clause in the contract states that channels and programming are subject to change at anytime.  You are paying DTV to deliver sat channels not specific channels.

Message 1657 of 1,951
Contributor

Lost local CBS ... Replacement?

Lost local CBS.Wife hasnt seen her soaps in a week.We DVR them while at work. Can I get another CBS? Don't car if its local.

Message 1658 of 1,951
ACE - Expert

Re: Lost local CBS ... Replacement?

No. FCC regulations don’t allow Directv to provide an alternative. 

Message 1659 of 1,951
Scholar

Re: Lost local CBS ... Replacement?

Do you get channel 273, POP? I know that channel plays episodes of Young and the Restless every morning, the previous day’s show. You could also get a free trial of CBS All Access to catch up on the missed soaps. Or can you pick up CBS with an over-the-air antenna? Hope you get the channel back soon. One last thing you can do is contact DirecTV and ask them to send you a local channel connector kit, if it’s available. 

Message 1660 of 1,951
ACE - Expert

Re: When will ABC 24 return to Hernando Ms Direct TV? What are my options to view this channel?

Get an OTA antenna connected to the TV's OTA tuner.

Message 1661 of 1,951
Contributor

Channel 4

Please bring back channel 4

Message 1662 of 1,951

Discontinuing service after 5 years.

Decided to go with Dish instead, as it offers more channels for less money.  ATT just kept slowly raising prices, offering specials instead of refunding over charges, specials ending causing bill to go up.  Tired of it.  Poor service, worse customer service.  No empathy, no desire to satisfy CONSUMERS, only interested in bringing in money for ATT.  Called to end service and was informed that I will be charged a full months service (less than a week into the month), even though I am not in a contract.  Somehow I am contractually obligated to pay for a full month, plus I am required to seek out a Fedex store to turn in equipment, since ATT/Directv can't seem to afford to send a box. The money spent just may be well worth the lesson to NEVER use an ATT service again.  They also dropped a local station that is important to those of us who live near the gulf coast.  A station on which we rely for storm informatio, evacuation and other safety concerns.  All because ATT is again unwilling to negotiate or,heaven forbid, pay for a service, as this may cut into their considerable profit derived from the customers   Doubtful there will be a response to this.  Their lack of ethics will prevent them prorating my bill for sevices I will not receive.

Message 1663 of 1,951
ACE - Expert

Re: Discontinuing service after 5 years.

Your local channel removed their feed to DTV.  So you are moving to dish because they are cheaper yet you are blaming DTV for trying to keep cost down!  Have fun provider hoping when dish is hit with this problem. 

Since January the policy is now you pay for and receive service until the end of your billing cycle.

Message 1664 of 1,951

Re: Discontinuing service after 5 years.

Locked in to a lower rate.  Your comments reflect the lack of empathy that is now the face of customer service at Directv.  The policy of charging the full billing cycle is either based on the greed that is ATT/Directv, or they can't afford to hire an accountant who is capable of figuring out how to prorate a bill.  Guarantee you it is greed.  Answer was just another example of the company's profit motivated attitude that tells the customer there is no way ATT/Directv will work with a customer, nor do they care if a customer stays.  Good luck with your business model.

Message 1665 of 1,951
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

If your DIRECTV account has recently moved into myAT&T, let us help you manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T.

Additional Support