Channels removed from DIRECTV lineup (January 2017)

Highlighted
Scholar

Channels removed from DIRECTV lineup (January 2017)

I am done with Directv!!! I pay alot of money to have your service and you pull this crap!! I am tired of you putting the consumer in the middle of your fight with the local stations without any compensation for the days that we are without local channels.  Lucky that the Patriots are playing on another channel!!!  My New Years resolution is to DUMP Directv.

Message 108 of 1,173
Contributor

ABC

I just got Direct TV.  Managed to find NBC and CBS but can't find ABC.  Is it not available with Direct TV?

Message 1 of 1,173
ACE - Master

Re: ABC

I have it in Southern CA.

What is your zip code?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 1,173

I have it in the NJ/NY area
Message 3 of 1,173
ACE - Expert

irwingerszberg wrote:
I have it in the NJ/NY area

Are you the original poster here?  In the NJ/NY area, your ABC channel should be WABC on Ch7.  But it depends on exactly where you're located.  Check out www.directv.com/locals

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 1,173
Teacher

nbc

i live in a rual area so when direct tv came on the scene it was a real game changer but if you cannot strike a deal with nbc then direct tv is taking themselves out of the game! try cutting back on all the stupid tv comercials  get the deal done or im looking for programming elsewere!

Message 5 of 1,173
ACE - Master

Re: nbc

It's NBC that removed its programs.  How much more do you want to pay for one channel? All providers have the same contracts so it will happen to them also.

Message 6 of 1,173
Employee

Re: nbc

Unfortunately, the local affiliates make it seem like Directv is turning off their programming, where in actuality its the affiliates that control what is on the channel and want more money from Directv.  The affiliates then tell the consumer to call Directv to "demand" they get their channel back on the air.  Dirty pool, but that's how they operate.  Go to http://directvpromise.com/ for the latest details.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 7 of 1,173

My local channel missing

I pay for my local channel and now I don't get it anymore due to your two differences.Please offer a discount or will you get that channel back soon?Please do its part of our contract.Very unhappy customer.

Message 8 of 1,173
ACE - Master

Re: My local channel missing

So what is the call sign of this channel and is it involved in a retransmission dispute, any error messages?

Message 9 of 1,173

It's channel nbc.This is a major channel.We need this channel.Its not fair to paying customers.

Message 10 of 1,173

Also I believe it's a dispute between them.Do you think they will resolve this?

Message 11 of 1,173
Contributor

I am not getting ABC channel.  You need to resolve this issue with the dispute.  I also want a discount.  I am paying for something I am not receiving.  The negottiations should have been started prior to the station going dark.  If I wanted this I could get an antenna and get it for free!!! 

Message 12 of 1,173
ACE - Expert

DirecTV usually resolves these stupid contract negotiations faster than Dish and other service providers.  Be sure to lean on that local station.  They're the ones holding out for more of your money.  And ask then why you should have to pay anything for stations that our government gives them free access to over-the-airwaves.  

Message 13 of 1,173
Employee

Yes, it will be resolved, the question is how long it will take...

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 14 of 1,173
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the Watching DIRECTV Forum! Need to troubleshoot your service? Need to see some of the products we offer? Wondering how to take your DVR with you? Click below!

Additional Support